What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Washington State game will be a "brick game"

Wins against a terrible CSU team should not count for "bricks" on a wall of meaningful wins- I don't care if Mick Tingelhoff is coaching the team.

Putting a brick up because it was Embree's first win and for that reason alone makes it sound like he is more important than the team. Colorado beat Colorado State in 2010, 2008, 2007 --- should all of those games get bricks too?? **** no.
You keep bringing up Hawkins wins. HE ****ING PAINTED OVER THE BRICKS! There were no bricks. When the program is at the bottom of the barrel for BCS teams, and it's your first win with a new HC, it deserves a brick. Different times call for different requirements for bricks.

Wins against a terrible CSU team should not count for "bricks" on a wall of meaningful wins- I don't care if Mick Tingelhoff is coaching the team.

Putting a brick up because it was Embree's first win and for that reason alone makes it sound like he is more important than the team. Colorado beat Colorado State in 2010, 2008, 2007 --- should all of those games get bricks too?? **** no.

So clearly you have different understanding of "unique situation" with embree. Like I said, it's fine. But mocking it is just silly and ridiculous.

If that's the case -- why publicize it??

it is a team-building exercise, and it touches on the tradition of the program. this type of stuff is good for fund-raising because it inspires the faithful (well, the faithful that probably doesn't include self-loathing closet sooner fans).

that is all.

I love that we fans get to judge the brick game. I think Embo and staff have a much better feeling of what that entails.

We've had four games this year, all against unranked teams, and yet they've all been designated "brick games." Giving the team so many opportunities dilutes the tradition and promotes the idea that losing is acceptable.

We've had four games this year, all against unranked teams, and yet they've all been designated "brick games." Giving the team so many opportunities dilutes the tradition and promotes the idea that losing is acceptable.
How the hell is that sending a message that losing is acceptable? Nice bull**** conclusion.

This is my opinion, as well. Marking this year's CSU game as some kind of Colorado Buffaloes milestone (just because Jon Embree was the head coach) cheapens all those victories that actually were milestone.

How the hell is that sending a message that losing is acceptable? Nice bull**** conclusion.

Embree makes Hawaii a brick game. The team doesn't get the job done but hey it's ok if you go and beat Cal then you get a brick. Again nothing but it's all good Embree says just take down the mighty Rams and the bricks come back. Giving second and even third chances sends the wrong message, get it?

This is my opinion, as well. Marking this year's CSU game as some kind of Colorado Buffaloes milestone (just because Jon Embree was the head coach) cheapens all those victories that actually were milestone.
Once again, different times call for different requirements. We've been **** for 5 years and 7 games for the most part. I suppose you know better than Beerme and CO do though.

Once again, different times call for different requirements. We've been **** for 5 years and 7 games for the most part. I suppose you know better than Beerme and CO do though.

So what you're saying is that it is ok to lower expectations, ok to have lower goals, etc.

That's fine with me. Probably more in line with where this football program is right now.

Embree makes Hawaii a brick game. The team doesn't get the job done but hey it's ok if you go and beat Cal then you get a brick. Again nothing but it's all good Embree says just take down the mighty Rams and the bricks come back. Giving second and even third chances sends the wrong message, get it?

Again who said there should be only 1 brick game in this season? Embree already said there will be 8 games and what if he already included CSU game?

I mean idk but he apparently knows better than us.

How in the world did the Cal game qualify as a brick game? Actually, I'm wondering how any these first 4 games have qualified as a brick game, but especially the Cal game.

The reason that there are so many brick games this year is be Embo was a) trying to regain tradition b) tie the players who were left behind (current players) in the massacre back to the school c) show them that they count in the tradition of the school and team d) provide motivation

That is why there are so many games. Embo doesn't want the whole season to drag out without getting the bricks back. It would massacre morale.

I expect that definition of brick game will be more strict next season

The reason that there are so many brick games this year is be Embo was a) trying to regain tradition b) tie the players who were left behind (current players) in the massacre back to the school c) show them that they count in the tradition of the school and team d) provide motivation

That is why there are so many games. Embo doesn't want the whole season to drag out without getting the bricks back. It would massacre morale.

Thank you, well put.

/thread

Jesus H. Why are people so fired up about the GD bricks? Unless you're name is Fla Buff or Wyo Buff, shut your ****ing mouth.

Don't ask me man. I still have NO memory of any "brick" tradition. I'm starting to worry about my sanity as well although there have been questions regarding that topic since I was just a wee lad on the high plains of Wyoming. Ask FLA, he may remember. At this point I'm just glad I'm a decade past taking the Bar Exam.

Don't ask me man. I still have NO memory of any "brick" tradition. I'm starting to worry about my sanity as well although there have been questions regarding that topic since I was just a wee lad on the high plains of Wyoming. Ask FLA, he may remember. At this point I'm just glad I'm a decade past taking the Bar Exam.
3906215737_ccda1d374a.jpg

So how's that strategy working out so far? And you really think that a D-1 college football team made up of a bunch of 20 year old muscle-heads would have their "morale massacred" if they didn't get a laminated piece of paper that says that they beat CSU on it?

So how's that strategy working out so far? And you really think that a D-1 college football team made up of a bunch of 20 year old muscle-heads would have their "morale massacred" if they didn't get a laminated piece of paper that says that they beat CSU on it?
You are a 100% certified twatwaffle.

I find the notion that adherence to these sorts of traditions has much to do with winning to be rather far-fetched.

Back