What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Things that piss me off that we hopefully won't see this year

any home game where the final score results in us losing something like 17-6 or 14-10. I am sick of having an inept offense show up when the defense is doing everything in its power to keep us in it. That type of game has happened at least once a year, if not more, since Hawk has joined up.

I believe the absence of Hi-Tech Helfrich will help immensely in avoiding such breakdowns. Even the players have said that when things got jammed up on offense that HTH had no Plan_B!

I think Kiesau will be a huge improvement!

rushing 3 and going cover 3 against spread teams, allowing them to pick us apart at the seams :bang:

AAAIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!

Yes. I had purged that particularly unpleasant memory from my mind. Thanks for reminding me.

asshole.

Running play action on 3rd and 17 - who the F does that actually fool??

I agree! We've been doing those since the Barnett days. What are the odds of converting one of those play action or delayed draw plays when it's 3rd and real long? even on playstation that is a bad play call. WTF. Maybe it has to do with the inherent lack of actual receiving threats...hopefully that will be less of a problem this year and not a problem at all next year!!

Try 4th and long! Vince Okruch refused to blitz the Badger QB and the kid had ten seconds to find WRs who were open on two separate 4th downs with 15+ yds. to go!

Damned VO!

Yes, that was a preview of how bad the next season was going to be on defense.

That 2003 year will live with me forever.. It was so pathetic it became a joke around here..:lol: I used the blue helmet from the Fairbanks years as my avatar just to celebrate Vince's greatness as a DC that year.. :lol:

I have a good chance at remaining sane if we don't see:

-Cody scramble 20 yards backwards to ensure a safety
-missed FGs inside 45 yards
-getting cute inside the 5 yard line (reverses)
-no dropped passes on should-be TD receptions (J Fly @ A&M, Celestine/P. Williams @ Arizona St., etc)
-> 30 man games lost to injury
-(already mentioned) Play action on 3rd and long
-opposing team makes an impossible FG attempt to win game

Last edited:
Back