What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The yellow belly spineless liar thread

buffaholic

Club Member
Club Member
I for one would like to "call out" all of those purported "insiders" who claimed to be in the know that this team wasn't behind the coaching staff, it's time to fess up and admit you made it all up.

Who were the posters with the inside knowledge that the team was fed up with Hawkins and were quitting on the staff? Outplaying the other team in the trenches and falling short at the hands of a talented QB/WR duo and a couple bad special team plays in Austin shows this to be garbage.

There's been some good debate. Everyone gets an opinion.

But several posters here flat out made stuff up and reported it as "insider facts". I bit my tongue.

Most of those reports stating that they've given up on Hawkins also state that they are playing for each other right now.

They may think Hawkins a joke, but they still believe in each other.

Just sayin some of them may be right, some of them may be wrong. Everyone also slips their own agenda into coloring their posts.

I'm sure there's some truth that they think Hawkins is a joke, but that doesn't mean they give up on the season!

Outplaying the other team in the trenches leads to a bit of a better running game than we had yesterday.

That said, I don't think the team has given up on hawk.

And yeah, the D played like men last night.

I dont think the team has given up, or quite on Hawkins....but I do think that there might be some doubt with his coaching/decision making among the players...

There is a lot of info coming out of Boulder that goes both ways. I've heard many kids are upset, then I hear the team is solidly behind Hawk and staff.

I for one would like to "call out" all of those purported "insiders" who claimed to be in the know that this team wasn't behind the coaching staff, it's time to fess up and admit you made it all up.

Who were the posters with the inside knowledge that the team was fed up with Hawkins and were quitting on the staff? Outplaying the other team in the trenches and falling short at the hands of a talented QB/WR duo and a couple bad special team plays in Austin shows this to be garbage.

But several posters here flat out made stuff up and reported it as "insider facts". I bit my tongue.

Don't think this game proves your point one way or another. The players have pride and will do their best every game reguardless of how they feel about the coaches.

By the way, I have railed against those types posts everytime. just don't agree with logic.

players having pride but being fed up and "given up on their coaches NEVER translates to anything close to real effort. You can have pride, but when it comes to getting up to the emotional level you need to compete in football, you fall FLAT. Been there.

This team is still together with the coaches and anyone who states they have "inside info" to the contrary is a bs-er.

Valdez - the contrary info "coming out of Boulder" isn't coming from the team. Check sources. Actually, you can see it in the effort. That effort was way more than you see when there is team pride but a player revolt. Revolts ALWAYS end up looking like 70-3.

Valdez - the contrary info "coming out of Boulder" isn't coming from the team. Check sources. Actually, you can see it in the effort. That effort was way more than you see when there is team pride but a player revolt. Revolts ALWAYS end up looking like 70-3.
You know what I'm talking about when I say it's coming out of Boulder. I guess I should be more specific. My sources are pretty solid.

And I've never questioned the teams effort or character. Even if I did hear about a revolt, I wouldn't post it here, or any other board.

players having pride but being fed up and "given up on their coaches NEVER translates to anything close to real effort. You can have pride, but when it comes to getting up to the emotional level you need to compete in football, you fall FLAT. Been there.

This team is still together with the coaches and anyone who states they have "inside info" to the contrary is a bs-er.

No sorry I don't buy it.

The players can only control their play on the field. Unless the team has given up they will play as hard as they can. Players have a short time in Collage football, so most will do all they can with what they are given. To suggest anything less is calling into doubt their charactor.

I'm a yellow belly spineless liar because I posted that I have talked to several players on the football team who said they don't trust Hawk and many of their teammates agreed?

That happened. Maybe they lied when talking to me, but I doubt that.

I'll trust my source that is friends with several current and former players. He tells me there is a big rift within the team with many players not supporting the coaches decisions.

I've never actually posted that... but....

I take the stance that I know for a fact that every bit of sediment is probably true. So I stand in defense of those who HAVE FRIENDS THAT PLAY ON THE TEAM!!!!!

Because I do myself, and know that Squawkins is not a favorite.

It will also be shown at the end of the semester when multiple players part ways with the program.

Last edited:
According to B.G. Brooks, and I admit he works for the school, the team is together and behind the staff. FWIW.

According to B.G. Brooks, and I admit he works for the school, the team is together and behind the staff. FWIW.

And probably according to Bohn and D. Hawkins as well. No one wants the public to know that there are problems such as these. I suppose, "We'll see" at the end of the season.

Ehhhh, im certainly not a liar nor am I an inside source. I've been on Buff boards as long as anyone and Ive never posted anything "inside" or not factual. Ever. Not my m.o. That being said, I can tell you for a fact SOME players dont like DH AT ALL. Rembember how I was the most supportive and passionate defender of Hawkins (along with others)? And that suddenly changed? I didnt suddenly stop liking him or thinking that he has a chance to turn around, I talked to friends on the team.
That being said, I think its far from a revolt. FAR. They want to win, they do what the coach's say, they believe in their position coach's, and they want to win worse than we want them to. A revolt is a whole different animal.
I'd also like to add this is a VERY small minority of players that I know, I certainly dont know the pulse of the team. I don't know them/have never spoken to them.

GO BUFFS

B.G. Brooks... and Ringo for that matter... would tell us that Hawkins is the second coming and that they wear women's clothes while they write their articles, if Plati told them to.

Ehhhh, im certainly not a liar nor am I an inside source. I've been on Buff boards as long as anyone and Ive never posted anything "inside" or not factual. Ever. Not my m.o. That being said, I can tell you for a fact SOME players dont like DH AT ALL. Rembember how I was the most supportive and passionate defender of Hawkins (along with others)? And that suddenly changed? I didnt suddenly stop liking him or thinking that he has a chance to turn around, I talked to friends on the team.
That being said, I think its far from a revolt. FAR. They want to win, they do what the coach's say, they believe in their position coach's, and they want to win worse than we want them to. A revolt is a whole different animal.
I'd also like to add this is a VERY small minority of players that I know, I certainly dont know the pulse of the team. I don't know them/have never spoken to them.

GO BUFFS

More than "some" is the consensus I'm getting, but I do agree that a revolt is not going to happen. The players are here to play football and they will do that. It doesn't mean they will fully support their coach and his methods/whatever.

You're right Buffaholic, that performance (where we lost by 24 points, btw) proves that everyone on the team is behind the coaching staff. We fought hard. It was nice to see for a change. But if your logic is correct (i.e., fighting hard means the team is behind the staff) then doesn't the inverse have to be true as well (i.e., this team was in full mutiny mode against Toledo)? Somehow I doubt the players miraculously rallied around Coach Hawk between the Toledo game, where they had virtually no fight in them, and the Texas game.

Back