What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Sweet 16 Thread

hokiehead

Discussing music so others might think I'm human
Club Member
4 Buff opponents playing Thursday: Baylor, Dayton, UCLA and Arizona. Are we filled with conference pride, rooting for the Pac-12 guys, or does hatred of Bruins and Chards drive you the other direction.

I have Wisconsin, Florida and Arizona winning these games in my bracket and will stick by those picks. I haven't read up on the Dayton/Stanford matchup.

Tomorrow has some really interesting games. I hate Iowa State, but I think they'll beat UConn. I'll root for any B1G over any $EC team, but like Michigan here regardless. UVA/MSU -- I hope that's everything it's built up to be.

Epic fail: posted to wrong board. Mods, can you move it?

You hate Iowa State? We had been in the same conference with them for forever and I don't think I ever hated them. **** Clete Blakeman though.

I do. I lived in Des Moines for four years while a family member that I detest got two degrees from ISU. Unfortunately, a very good buddy of mine is Cyclone alumni so I have to rein it in -- I actually meant to post a query here and try to get some trash talking points from you old-school Big 8 guys.

You hate Iowa State?

I do. I lived in Des Moines for four years while a family member that I detest got two degrees from ISU. Unfortunately, a very good buddy of mine is Cyclone alumni so I have to rein it in -- I actually meant to post a query here and try to get some trash talking points from you old-school Big 8 guys.

When you see their mascot ask the nearest Cyclone fan if that is a hawkeye. That seems to rile up the ones I know. I have a story about an ISU fan that I'll have to tell at a sackygate sometime. I think DelPizzo knows it too.

In order:
**** Baylor
Bracket
Conference

My take, in order
**** Baylor
**** B1G
**** SEC
(= Go SDSU!, go Louisville)
Go Iowa State
Go UCLA
Go Furd
**** UCONN
Yawn Virginia, Dayton
Bracket (Florida over Dick *****)

Looks like the Stanford we've all come to know over the last 6 years thus far

Yep.

Dayton is playing like they want it more. I love Stanford's triangle offense. If they'd play some defense and rebounded like it mattered they would be so good.

rachel nichols to Archie Miller: "your team isn't very athletic'. Remarkable ignorance, and she's fat.

I missed that. Was she watching the same team I was? They were damn quick to the ball and very quick on those 2nd jumps to grab rebounds against bigger opponents (Dre style). I was impressed with their athleticism. Reminded me a bit of the VCU team that went deep several years ago.

I missed that. Was she watching the same team I was? They were damn quick to the ball and very quick on those 2nd jumps to grab rebounds against bigger opponents (Dre style). I was impressed with their athleticism. Reminded me a bit of the VCU team that went deep several years ago.

Right? She was interviewing Archie after the game, and said that while they weren't very athletic, they were very hard working. Archie handled it very well.

Nike Johnson did pretty much nothing and zona still wins. Impressive.

Zona vs. Wisky would be a good game

:rock:

Been since '84 since the Flyers have been to the Elite 8.

Archie will forever be the little squirt on NCSU annoying the **** out of opponents with his timely 3's (I like the guy). Amazing what this tournament can do. Archie was taking a lot of heat last year (and this year in January). He's been averaging 3 less wins per season than Dayton was previously. Now, he's been mentioned for big jobs and took a hefty contract extension.

Back