What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This is not good

Talkins, Sqwalkins, Hack, Juicebox, Danny, etc. I'm getting so sick of all of this junior high name calling ****. You people, honestly, sound like 11 year olds. Even worse, 11 year old little girls.

Sorry that you chose to ignore the vast majority of posts in this thread. Sorry you chose to ignore the overall point of this thread. But then you are all about throwing insults around with everyone else even as you pretend to be above the fray.

You can continue to ignore the overall point of this thread or you can continue to drag down the discourse like those you so often bash. We all know which path you will choose.

I don't agree with a lot of DBT's posts, in fact, many of his new threads seem pointless. But I agree with him on this.

Sorry that you chose to ignore the vast majority of posts in this thread. Sorry you chose to ignore the overall point of this thread. But then you are all about throwing insults around with everyone else even as you pretend to be above the fray.

You can continue to ignore the overall point of this thread or you can continue to drag down the discourse like those you so often bash. We all know which path you will choose.

Boulder is correct, DBT. As I mentioned above, some of us (including you) need to pull our heads out of the sand (or wherever said heads currently reside...:smile2:

I don't agree with a lot of DBT's posts, in fact, many of his new threads seem pointless. But I agree with him on this.

:yeahthat:

And DBT, you also forgot "Hackins". Another clever little gem... :rolling_eyes:

The point of the thread is a good one. It's not only passionate fans who notice the lack of urgency combined with excellent performance on the field of play, but the general population sees it, too.

The slide into irrelevancy is progressing. This slide is infuriating. As fans and alums and even members of the media, our voices have been rendered inconsequential by the HC and the administration.

In my opinion, the coach is part of the problem, but the broader issue of owing up to the lack of success in over the past decade resides with the university leadership and regents.

(notice how it's possible to be upset without throwing around diminutive personal insults?)

Talkins, Sqwalkins, Hack, Juicebox, Danny, etc. I'm getting so sick of all of this junior high name calling ****. You people, honestly, sound like 11 year olds. Even worse, 11 year old little girls.

You forgot "Coach".

You damned well know, if you've paid attention, that I was thrwoing that "dickwad" and "douchebag" stuff around as a joke. But I've stopped using those terms long ago since guys like you keep throwing it in my face as if I was serious. I no longer use those terms other than, maybe once or twice, as an obvious poke of fun at myself. But all the name calling toward Hawkins is not in jest.

You damned well know, if you've paid attention, that I was thrwoing that "dickwad" and "douchebag" stuff around as a joke. But I've stopped using those terms long ago since guys like you keep throwing it in my face as if I was serious. I no longer use those terms other than, maybe once or twice, as an obvious poke of fun at myself. But all the name calling toward Hawkins is not in jest.

You should damned well know Buffnik was joking around.

You make a valid point about the name-calling, although, who really gives a damn? Perhaps your point is that despite our disdain for Hawkins, we all need to rally around him and hope to hell he gets the team going next year. Is that your primary point?

You make a valid point about the name-calling, although, who really gives a damn? Perhaps your point is that despite our disdain for Hawkins, we all need to rally around him and hope to hell he gets the team going next year. Is that your primary point?

As somebody who generally agrees that Hawkins is a miserable failure as a coach at CU and that the administrations' attitude about the AD is an embarassment that this article only brings more attention to, I'll tell you why I agree with DBT on this. It's because those nicknames, over and over and over are just stupid sounding and annoying. What's clever once isn't funny the millionth time...

I guess I should have used a smiley.

Things are getting kind of heated in here.

:lol:

Pretty much. Maybe I don't expect the "rallying around" thing as much as I hate the "taking shots at" thing. It does not serve our program well when even the "fans" are taking shots all the time. That is my point. Listen, I do a lot of what I think is good natured jabbing at you guys. But, really, I mean it, usually, in a good natured sense. But for CU fans on a CU message board to continually put the program down, via Hawkins, serves no good purpose. And I just am getting tired of it.

As somebody who generally agrees that Hawkins is a miserable failure as a coach at CU and that the administrations' attitude about the AD is an embarassment that this article only brings more attention to, I'll tell you why I agree with DBT on this. It's because those nicknames, over and over and over are just stupid sounding and annoying. What's clever once isn't funny the millionth time...

Some of us have a higher tolerance for stupidity (like me, living in BF Texas).

I can't speak for DBT. But from my PoV, we can afford to chill out between now and NLOI. The CU admin has spoken, and no amount of pissing and moaning is going to change anything for the next several weeks.

The other point I'd make is that it's a shame from a personal and social perspective that folks like Chilli, Unleash, BEBG, Blaise, and others no longer choose to contribute. The social value of this very site and the relevancy of Allbuffs takes a hit when we linger too long in the vegitave negative state.

I counted two, maybe three posts in this threads that made fun of Hawkins and called him names. I also saw DBT replying to a reasonable post by saying "shut the **** up".

I agree the name-calling is old, but it was not really an overriding part of this thread. DBT wants everything to sunshine and Skittles around here.

I counted two, maybe three posts in this threads that made fun of Hawkins and called him names. I also saw DBT replying to a reasonable post by saying "shut the **** up".

I agree the name-calling is old, but it was not really an overriding part of this thread. DBT wants everything to sunshine and Skittles around here.

I agree that there is little that can be accomplished by the name-calling and negative bashing. On the other hand, our voice of displeasure needs to be heard. Perhaps there is a better method....

Yeah, I lose it sometimes. Especially after a couple of shots of tequila. Sorry about that. And, no, I don't want "sunshine and Skittles." I want a winning program and am really concerned about the direction we are headed. But continually ripping Hawkins with inane name calling is just getting old. But I am concerned about "win/loss" and recruiting. I still think Hawkins can coach, though.

Can't speak for DBT, but I'm not specifically talking about this thread. I just think the constant little nicknames for Hawkins are moronic at this point. If somebody wants to come up with something original, I'll probably get a laugh out of it until it's beaten into the ground with all the others...

I agree that there is little that can be accomplished by the name-calling and negative bashing. On the other hand, our voice of displeasure needs to be heard. Perhaps there is a better method....

I suspect that CU is reviewing their chartible giving campaign and will be on the edge of their seats when it comes to season ticket renewals. And then there is the attendence at the spring game....

It's pretty clear by what we saw in November that the internet has been a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing, so far as the adminstration is concerned. I also suspect that CU was relieved to only see "200" participants in the blue out. That could have been interpreted as a referendum by the fans that things really weren't that bad.

If anything, all the namecalling does little more than add fodder to the CUAD's perception that the internet doesn't matter because it's just filled with irrational, childish posters.

Maybe two or three in this thread, but every frigging thread has several and it just adds up after a while.

I'm not going to argue with you about the propaganda and dishonesty that was displayed by the admin following the blue out. It was disgusting.

But I also know that the blue out is something that a lot of fans simply would not, could not do at that point in time. Wearing blue "didn't feel right" was a very common opinion among the majority of fans. Part of that reluctance to wear blue in protest is because CU is BnG in victory or defeat.

I am curious to know how many in the "never blue" camp sold their tickets to Nebraska fans, and how that ratio stacks up against the "CU Blues" crowd.

I'm not going to argue with you about the propaganda and dishonesty that was displayed by the admin following the blue out. It was disgusting.

But I also know that the blue out is something that a lot of fans simply would not, could not do at that point in time. Wearing blue "didn't feel right" was a very common opinion among the majority of fans. Part of that reluctance to wear blue in protest is because CU is BnG in victory or defeat.

I am curious to know how many in the "never blue" camp sold their tickets to Nebraska fans, and how that ratio stacks up against the "CU Blues" crowd.
You know, I was not really for the "blue out." But I think it did serve it's purpose, to send a message. My thing is that we need to be careful not to send a message to "the world" that even CU fans are not behind the program. I do know, from speaking with a parent of a player, that the "blue out" was taken as a slap in the face by most of the kids. And I think that is not a good thing.

I do know, from speaking with a parent of a player, that the "blue out" was taken as a slap in the face by most of the kids. And I think that is not a good thing.

That's to be expected when you have the coaching staff and administration lying to the kids about the clearly stated purpose of the blue out. And I agree, it was not a good thing.

I will also never forget that Hawkins tried to drive a wedge between his players and their fan base in order to deflect the heat away from himself.

You know, I was not really for the "blue out." But I think it did serve it's purpose, to send a message. My thing is that we need to be careful not to send a message to "the world" that even CU fans are not behind the program. I do know, from speaking with a parent of a player, that the "blue out" was taken as a slap in the face by most of the kids. And I think that is not a good thing.

I can sympathise with those players and with those parents. The blue out was not a success because the message was not crisp and clear. It meant different things to different people. After the CUAD did their spin job, the message was lost or translated into being anti-student athlete.

IMO, the message of the blue-out needs to be crystal clear. This is the color that CU fans wear when the football team is unable to win four games by November 1st. It represents a clear signal that the team is in jeapardy of turning in one of the bottom 20 performances in the schools's 120 year history. Period.

As soon as it becomes a "fire hawk" message or something politicial, the blue out becomes an exerisize in the lack of fan coordination. And at that point, we end up exactly where we are today. Irrelevent.

I can sympathise with those players and with those parents. The blue out was not a success because the message was not crisp and clear. It meant different things to different people. After the CUAD did their spin job, the message was lost or translated into being anti-student athlete.

IMO, the message of the blue-out needs to be crystal clear. This is the color that CU fans wear when the football team is unable to win four games by November 1st. It represents a clear signal that the team is in jeapardy of turning in one of the bottom 20 performances in the schools's 120 year history. Period.

As soon as it becomes a "fire hawk" message or something politicial, the blue out becomes an exerisize in the lack of fan coordination. And at that point, we end up exactly where we are today. Irrelevent.

I kind of disagree. I really feel pretty certain that the AD feels the pressure. The "Blue Out" was part of that. I think that this feeling that the "AD just doesn't care" is incorrect. I think they do. I really believe that Hawkins is on a very short leash, as he damned well should be. I may be wrong, but I do believe that. I'd be shocked if Bohn, Hawkins, and even the admin did not want to win.

I kind of disagree. I really feel pretty certain that the AD feels the pressure. The "Blue Out" was part of that. I think that this feeling that the "AD just doesn't care" is incorrect. I think they do. I really believe that Hawkins is on a very short leash, as he damned well should be. I may be wrong, but I do believe that. I'd be shocked if Bohn, Hawkins, and even the admin did not want to win.

My beef isn't so much with the CUAD as it is with the CUB administration and CU system.

I would tend to agree with you that Mike Bohn represents the very opinion and behavior that you expressed. I don't get that same message from DiStephano and Benson and the Regents, who have other priorities on their plate.

My beef isn't so much with the CUAD as it is with the CUB administration and CU system.

I would tend to agree with you that Mike Bohn represents the very opinion and behavior that you expressed. I don't get that same message from DiStephano and Benson and the Regents, who have other priorities on their plate.
Well, their priority is money. And, for CU athletics to continue to be self supporting, the football team and, to a lesser degree, basketball team need to make money. They only way to do that is to win. Therfore, indirectly, the admin probably wants a winner.

Back