What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This start and the Denver sports media

ahoelsken

Given the start we've had, the Bronco dysfunction (and the fact that the Rams are coming into undoubtedly add to it next Sunday), and Rockies season coming to a close today, I'm curious to see what kind of attention this team and this game against USC (the biggest in the Pac 12 era IMO) gets locally, and I thought a thread here to kind of make observations about it this week and moving forward assuming we keep winning.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Rockies are done, but the Avs are back, Nuggets are back real soon and the Broncos are the Broncos, no matter how bad or good they are.

The USC game not being in Boulder doesn't help there, either.

Altitude radio will talk a little buffs this week. The Fan will not speak their name despite being littered with former players.

Altitude radio will talk a little buffs this week. The Fan will not speak their name despite being littered with former players.

Schlereth and Evans have Klatt on weekly during football season (Wednesdays at 8am MT)-I think Klatt's takes on the Broncos are insightful, and he does a great job with the draft. They'll talk CU with him (did a fair amount of that leading up to the glorious win in Lincoln), and given Joel might be on the call Saturday night............it might be the focus.

I will hear some. Vic Lombardi goes to lots of games, and James Merilatt likes to talk about em... but frankly no one local really knows anything about the team.

There was actually an article in The Athletic after the ASU game. I made sure to comment that it was great to see Colorado football content.

Nick Kosmider wrote it.

Schlereth and Evans have Klatt on weekly during football season (Wednesdays at 8am MT)-I think Klatt's takes on the Broncos are insightful, and he does a great job with the draft. They'll talk CU with him (did a fair amount of that leading up to the glorious win in Lincoln), and given Joel might be on the call Saturday night............it might be the focus.
I think Klatt is a pompous fool.

Last night on News 9, the lead sports discussion centered on what a sad weekend it was for Colorado sports, and I think they said “no bright spots” or something along those lines. It would have been a great time to mention that the state’s flagship university was undefeated in football and ranked, but alas...

Odd, he rhought you were a straight shooter with upper management written all over you.
Hmm, just because someone is a Buff doesn’t mean I have to love him. If you’re taking a shot at my career, I’m comfortably retired little guy.

I texted in last week to The fan during Klatt's segment about how that would be a perfect time to talk Buff's.

Evans replied:

"not their time yet. only four games in. too much other stuff going on. They need to be ranked around top ten to become a true Denver sports story. Right now they're a CU story. Not enough to keep avg sports fan interested. Evans"

CU Football is the best Colorado sports story right now IMO.

I gave up on the local media long ago. They don’t give two ****s about the flagship college football program in the state...unless it is controversy or drama. Then they pounce and spout completely ignorant nonsense which just pisses me off more.

I texted in last week to The fan during Klatt's segment about how that would be a perfect time to talk Buff's.

Evans replied:

"not their time yet. only four games in. too much other stuff going on. They need to be ranked around top ten to become a true Denver sports story. Right now they're a CU story. Not enough to keep avg sports fan interested. Evans"

CU Football is the best Colorado sports story right now IMO.

Evans and DMac are 'Cuse homers... they talk more about the orange than the buffs which is totally non-interesting to the avg sports fan around here.

In short, they suck.

Hmm, just because someone is a Buff doesn’t mean I have to love him. If you’re taking a shot at my career, I’m comfortably retired little guy.

The “Office Space” reference was just a little too much for 80, I guess.

Yeah, this. I don’t know your career status, I was referencing the above film. Klatt doesn’t need me to defend him from anonymous message board posters. To quote the Joker, “Why so serious?”

CU wins in Los Angeles this weekend, and they will have no choice. That UW/CU will become a national story. Add into that we have a QB putting up equivalent numbers to the heisman front runners, and a WR with legitimate heisman potential, and the media will HAVE to cover us. Especially with the end of the Rockies seasons and the Broncos being.... well not good.

I don't find the CU coverage on Denver media very great, perhaps there should be an Allbuffs Podcast?

thebobs*xx528-352-62-0.jpg

Things in the local print media have gone so far downhill since CU’s heyday. I was reminded of that reading the AZCentral pre and post game stuff. Back then, there were tons of articles on the Buffs. They would do the “Keys to the Game” article with strengths and weeknesses of each unit of both teams. They would have pick ‘em contests where staff writers and a celebrity of the week would pick college and pro games. The Buffs had top notch, dedicated staff writers and the columnists often wrote about the Buffs. While the Broncos were preeminent, the Buffs were a close second.

Back