What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Things are getting ugly in Eugene - broken off from personnel thread

@JeffEisenberg: Oregon president confirms Damyean Dotson, Dominic Artis and Brandon Austin "will not be playing basketball at Oregon again."

*Sigh* miss him

Meanwhile...

Howell: "I'll have to get back to you on that."

This...Howell seems like a nice guy but that's about all the positivity I have for him.

Glad to see the national writers are not letting this thing slide

"Altman has maintained that he wants to establish a more stable regime built around high school players, but the actions seem to speak otherwise. Here’s a staggering statistic: He has signed 12 high school players in his four seasons at Oregon. If Artis and Dotson are gone, only one of the 12 has made it past his sophomore year there."

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/pac12...serious-questions-for-dana-altman-and-oregon/

Makes you wonder what sort of "win now" promises he had to make to Knight to get the job.

Pictures from Altman's presser. Black everywhere and not a swoosh to be seen.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...sf/2014/05/canzano_its_a_cover-up_at_the.html

That can be fixed.
y8y3yrem.jpg

it doesnt look like the newspaper in portland is going to let up on this. It could bring down altman if the bad press keeps up.

That's... so sleazy. No release? No formal discovery and discussion prior to handing over the records? Not even work comp lawyers get access to that kind of information that easily (and in work comp all relevant medical records are presumed discoverable).

There's a part of me that respects the University for aggressively defending it's athletic department. I mean, I wish we had that kind of attitude in 2002. But, yeah... that's just bad. There's a line, and UO seems to have crossed it.

I just don't understand how there has been almost no PR, media, or recruiting blowback from this situation.

Oregon should hire away Phil DiStefano to put some controls in place.

Back