What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The things are awful defense is going to destroy CU.

BlackNGold

Club Member
CU has been perceived for years as a top football program. That is why CU gets on National TV so often.

But now Hawkins, Bohn and Bagdad Bob (Neill Woelk) are trying to paint a picture that CU is an awful school for athletics especially football...this is for Bohn and Hawkins to justify their poor results. If CU is a place where it is impossible to succeed then they are not accountable for the poor results.

This is a very dangerous approach, if that perception is established it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Look at Baylor as an example - once a defeatist perception invades an organization it is difficult to sweep out.

The propaganda this week:

This week Hawkins states that the program was burned to the ground.

Today Hawkins states that CU is like KSU pre Bill Snyder.

Yesterday Neill Woelk says that CU is a coach-killer job.

As people who are passionate about CU athletics we cannot either accept this or allow these statements to go unchallenged. People challenging Hawkins forced him to take back his burned to the ground comment.

I admire CJ for saying that he will never accept the premise that CU cannot be a great football program.

CU has been perceived for years as a top football program. That is why CU gets on National TV so often.

But now Hawkins, Bohn and Bagdad Bob (Neill Woelk) are trying to paint a picture that CU is an awful school for athletics especially football...this is for Bohn and Hawkins to justify their poor results. If CU is a place where it is impossible to succeed then they are not accountable for the poor results.

This is a very dangerous approach, if that perception is established it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Look at Baylor as an example - once a defeatist perception invades an organization it is difficult to sweep out.

As people who are passionate about CU athletics we cannot either accept this or allow these statements to go unchallenged. People challenging Hawkins forced him to take back his burned to the ground comment.

I admire CJ for saying that he will never accept the premise that CU cannot be a great football program.

:wow::sad2::bang::pissed3:

This is complete and utter bull****.

Where was this said?

The perception those guys are actually trying to foster is foolish. It neither excuses hawkins' and bohns' sub-mediocrity or helps generate any hope or potential momentum for the future.

OK, what did Hawkins say, exactly? What is the direct quote? I"m not saying he didn't. But I also have been following internet stuff for years and years and know that what is posted on boards and what really happened can often be a misinturpretation of reality.

I read one post where "Hawkins takes responsibility" and another where he says "we are like K-State, pre Snyder." I'm really confused here. :lol:

Last edited:
OK, what did Hawkins say, exactly? What is the direct quote? I"m not saying he didn't. But I also have been following internet stuff for years and years and know that what is posted on boards and what really happened can often be a misinturpretation of reality.

I read one post where "Hawkins takes responsibility" and another where he says "we are like K-State, pre Snyder." I'm really confused always. :lol:

He said it on the Gil Whitely radio show at noon today.. I heard it first hand.

Hawkins NEVER took responsibility for anything he simply said he was sorry for his remarks since they offended so many former players, alumni and fans.

CU is like KSU pre Bill Snyder huh?

KSU didn't win a single one of its 27 games before Snyder took over.

This is analogous to CU... how?

It's already happening. I've got a couple of very close friends at Nike and CU is already losing out on some of the promotions and endorsement perks that Nike provides to programs because of the perception that's being garnered. The commitment to losing certainly doesn't help either.

Black N Gold, you nailed it again. Good post. I am so disappointed to see an administration perfectly willing for our program's proud history to be stomped on. Pretty sad.

no. we are destroying CU football. Not the administration! Everything they do is perfect!

Back