What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Recruiting Game

MacIntyre stated yesterday that (or maybe the day before) they would like to take the team on the road for some spring practices. I think most of this is just sour grapes that Michigan is taking advantage of the loophole first.

That's kinda how I see it SB. I don't know how right it is though. Michigan doesn't need help, their brand has been established for a very long time.
They still have a name, but are still way behind OSU in terms of overall talent. A one time big boost will accelerate the ground gaining tremendously.

MacIntyre stated yesterday that (or maybe the day before) they would like to take the team on the road for some spring practices. I think most of this is just sour grapes that Michigan is taking advantage of the loophole first.

I think all of these coaches are saying this so the NCAA puts an end to it starting next year.

Just because someone found a loophole doesn't mean it's not bull****. The Michigan coaches sent out an invite to all high school coaches and "fans," so saying they didn't initiate contact is dumb because they clearly did. Maybe Michigan should change their school name to the University of Michigan at Tampa if they are mad about the unofficial visits IN-STATE schools get during dead periods. Michigan did a lot more than make themselves available, this has been promoted for quite a while now and they scheduled it at a high school with 20 division 1 prospects, hum I wonder why.
The recruiting rules are ridiculous, but Michigan is exploiting them to their advantage, it's a brilliant move on their part and there are a lot of butt hurt coaches out there that are upset they didn't think of it first. This is why they are paying Harbaugh so much money.

This is starting to get entertaining. Someone tell me you wouldn't want Harbaugh as the HC of CU....

Really has less to do with Harbaugh and more to do with the NCAA allowing this to happen since you know they had to get it approved before hand.

This is starting to get entertaining. Someone tell me you wouldn't want Harbaugh as the HC of CU....

Ugh... I hate to have to side with Butch Jones in any capacity, but this is rotten. It's funny to me how the NCAA already ruled that opposing coaches couldn't attend practices at IMG because it's a dead period, but is refraining to rule anything about Michigan's having practices at IMG until next year.

Would love to have Harbaugh as CU's HC, but if he tried this **** at CU or any non blue-blood program he already would have been hit hard by the NCAA.

It's already one of most storied rivalries in college football, and Harbaugh has completely reignited it. Now all he has to do is beat them...

It's already one of most storied rivalries in college football, and Harbaugh has completely reignited it. Now all he has to do is beat them...
He's not in the best position considering the ass whooping Ohio state put on them last season lol. Very entertaining though.

The hate is deep, grew up in ohio. But having friends yelling out O-H-I-O every five minutes at any time and place is a bit annoying.

Really good idea I heard yesterday on Russillo and Kanell from Seth Greenberg regarding the Florida spring practice. This would be the same as the European basketball tour college bball teams can do every 4 years. That would be a good way to go about it IMO.

Really good idea I heard yesterday on Russillo and Kanell from Seth Greenberg regarding the Florida spring practice. This would be the same as the European basketball tour college bball teams can do every 4 years. That would be a good way to go about it IMO.
Why would the Buffs want to have spring practice in Europe?

He's not in the best position considering the ass whooping Ohio state put on them last season lol. Very entertaining though.

Hard to stomach pulling for Urban and tOSU but Harbaugh has managed to give me reason.

Interesting recruiting story about Urban...
http://espn.go.com/college-football...ogram-amid-criticism-kentucky-wildcats-signee

"I was at Ohio State having a private meeting with Urban Meyer," Young told SECcountry.com. "They had treated me like a piece of meat, just treated me like crap. By that time, I was a four-star tackle. ... He said, 'Well, if you look back at that time, you were how big?' I said, '6-7, 270, just like I am now.' He said, 'Well, you were an insubstantial tackle, an insubstantial player,' so he was saying I [didn't] even amount to being able to be recruited by Ohio State as a four-star tackle.

"He said, 'Now what offers did you have?' I said, 'I had my one from Kentucky,' and he said, 'Well, you were an insubstantial player with insubstantial offers from an insubstantial school.' That sort of put me on a bad note because that's the team I'm committed to. He called me a bad player at that."

It's strange because the kid's quotes seem to be telling a story that this conversation was had directly with Urban Meyer and that Urban was the one calling him out on all this stuff, yet Urban is saying he's disappointed with his staff for the way they treated him? Something doesn't add up here. On one hand, I can totally believe Urban (or any cutthroat coach of a blue blood program) downplaying the kid's UK offer or early recruiting projection, but at the same time, the kid's story makes it sound like Urban basically **** on the kid's entire athletic past and future, and I'm skeptical that any coach would do that to a kid they invited on a visit. Maybe I'm just naive about how some of these top programs handle their recruiting.

Stories like that happen all over but still really surprise me. Heard similar things about Carlo Kemp's trip to ND just about how he wasn't treated very well, and sort of ignored. Doesn't make sense to me that coaches would act that way even if they didn't want a player.

Back