What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Rams

my last post with you... naw, you wont get my opinion.. you are arrogant and think way too high of your program. you dont want my opinion, you want more fodder to argue CUs reasons for being a top program and CSU being a little brother... I grew up in colorado, i have family that went to CU.. ive heard it all. Nothing you can say will be new. If you wanted to rationally discuss FB and the game, then you would act like it.. not like an arrogant prick

It is all good. If I pissed you off I apologize. I really thought I was being rational with my points but obviously I wasn't. I don't think I've ever been called arrogant or a prick :lol:

The non-rivalry thing is my opinion but my compatriots called me out for me saying that it isn't a rivalry.

It's hard for little brother to understand that many CU fans consider the CU/CSU game to be just another out of conference game.

And therein lies the rub for CU fans...while I think the move to the Pac-10 was a positive one financially. CU has effectively ended its rivalry with Nebraska, who will now pair up with Iowa for late season contests. CU's move actually elevated the "rivalry" between CSU and CU, because no matter what many on here may say, at the end of the day CSU gets the average CU fans' ire up a whole lot more than Utah ever will.

For now, yes. There's no doubt about that. Proximity alone will have that effect. However, once both CU and Utah are in the Pac 12, and are at a point where both are competing for conference championships, then the dynamic of that series will shift into a different gear. Utah will always have BYU, though, and CU will always have CSU as our in-state rivals.

...my point EXACTLY...there is NO CSU alive that is able to realize that CU overall is a better program and on a national level, a great program. Are we top tier like USC, Nebraska, Michigan, ND, Florida, Texas, etc? No, but we are still a great program...we've just sucked for the last several years. Guess what? History does account for a lot. Yeah, there's a lot of shortsighted people that can only think in terms of the immediate day, but history accounts for a lot of things in life.

1992? idiot...

While I agree that when Lubick was at his peak, he was turning this game into a rivalry, I don't consider this to be a rivalry today. Reason is that Lubcik's success was not sustained, and CU also started to suck. I understand Unleash's comment about Nebraska, and yes, the correlation is definitely there during the mid 80s. However, I will say that once we get to the late 80s through mid 90s, Nebraska and CU were playing for national prominence. The repercussions of the game's outcome had a lot more meaning than whether or not a decent mid-major school beats a reeling major school.

I know csu fans would be all over history if they had any. Don't forget, CU is #17 in all time wins, they didn't get that by having one good stretch in the 90's. Oklahoma had a bad 10 year stretch in the 90's, I don't remember people saying they weren't a great program. They went through a tough time and rebounded. Colorado has done it before and rebounded and they will rebound again.

For now, yes. There's no doubt about that. Proximity alone will have that effect. However, once both CU and Utah are in the Pac 12, and are at a point where both are competing for conference championships, then the dynamic of that series will shift into a different gear. Utah will always have BYU, though, and CU will always have CSU as our in-state rivals.

I think your program matches up with Utahs very well. they are very well coached(but have some JC transfers that play very tough but sometimes a bit dirty much like KSt back in the day)... Utah has a great fan following, close proximity and I think you two will make great rivals if it works out that way.

I know csu fans would be all over history if they had any. Don't forget, CU is #17 in all time wins. Oklahoma had a bad 10 year stretch in the 90's, I don't remember people saying they weren't a great program. They went through a tough time and rebounded. Colorado has done it before and rebounded and they will rebound again.

This is absolutely the truth. I have no doubt in my mind of it. There are simply too many positives at CU for this not to happen eventually.

That BYU-Utah dymnamic is going to be interesting to watch play out. Recent success aside, Utah has long been considered to be the "second class" historically to BYU. Those games are going to get even more heated in the coming years.

I know csu fans would be all over history if they had any. Don't forget, CU is #17 in all time wins, they didn't get that by having one good stretch in the 90's. Oklahoma had a bad 10 year stretch in the 90's, I don't remember people saying they weren't a great program. They went through a tough time and rebounded. Colorado has done it before and rebounded and they will rebound again.

CU has also played over 20 HS teams over their history... CSU 2

It's true. Right coaching hire and an infusion of money to the program and CU can be right back on top in 3-4 years

Don't forget that all-time wins is about the most misleading statistic in college football as well. Just review Troy's resume and their approx. Top 30 ranking. I think CU has a chance to get back though. They have certainly done it in the past.

... no matter what many on here may say, at the end of the day CSU gets the average CU fans' ire up a whole lot more than Utah ever will.

I don't know... IF CU ever returns to the status of competitive program I think an in-conference rivalry game will be much bigger. Take Nebraska, for instance. There is really no reason for that to be a rivalry except that CU and the Corn have been in the same conf. since DBT was in diapers. As long as the two teams were scheduled to play, no one, not even CSU, has gotten CU fans' ire up, as you put it, as much as Nebraska.

It might take time... heck, it might not ever happen. But ever is a little over the top.

I think your program matches up with Utahs very well. they are very well coached(but have some JC transfers that play very tough but sometimes a bit dirty much like KSt back in the day)... Utah has a great fan following, close proximity and I think you two will make great rivals if it works out that way.

Right now, Utah is light years ahead of CU. They've invested heavily in their football program, and it shows. They have solid coaching and a well established system in place that gets the most out of the players they have. The move to the Pac will help them recruit players they've never been able to recruit before. However, long term, CU has advantages that Utah can only dream of. Proximity to a major metropolitan area, history, influential alumni (Chris Fowler, for instance) just to name a few. That's not to say Utah can't compete, they can. They've proven it. It's just that CU doesn't have as far to go or as much to work on to get back to where they were as Utah would if they were in the same spot.

Look at it this way: CU sucks eggs right now. Utah is far and away the better program. And yet, CU was the first to get the Pac 10 invite. Why do you think that was?

Don't forget that all-time wins is about the most misleading statistic in college football as well. Just review Troy's resume and their approx. Top 30 ranking. I think CU has a chance to get back though. They have certainly done it in the past.

So take away those 20 wins vs. high school teams (as well as everyone elses).

You're not seriously suggesting that makes a huge difference, right?

Ok ram fans, you feel the need to disrespect us. Wins aren't good enough for you. Lets compare top 5 finishes. How about 5 in three different decades? And another decade we were literally a INT away from playing for a national championshhip (we didn't finish top 5 that decade that would have made 4 different decades finishing in top 5)

Last edited:
Right now, Utah is light years ahead of CU. They've invested heavily in their football program, and it shows. They have solid coaching and a well established system in place that gets the most out of the players they have. The move to the Pac will help them recruit players they've never been able to recruit before. However, long term, CU has advantages that Utah can only dream of. Proximity to a major metropolitan area, history, influential alumni (Chris Fowler, for instance) just to name a few. That's not to say Utah can't compete, they can. They've proven it. It's just that CU doesn't have as far to go or as much to work on to get back to where they were as Utah would if they were in the same spot.

Look at it this way: CU sucks eggs right now. Utah is far and away the better program. And yet, CU was the first to get the Pac 10 invite. Why do you think that was?

The Olympics funding a new stadium certainly didn't hurt Utah in getting its program jump started either.

Ok ram fans, you feel the need to disrespect us. Wins aren't good enough for you. Lets compare top 5 finishes. How about 5 in three different decades? And another decade we were literally a INT away from playing for a national championshhip (we didn't finish top 5 decade to make 4 different decades finishing in top 5)

lol.."disrespect us"

... i can see you now "we must protect this house" You have a good history.. i dont thik anyone was arguing against that...were they??

just about any ram fan pretty much denies our history

i see...

dawson-crying.jpg

Ok ram fans, you feel the need to disrespect us. Wins aren't good enough for you. Lets compare top 5 finishes. How about 5 in three different decades? And another decade we were literally a INT away from playing for a national championshhip (we didn't finish top 5 decade to make 4 different decades finishing in top 5)

No one is arguing that wins aren't good enough....simply that its a misleading statistic. Look at Florida State which was a women's college for years. 5 Top 5 finishes certainly is impressive. However I haven't looked at the statistics, but I assume Washington and possibly even BYU would have similar claims?

No one is arguing that wins aren't good enough....simply that its a misleading statistic. Look at Florida State which was a women's college for years. 5 Top 5 finishes certainly is impressive. However I haven't looked at the statistics, but I assume Washington and possibly even BYU would have similar claims?

and both wash and byu have good histories

So take away those 20 wins vs. high school teams (as well as everyone elses).

You're not seriously suggesting that makes a huge difference, right?

CSquared is very concerned about some of the wins over high schools in the 1800s. Don't ask me why, but he is.

That's right. Pretty good company, there. Way better than CSU.

No one is disagreeing with you nor arguing that somehow CSU is better situated historically. I think the point is...that if you read some of the rhetoric on here it becomes clear that CU fans would never want to consider themselves on par "historically" with say a Washington or BYU. I think most Buff fans believe their program's history situates them in far more elite company.

according to the Princeton Review Ave GPA of kids entering CU 3.6.....

CSU...3.6

get over yourself

:rofl2::rofl2: I knew you would say something stupid like that. Unless you want to be a vet there is nothing that csu can match CU in.

CSquared is very concerned about some of the wins over high schools in the 1800s. Don't ask me why, but he is.

I like accuracy damnit! Serioulsy - go check out Troy's wins in the 20's. They played nearly all high school teams! Yet somehow they get to claim they are a Top 30 team in historical wins? That is ridiculious and no program (CU, CSU, Nebraska, whoever) should not have them count towards their total.

Last edited:
Back