What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Stanford experience

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
The game was horrible, but we all knew it was going to be that way. No surprises here. The thing that struck me was how many CU fans were there. There must have been 5-6,000 if not more. It reminded me of what we used to deal with when Nebraska came to town, only in reverse.

The tailgating scene at Stanford is fantastic. They have abundant parking close to the stadium in nicely laid out lots that are great for tossing around a football, playing cornhole, or just setting up a tent and a grill and hanging out.

The typical Stanford "fan" is pretty ambivialent about football. It's not very important to them. It's a diversion, not a passion. I think they view CU fans as kind of weird in that respect.

Back to the number of CU fans for a second. It struck me, about halfway through the third quarter, that this was how we, as fans, can do our part. We just need to keep showing up. Any recruit who came to that game saw a bunch of black and gold in the stands EVEN THOUGH WE SUCK. It's not a secret that our football team is atrocious, but we're still showing up. That sends a very solid message, I think. This is how we do our part. Just show up. We don't have to like what we see on the football field. We don't have to be quiet about our disappointment, but we have to keep showing up.

Anyway - off the soapbox for now. It was a lot of fun. It was great to catch up with Abs, Digi, Nik, BuffTuba and a host of others. I'll definitely be going back to a game at Stanford in the future, with hopefully better on-field results.

The game was horrible, but we all knew it was going to be that way. No surprises here. The thing that struck me was how many CU fans were there. There must have been 5-6,000 if not more. It reminded me of what we used to deal with when Nebraska came to town, only in reverse.

The tailgating scene at Stanford is fantastic. They have abundant parking close to the stadium in nicely laid out lots that are great for tossing around a football, playing cornhole, or just setting up a tent and a grill and hanging out.

The typical Stanford "fan" is pretty ambivialent about football. It's not very important to them. It's a diversion, not a passion. I think they view CU fans as kind of weird in that respect.

Back to the number of CU fans for a second. It struck me, about halfway through the third quarter, that this was how we, as fans, can do our part. We just need to keep showing up. Any recruit who came to that game saw a bunch of black and gold in the stands EVEN THOUGH WE SUCK. It's not a secret that our football team is atrocious, but we're still showing up. That sends a very solid message, I think. This is how we do our part. Just show up. We don't have to like what we see on the football field. We don't have to be quiet about our disappointment, but we have to keep showing up.

Anyway - off the soapbox for now. It was a lot of fun. It was great to catch up with Abs, Digi, Nik, BuffTuba and a host of others. I'll definitely be going back to a game at Stanford in the future, with hopefully better on-field results.

Only bad experience of the whole day was as the band was leaving. Some idot in the parking lot threw his beer at us as we marched past. He justified it saying it was home brew. Otherwise the fans were great. The stadium is a little boring in terms of a game day atmosphere, but not a bad stadium at all. Overall a good place to go and watch a football game.

They have abundant parking close to the stadium in nicely laid out lots that are great for tossing around a football, playing cornhole, or just setting up a tent and a grill and hanging out.

so you played some cornhole with Elin Woods? nice.

Back