What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The REAL reason why NU to Big 11 in 2011

Maybe you should go back and read the first post, it's basically saying we're leaving in 2011 because we don't want to play away in our final season in the Big XII. Guarantee you that has nothing to do with why we are leaving in 2011. However in typical Buffs style you all start speculating just like you always do and twist everything to make it against NU. I'm actually kinda sad to see this series end between us. Besides KSUcks and sCUm there aren't too many teams I dislike more. However I'm sure Iowa will fit the bill nicely as fans that talk trash and have no reason to.

Mick, come up with a better comeback other than "this is OUR board." It's like listening to a broken record as that's all that is said around here, constantly. You guys switch conferences and your arrogance goes right back up. Don't forget how bad the past few years have been to the Buffs. NU was there not too long ago as well. Both teams may have some rough periods at first with the transition to the Big 10 and Pac 10.

Your post was about why teams left. No one here disagrees with the Big 12 not handling its business correctly and everything getting dominated by Texas. That's the main reason both of us wanted out (with increased academic research and funding opportunities right up there, too). But the assumption was that everyone was sticking around for 2 more years. Nebraska broke with that.

Is it really that crazy to you to suggest that your last Big 12 game being in Lincoln wasn't a consideration in the decision and that, overall, your decision-makers didn't like the look of a final season with the only 4 road games to Austin, Lawrence, Columbia and Boulder? I honestly think you guys wanted to avoid that because you know what reception you'd get. I'm sure there are other reasons, but that's the fun one for Buff fans to speculate about.

From now on, I'll be calling you guys the Cornchickens.

NU cut and ran to the Little 11 in 2001 because that way those Corngirls won't have to travel to Austin, Boulder, and Columbia in 2012 to allow those fans the oppournity to send NU off PROPERLY.

100k Texas rednecks reminding them who their Daddy is.
Angry Misery fans giving the Corngirls one finger salutes.

And lastly, CU giving the Corngirls a nice 62-36 send off to the Little 11.

KU fans would have had chance too.

What a bunch of sissys.

:lol: Your drunk

There wont be a Big XII in '12.

The remaining teams will merge into the MWC. With TCU in already they'll take whomever is left among KU, KSU, ISU et al.

The questions is what will Texas do? And then after them what will OU do? If those two stay I'd expect more teams to get added to the Big 12 from the MWC.

I will not talk trash, I will only state the facts, HUSKERS are everything that CU can only hope to be:smile2:

How many Astronauts you got? MaCarthur Geniuses? Rhode Scholars? Nobel Prizes? Zero.

But since football is all you put your money into then you do have us on that point. Good job! :wink2:

The Big 10 is a good academic conference as is the Pac 10. Both better than the Big 12 which kinda hurt you guys when a minimum GPA was imposed on you in exchange for entrance. Who knows what the Big 10 will impose.

Last edited:
One of them already did. I was up there last week, and as I was walking by Big Red Of the Rockies, the door was open and I could see a sign in there that said something about Big 12 country. I loudly laughed and told my wife (so they could hear inside), "About to be Pac 10 country."

Wow you mean Estes could not support TWO Big Red stores? Crazy.

There will always be a Big Red shop in Estes it is tradition.

Your post was about why teams left. No one here disagrees with the Big 12 not handling its business correctly and everything getting dominated by Texas. That's the main reason both of us wanted out (with increased academic research and funding opportunities right up there, too). But the assumption was that everyone was sticking around for 2 more years. Nebraska broke with that.

Is it really that crazy to you to suggest that your last Big 12 game being in Lincoln wasn't a consideration in the decision and that, overall, your decision-makers didn't like the look of a final season with the only 4 road games to Austin, Lawrence, Columbia and Boulder? I honestly think you guys wanted to avoid that because you know what reception you'd get. I'm sure there are other reasons, but that's the fun one for Buff fans to speculate about.

From now on, I'll be calling you guys the Cornchickens.

Nebraska never ever said they would leave in 2012 so they "broke" nothing. Nebraska is going to the Big Ten in 2011 because they can afford to. Just like not being able to afford to buy out Hawkins, CU could not afford to go to the Pac in 2011 because of the B12 penalties. The B12 penalties are not enough to keep Nebraska from bailing in '11.

Colorado is going to a conference that has the lowest revenue of all BCS conferences. No reason to bail fast you will be making less money in the Pac.

Nebraska is going to a conference that has the highest revenue of all BCS conferences. The sooner we join the Big Ten the sooner we make more money.

Nebraska never ever said they would leave in 2012 so they "broke" nothing. Nebraska is going to the Big Ten in 2011 because they can afford to. Just like not being able to afford to buy out Hawkins, CU could not afford to go to the Pac in 2011 because of the B12 penalties. The B12 penalties are not enough to keep Nebraska from bailing in '11.

Colorado is going to a conference that has the lowest revenue of all BCS conferences. No reason to bail fast you will be making less money in the Pac.

Nebraska is going to a conference that has the highest revenue of all BCS conferences. The sooner we join the Big Ten the sooner we make more money.

Actually , from what I saw, you guys aren't gonna be making any more at all when you move, especially at first.

And here's my "Reading Comprehension for Cornchickens" lesson for the day:

My post clearly stated that you guys broke with the assumption that re-alignment wouldn't happen for 2 years. Other conferences, the networks, and other programs were working under that assumption. Now that you (hopefully) understand, I'm sure that you will agree that "Nebraska broke with that."

Back