What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The silver lining - there's no doubting Hawk's incompetence

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
Going into this game, there were folks who said "we have more experience this year", and "the talent level is finally where we need it to be", and blah, blah, blah. After this, only a truly insane person can look at the clusterfuk that has become Colorado football and come away with any conclusion other than the fact that Hawkins is completely and totally incompetent. He simply can't coach. He's a worthless head coach in every sense of the word, and there's no denying it.

I think Hawkins has proven that he can be a decent coach, he was 55-11 or something at Boise State, after all -- but not at a place like CU.

I think Hawkins would do a decent job in a program in an easy conference (WAC, MWC, Sun Belt, etc.) where he can have a team full of Scotty McKnight, Kyle Cefalo, Cody Hawkins type players.

Outside of that, he's shown that he is completely, totally, absolutely, positively, outside of his element.

If anything, the way Boise has played after he left would lead one to believe that he sucked there, too.

If anything, the way Boise has played after he left would lead one to believe that he sucked there, too.

What is Boise's record since he left? I doubt they have lost 11 games in the same time span that he coached. I could be wrong, and defenitly am too lazy to look it up.

I think Hawkins has proven that he can be a decent coach, he was 55-11 or something at Boise State, after all -- but not at a place like CU.

I think Hawkins would do a decent job in a program in an easy conference (WAC, MWC, Sun Belt, etc.) where he can have a team full of Scotty McKnight, Kyle Cefalo, Cody Hawkins type players.

Outside of that, he's shown that he is completely, totally, absolutely, positively, outside of his element.

He was decent because he surrounded himself with decent assistants...

What is Boise's record since he left? I doubt they have lost 11 games in the same time span that he coached. I could be wrong, and defenitly am too lazy to look it up.

Well - Hawkins was at Boise for 5 years. He went 53-11.

Peterson is 50-4 in the 4+ (this is his 5th year) years since Hawkins left.

how many of Hawk's assistants were already on Koetter's Boise staff when K took the ASU job? Who went with Koetter, any? How many did Hawk hire?

honest question. don't expect anyone to know off-hand, but would be interesting to know.

My dad brought up an interesting point today, not sure if it's 100% true, but Hawkins never even beat a decent team on the road at Boise. I believe that with the conference they in.

how many of Hawk's assistants were already on Koetter's Boise staff when K took the ASU job? Who went with Koetter, any? How many did Hawk hire?

honest question. don't expect anyone to know off-hand, but would be interesting to know.

I don't know how many were Koetter's coaches -- but I do know that Hawkins brought Peterson in to be his OC in his first year as head coach at Boise.

that was more dumb luck than anything, though. peterson had never been an offensive coordinator up to that point.

Oh, I agree. But it showed good insight on Hawkins' part to bring him in.

Of course, Peterson might be just like Hawkins. If he ever went to a BCS school he might get whipped all day long. It I'm Peterson I am loving my life in Boise!!

Back