What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 'Spirit Bell" - New Buff Tradition Starts Today

InTheBuff

Club Member
Club Member
http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=1575860

BOULDER — Last season, University of Colorado head football coach Dan Hawkins instituted the Buffalo Roundup, where the team is dropped off in front of Libby Hall, walks through the Folsom Field plaza and by the bronze buffalo, and then into the stadium through a tunnel comprised of fans, cheerleaders and the Golden Buffalo Marching Band.

Fairly well attended, it was still missing that certain something. And this year, thanks to long-time CU supporter Barb Roberts Quinlan, that certain something is a massive bell she donated to the university in memory of her late husband, Dwight Roberts, who in the 1970s became the first president of the CU Foundation.

Dubbed the “Spirit Bell,” it will be rung twice on game days at Folsom. The first will be 10 minutes prior to the team’s arrival on Colorado Avenue to alert the fans to gather to welcome the team; this will take place about two-and-a-half hours prior to kickoff. The second will be 10 minutes before Ralphie is set to run inside the stadium to let people know it’s time to enter the gates to see one of college football’s unique spectacles.

The new tradition will begin Saturday, when Colorado plays host to Eastern Washington in a 1:30 p.m. at Folsom Field.

I heard it from outside the stadium. But, the Buffalo walk turnout was TERRIBLE

I heard it from outside the stadium. But, the Buffalo walk turnout was TERRIBLE

I heard of severla people who went at about 11:05, as Bohn had said it would be at 11:10, and it was already over. I am sure that that did not help the turnout if they went early.

Can it, we don't need hokey new traditions. Boulder is Boulder and any bells or walks, strolls, whatever are not needed. We are what we are, we don't need to copy the SEC, Big 10 (11) or god forbid unl. Leave us alone to our tradition of non-tradition.

Back