What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

this could have been a great season

i've been done with moral victories for over a decade. win. for reals.

If we finish 4-9, the spin will be interesting.
Not really, the spin is too predictable. "Won twice as many as last year," "won a conference game," "continuing improvement," "If only we'd beat Hawaii everything would have been different." Not just spin either, but seems like spin given preseason expectations.

The eyeball test still says that we are a painfully awful team to watch - I can't really in good faith talk about being encouraged by the progress because I'm not. I won't be happy until we feel like a legitimate competitive D1 program again and we are just not there. Said differently - it still is not fun to be a Buffs fan. It's just varying degrees of pain.

The eyeball test still says that we are a painfully awful team to watch - I can't really in good faith talk about being encouraged by the progress because I'm not. I won't be happy until we feel like a legitimate competitive D1 program again and we are just not there. Said differently - it still is not fun to be a Buffs fan. It's just varying degrees of pain.

I can see that. Until they take that next step of beating a ranked team or rolling a team with a pulse, it's hard to get too excited. Within that, I'm personally having more fun. It's not great, but is sure as sh!t is better than knowing the Buffs were going to get rolled by any team with a pulse.

The part that sucks the most is that we need to win 7 for a bowl...only because of Hawaii. If we hadn't played them, like we never should on the island, we'd only need 6. FRUSTRATING!!!

That and our offense has taken a gross step backward from last year.

Let's look at the facts:

1) loss to Hawaii...ok we weren't ready, but why not? this was a gimme
2) loss to oregon....should have won but we couldn't contain Royce Freeman. Led most of the game IIRC.
3) loss to AZ...leading by 7 in the fourth and couldn't contain a backup QB.

do the math...even with 2 of those as wins, we'd be 6-2 right now with a deserved loss at ASU and one let down.

Sad to think that 7-1 at this point is not that far out of the equation. Maybe CU really is getting better, they just need to learn how to step on the opponents throats. The loss at Hawaii was purely due to inadequate preparation. Oregon and AZ both were because CU couldn't add to their leads when it mattered most.

This season could have been MUCH different.

The problem with these arguments each and every time is much like the problem with 'Tini and prediction threads: you take a loss, whether close or not, twist it into an "almost" or a push, and then twist that "almost" or "push" further into a "win"; this is all fine, except you haven't considered that this is indeed a double-edged sword.

If I'm not being specific or clear enough for you, a motivated party could go through our list of wins and rationalize them into a "barely won" and then in turn into a "loss" in precisely the same spirit as what you've done, just like you can go through a schedule for the upcoming year in the summertime, take every game in which we're objectively outgunned and first turn it into an "almost equal match" and then turn that into a predicted win. Nevermind the fact that teams don't win every single push, even when you've assigned "push" status appropriately...

No thanks.

The problem with these arguments each and every time is much like the problem with 'Tini and prediction threads: you take a loss, whether close or not, twist it into an "almost" or a push, and then twist that "almost" or "push" further into a "win"; this is all fine, except you haven't considered that this is indeed a double-edged sword.

If I'm not being specific or clear enough for you, a motivated party could go through our list of wins and rationalize them into a "barely won" and then in turn into a "loss" in precisely the same spirit as what you've done, just like you can go through a schedule for the upcoming year in the summertime, take every game in which we're objectively outgunned and first turn it into an "almost equal match" and then turn that into a predicted win. Nevermind the fact that teams don't win every single push, even when you've assigned "push" status appropriately...

No thanks.
You can't twist UMass or Nichols into losses. But who cares about those wins.

I agree with the "retroactive upgrade to win" concern. My problem is with the claims that the Buffs 'could have 7 wins' if only things had gone slightly different with Hawaii, AZ and OR. Same last year, I still hear that we should /could have beat ASU, although we lost by 2 TDs. I'm afraid that 'coming close' for the Buffs has sometimes been more of a function of opponents taking us lightly. When they realize mid- to - late in the game that there's a risk if losing, they turn things up a notch and pull out the win. This for OR and AZ, of course Hawaii was just a sad Buff performance for whatever reason.

I won't sell the Buffs short in OT games though - whatever the opponent mindset, if we play to a tie, it's a toss-up and we very well could have won those games last year.

I will get really bored if this board becomes all about the Pope in the offseason!

FWIW, the interwebz googletron offers surprisingly few blessings when it comes to images of pontiff cosplay.
All+Saints+2010+045.JPG

Thanks for sharing, quality is a priority over quantity for this topic.

The protocol in this thread apparently involves bashing CU and then surfing Internet pr0n.

It's a privilege to play even a limited part in this time honored Allbuffs tradition.

If we can find a way to win two additional games and get to 6 wins, which is a challenging proposition no doubt, we can appeal to go bowling with 6 wins I believe? If the conference does not object to that? This because we played 13 games.

If that is the case, I think we should go if we get to 6 wins and hook a bid to a bowl. Many benefits should we achieve that opportunity. However, no doubt we will be an underdog in all of our remaining games.

It can still be special, injuries are a problem but ya never know. These guys have to be feeling good getting a road win. Stranger things have happened, hope they do in this case.

Can someone direct me to the definitive "complain about Sefo" thread? Not here frequently enough to know where to find it, but I'm sure there must be one.

@BuffUp whats your point? We played our schedule and beat the **** out of two weak teams like we were supposed to. Nobody is using the UMass and/or Nicholls wins to show major progress.

Who is HBU, and how do we get them on our schedule?.
Houston Baptist University. And reviewing their schedule brings to light some even better options - Bethany College (steamrolled by HBU 51-7) and College of Faith (crushed by HBU 65-0). With these guys around, there's no excuse for the Buffs to lose an OOC game.

Back