What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The tight ends

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
We really need these guys to step up this year with our issues at WR. I'm particularly interested in seeing how Deehan does. If we are going to have success in the passing game this year, at least one of these guys has to get about 25-30 catches.

Agreed, Lockridge to the slot. And hope Thornton is a big time player.

the TE position has been a mystery to me in the Hawk era. Geer makes plays all day in Year 1 win over ISU and doesn't see the ball for the next 3 weeks.

the TE position has been a mystery to me in the Hawk era. Geer makes plays all day in Year 1 win over ISU and doesn't see the ball for the next 3 weeks.

No doubt. The huge catch Geer had at the start of the NU game last season got me out of the seat a little bit. I kept thinking where the hell has that been all season? I looked it up and Geer basically had the same amount of catches in his freshman year as he has had in his sophomore/junior seasons combined. Very strange.

No doubt. The huge catch Geer had at the start of the NU game last season got me out of the seat a little bit. I kept thinking where the hell has that been all season? I looked it up and Geer basically had the same amount of catches in his freshman year as he has had in his sophomore/junior seasons combined. Very strange.

i guess the easy answers are 1. blame Helfrich or 2. had to keep the TE's in for pass protection (what little there was of it).

but, i don't get it. i have in my mind a pretty solid correlation between Buff W's and the TE getting touches the last 3 seasons.

Agreed with Geer, but he was also injured for some of his sophomore or junior years, I can't remember.

Mick is right as well, but I'd also like to add that throwing to the TE usually requires a taller QB or better passing lanes to go over the middle.

With the hope that we go to a more run-oriented team then it should open up a lot of opportunities for the TEs. It'll keep the LBs on their toes as they have to quickly determine if the TEs are blocking or going out for a pass. Given that we are having problems at depth at WR the TEs are going to determine whether we win 10 (or come close to it) or not, imo.

Back