What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The real reason the student section is never even half full at kickoff

Spending time with good looking young women is alot more fun than watching a CU football team get waxed.

Remember a lot of our student base is from california and specifically the southern cal area. Have you ever seen how late they get to dodgers or lakers games? :lol:

Lot a hate directed at JRK#whatever for mostly being right, despite his weak analogy with the classroom.

I remember (vaguely) a few games where I spent as much if not more attention to some girls than what is going on on the field.

Never a close game though. There were quite a few blowouts in my day.

How about this? The real reason students show up late for games is because it takes a solid 45 minutes from the time you get in the line to when you step foot in the stadium when you're holding a student ticket.

That .... and ....... we have pretty much sucked for the better part of a decade. Who wants to come to Folsom and see the once-mighty Buffs get pummelled by a MAC team? When we turn the corner, and we will, the students will all be back packed into their seats along with everyone else. They are seriously begging for at least decent football. I mean, they rush the friggin' field after every win over any decent team.

That .... and ....... we have pretty much sucked for the better part of a decade. Who wants to come to Folsom and see the once-mighty Buffs get pummelled by a MAC team? When we turn the corner, and we will, the students will all be back packed into their seats along with everyone else. They are seriously begging for at least decent football. I mean, they rush the friggin' field after every win over any decent team.

The student section has been near full this year except at half of the Oregon game and the 4th quarter of the USC game.

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag

As someone else had said (snow?) when i was there, '02-'05 seasons, you needed to use the buff one card to get in. They wouldn't start swiping cards until about 20 min before kickoff, and only had about 4-6 people swiping cards once they opened the lines. It was usually mayhem before the games with 1000-2000 students yelling and shaking the fences trying to get in.

That is partially true, I was a student in those days (graduated in '07) too. The lower classmen had to swipe BuffOne cards, but upperclassmen were able to get hard tickets (I think..those times were a blur).

As someone else had said (snow?) when i was there, '02-'05 seasons, you needed to use the buff one card to get in. They wouldn't start swiping cards until about 20 min before kickoff, and only had about 4-6 people swiping cards once they opened the lines. It was usually mayhem before the games with 1000-2000 students yelling and shaking the fences trying to get in.

Not only do they have only 10 people swiping cards, most of the time it takes about 328 tries before the stupid card reader can read the card. Total shocker that a card the students have to use to eat at the dining halls, ride the bus, get in and out of dorms and other buildings after hours, etc. doesn't scan too well on the mobile scanning device.

Not only do they have only 10 people swiping cards, most of the time it takes about 328 tries before the stupid card reader can read the card. Total shocker that a card the students have to use to eat at the dining halls, ride the bus, get in and out of dorms and other buildings after hours, etc. doesn't scan too well on the mobile scanning device.

And if it doesn't scan you get to go stand in another line that moves even slower.

I'd encourage anyone who disagrees with what I wrote to watch part of tomorrows game in the student section. I think you'll realize that most students don't really give a sh*t about what's happening on the field. To most of them the actual game itself is secondary to talking with the people next to them about random crap, checking their facebooks and text messages, taking pictures of themselves with the field in the backround, smoking, dancing to whatever sh*tty rap music is coming out of the sh*tty sound system, starting the wave and various stupid chants, cheering that male cheerleader, and singing along with the band. It's the 2nd quarter by time the student section is actually filled, if CU is losing even if it's not by a huge margin they leave early and if the game is close they stay but still pay minimal attention to the game. And when we do lose you can see on peoples faces that they just care. I realize that having a bad team plays into this all and maybe i'm being a little hyperbolic but my point still stands.I'm not trying to be critical here everyone has different interests in life and that's fine I'm just making an observation.

You may not be trying to be critical (which you are), you are a huge twat waffle. I you don't like it, do something about it. Put up or shut up.

It sure seems to bother you because you keep posting the same thing over and over, slightly longer each time.

I'd encourage anyone who disagrees with what I wrote to watch part of tomorrows game in the student section. I think you'll realize that most students don't really give a sh*t about what's happening on the field. To most of them the actual game itself is secondary to talking with the people next to them about random crap, checking their facebooks and text messages, taking pictures of themselves with the field in the backround, smoking, dancing to whatever sh*tty rap music is coming out of the sh*tty sound system, starting the wave and various stupid chants, cheering that male cheerleader, and singing along with the band. It's the 2nd quarter by time the student section is actually filled, if CU is losing even if it's not by a huge margin they leave early and if the game is close they stay but still pay minimal attention to the game. And when we do lose you can see on peoples faces that they just care. I realize that having a bad team plays into this all and maybe i'm being a little hyperbolic but my point still stands.I'm not trying to be critical here everyone has different interests in life and that's fine I'm just making an observation.

Wow, you just described pretty much any student section in the country. Good for you!

My prediction is the students won't care, ozell does flips, ralphie runs, west side fans sit and it will be windy.

....and this is every student section everywhere. Welcome to college JRK.

I actually agree with you. I think it is terrible that our students are attending the game and enjoying themselves. They should stay home and leave the bleachers empty so real fans like you can show how awesome you are

....and this is every student section everywhere. Welcome to college JRK.

I actually agree with you. I think it is terrible that our students are attending the game and enjoying themselves. They should stay home and leave the bleachers empty so real fans like you can show how awesome you are

I wish they would all be quiet when we are on defense so we can hear what the other teams QB sounds like. I love hearing their voices.

Back