What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This could bode ill...

BlackNGold

Club Member
I don't know how this season will play out but it does not look good. I don't see Hawkins getting fired. Bohn will start a support campaign, have guys like Mac say they support Hawkins and fans have to be patient. If the season turns out as bad as I think (4 wins) I see the recruiting class being way down meaning Hawkins will be back next year and and the overall talent will not be significantly improved.

Hawkins is not someone who can coach his players up nor can he and his staff develop the players they have. Ryan Miller was a 5 Star recruit and looks very ordinary at guard. Scott has been talked about endlessly. I read the claims now about the talent issues but where is CSU getting their talent. They are taking the 2 star players and getting the most out of them.

I have never liked Hawkins approach of no emotion - if you play football without emotion you get your head ripped off and that is happening.

Just not a good situation at all. Four wins might be generous at this point. Next week is a must win. Otherwise, we could very well start out 0-6.

he's toast, man.

we can rail all we want, but there is no way they keep this staff. it is just a question of whether they do it now or at the end of the year.

he's done.

I don't think Hawk is going to be gone either even if we win 2 games.

I see Bohn forcing coaching changes before he cuts the cord.

Next weekend is the best chance for CU to get a win this season.

Hansen will probably play -- i can't imagine Hawkins will play after taking that hit to the head -- and spark the offense.

Then the Buffs will lose 9 games in a row.

I don't think Hawk is going to be gone either even if we win 2 games.

I see Bohn forcing coaching changes before he cuts the cord.

Jimmy you are probably right. They will fire some assistants and do some cosmetics and I predict take the program further down.

Jimmy you are probably right. They will fire some assistants and do some cosmetics and I predict take the program further down.

nope. too late for that. if that was going to happen, it would have happened last year. he's done. watch and see. it is just a matter of timing. i have no inside info--- just speculating.

Not sure if it will necessarily take the program down further.. It might give it the jumpstart it needs.

Hawk needs some more aggressive recruiters in the program.. Hawk has done a good job cleaning up the mess left over from Barney, but he needs some talent in here. They have some talent, but not nearly enough at the skill positions and on defense to be a consistent program.

It isn't hard to get a program to a .500 record. What is difficult is building on that and taking it to the next level. Hawk is going to have a bad year. I'm pissed about it, but I just think its just part of rebuilding the program. Players haven't developed as fast as I hoped and we don't have a strong clas of upperclassmen to carry us right now..

He needs folks on his staff who know what the **** they're doing in both recruiting AND actually playing football. Right now, only Cabral fits those requirements.

Back