What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The staff

You aren't paying enough attention to what JDBattleMC posts. Logan was the obvious choice for HC.

Now that the Logan haters can breathe a sigh of relief (that he isn't HC), how about bringing him in for TEs or WRs? He would lock up in-state recruiting.

Now that the Logan haters can breathe a sigh of relief (that he isn't HC), how about bringing him in for TEs or WRs? He would lock up in-state recruiting.
"Hey, Dave. How'd you like to be CU's recievers coach?" "Whats it pay?" "$150 K per year on a month to month contract." ":rofl2:"

"Hey, Dave. How'd you like to be CU's recievers coach?" "Whats it pay?" "$150 K per year on a month to month contract." ":rofl2:"
More like, "Hey Dave, if you ever want a shot at coaching D1, not to mention at CU, take this 150K job"

More like, "Hey Dave, if you ever want a shot at coaching D1, not to mention at CU, take this 150K job"

Well, I heard Dave talk about this very thing today. His response was, "I've been blessed. I get to work with kids coaching the greatest game on earth. If I do this for another twenty years, there is nothing better than coaching high school kids and I'll be happy with that." Or something. He makes a **** load of money and loves coaching kids. Whats wrong with that? We live in a society that is all about how high you can go. How about how much you can accomplish?

Well, I heard Dave talk about this very thing today. His response was, "I've been blessed. I get to work with kids coaching the greatest game on earth. If I do this for another twenty years, there is nothing better than coaching high school kids and I'll be happy with that." Or something. He makes a **** load of money and loves coaching kids. Whats wrong with that? We live in a society that is all about how high you can go. How about how much you can accomplish?

I wish he would relay this message to IRV AND JOE so they STFU about him.

Irv and joe will be shut up soon enough. they both like embree and we will win and that will take care of everything.
As for logan if he really wanted to coach at the next levels he would have taken the WR'S job shanahan offered him
so i think he likes what he is doing.

I've actually heard similar things from many great high school coaches in different sports. My high school waterpolo coach is considered one of the best in the nation. He got multiple offers over the years to coach at many big time D1 waterpolo schools and he always turned them down despite the bigger salaries and prestige. I asked him once why he didn't want to make the jump to the college level and he said that coaching high school was more fun because you were teaching the game to the kids at that level. The kids were really hungry to learn. He said, "At the high school level kids are always asking 'Coach, how do I do this? Or how can I do that.' But at the college level they ask "Why do i need to do this?'" He said the how question was more fun to him.

Irv and joe will be shut up soon enough. they both like embree and we will win and that will take care of everything.
As for logan if he really wanted to coach at the next levels he would have taken the WR'S job shanahan offered him
so i think he likes what he is doing.

He mentioned that he'd had several offers to coach in the NFL and that he just prefers coaching kids. I think he does it homage to his dad. He also sounds like he believes it is his calling, without getting too religious.

I've actually heard similar things from many great high school coaches in different sports. My high school waterpolo coach is considered one of the best in the nation. He got multiple offers over the years to coach at many big time D1 waterpolo schools and he always turned them down despite the bigger salaries and prestige. I asked him once why he didn't want to make the jump to the college level and he said that coaching high school was more fun because you were teaching the game to the kids at that level. The kids were really hungry to learn. He said, "At the high school level kids are always asking 'Coach, how do I do this? Or how can I do that.' But at the college level they ask "Why do i need to do this?'" He said the how question was more fun to him.

I gotta say, it's a good gig.

I gotta say, it's a good gig.
I know in Texas when I was a kid, the big time HS coaches made pretty good money. In Colorado, in the public schools, you have to be a teacher in order to be a coach. I don't think it pays that well here. But Logan coaches at a private school and I suspect he gets a six figure income from that gig. How is it in Florida?

In Texas you make 6 figures if you are at a big program. My HS (Lake Travis) the FB HC makes around 96k. For some of the big 5A schools like SouthLake Carrol etc, I'm sure you could tack on another 20 grand to that number.-- FWIW, I think the next coach would be smart to try to recruit some kids from Lake Travis or Westlake every once in a while. The majority are wealthy kids who wouldn't mind going out of state.

Last edited:
In Texas you make 6 figures if you are at a big program. My HS (Lake Travis) the FB HC makes around 96k. For some of the big 5A schools like SouthLake Carrol etc, I'm sure you could tack on another 20 grand to that number.-- FWIW, I think the next coach would be smart to try to recruit some kids from Lake Travis or Westlake every once in a while. The majority are wealthy kids who wouldn't mind going out of state.
Sounds like Jon will have to put on his "Cliff Huxtable" sweater to recruit there. I sure hope he adds Kanavis to his staff.

What about ronnie bradford he has coached in college and pros and a former buff.

I stand by hiring Logan as HC. We'll see how the Embree hire works out. I am obviously hoping for the best - but I think this was a TERRIBLE hire and that ability to be at a successful program is REALLY trumped by race. These kids are dumb, they aren't signing with a black coach just because he's black. How did Karl Dull work out for UCLA? Randy Shannon? How are Turner Gill's classes at KU looking? You have to have a program that is committed to winning. I don't care if JE hires a TOTALLY black staff - if they don't know what they are doing it isn't going to matter.

I think that Dave Logan would be a fantastic hire as OC, but the people in this thread are right - if he's not the HC, why would he give up TWO cushy jobs? It wouldn't happen. Logan is going to go crush those sissies from Regis today, and then tomorrow he will call the Broncos getting buttraeped by the Chiefs.

Lastly - Mullen doesn't have $100,000 a year to pay their coach. I have coached in DPS and the pay was close to $3,000 a year. Mullen isn't paying 33x that for their coach. Football isn't that big of a deal here, I would suspect he gets somewhere around $5,000 which would be more than 2x what they pay the coaches of their other sports.

I stand by hiring Logan as HC. We'll see how the Embree hire works out. I am obviously hoping for the best - but I think this was a TERRIBLE hire and that ability to be at a successful program is REALLY trumped by race. These kids are dumb, they aren't signing with a black coach just because he's black. How did Karl Dull work out for UCLA? Randy Shannon? How are Turner Gill's classes at KU looking? You have to have a program that is committed to winning. I don't care if JE hires a TOTALLY black staff - if they don't know what they are doing it isn't going to matter.

I think that Dave Logan would be a fantastic hire as OC, but the people in this thread are right - if he's not the HC, why would he give up TWO cushy jobs? It wouldn't happen. Logan is going to go crush those sissies from Regis today, and then tomorrow he will call the Broncos getting buttraeped by the Chiefs.

Lastly - Mullen doesn't have $100,000 a year to pay their coach. I have coached in DPS and the pay was close to $3,000 a year. Mullen isn't paying 33x that for their coach. Football isn't that big of a deal here, I would suspect he gets somewhere around $5,000 which would be more than 2x what they pay the coaches of their other sports.

I want to battle you.

If Logan wants to coach at CU fine, come on as an assistant but hiring him as the HC directly from high school is ridiculous. Kids would laugh their ass off when he comes into their living room. You can't win at CU by just going after the in state kids. Sorry but nobody outside of Colorado knows who the hell Dave Logan is and once they found out that he's only coached high school it they would tune out everything else he has to say. Embree has at least coached in the BigXII, Pac 10 and the NFL. Worlds apart.

LT has better facilities and community support though. Recruits would be underwhelmed on visits here.

Tuiasosopo would be a great hire for the DL. If Cabral is going elsewhere I'd want to see a coach with established connections to the Pacific prep athletes.

If Logan wants to coach at CU fine, come on as an assistant but hiring him as the HC directly from high school is ridiculous. Kids would laugh their ass off when he comes into their living room. You can't win at CU by just going after the in state kids. Sorry but nobody outside of Colorado knows who the hell Dave Logan is and once they found out that he's only coached high school it they would tune out everything else he has to say. Embree has at least coached in the BigXII, Pac 10 and the NFL. Worlds apart.

I didn't play division 1 football, but I can tell you that when I played college athletics that the background of the coach mattered FAR less to me than what the school I played at was offering and who they had on the team. You can't on one hand talk about how CU is one of the top 20 winningest programs in the history of football, has won a national championship (Something that only USC will be able to claim in the PAC-12, barring someone giving Cal weird press NCs in the 20s/30s), and has one of the most beautiful campuses in the country and then say that Logan will be hamstrung because he coached HS not college. "Oh sorry I never coached college football, I only played in the NFL for 9 years and won multiple high school championships, as well as am the announcer for the Denver Broncos, and have tons of connections in the NFL"

Why are we still talking about Logan? Is he up for the Northern Colorado job? It's not like he was even a candidate for the CU job. Good Buff. I hope he gets a college shot at UNC if that's what he is after.

BCS......is that you?

No need to hide, son.

I stand by hiring Logan as HC.

You sir are a moron. I'll take Em/EB combo any day. They bring so much more college/NFL experience and recruiting ability than Logan could ever dream of. Anybody who thinks Logan deserves a shot at CU HC needs their heads examined.

Is this Joe or IRV?

rumored QB coach, Walt Harris. gonna make this thread the catchall for Staff discusson, sorry DBT :lol:

Titled: WH, the Man who can Fix Pryor...

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/bobsmizik/archive/2009/10/28/walt-harris-and.aspx

I'd support Walt Harris as a QB coach. Think it would be a wonderful hire. Lot of experience and has recruited successful college QB's to Pitt.

And please, can we stop about the Dave Logan talk. The guy isn't going to be on the staff. Please move on.

You are a complete an utter f u c k i n g IDOT to continue talking about Logan being a better hire.

Two names for you my friend - Gerry Faust and Todd Dodge. End of discussion. Logan as TE coach? Fine, even awesome. But please STFU about Logan now.

For the rest of AllBuffs, thank you.

You are a complete an utter f u c k i n g IDOT to continue talking about Logan being a better hire.

Two names for you my friend - Gerry Faust and Todd Dodge. End of discussion. Logan as TE coach? Fine, even awesome. But please STFU about Logan now.

For the rest of AllBuffs, thank you.
:stupid:

HC - Jon Embree
OC - Eric Bieniemy

The next most important hire is for DC.

Brian Cabral or Greg Brown?

Back