What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This stuff just has to make you proud

I still wonder about his recruiting, I was just stating I heard he recruited Salaam. Don't know who else he has recruited. My concerns with Cabral are if he can recruit and what kind of staff he can put together.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these basically the two most important qualitites we are looking for in our next coach - someone who can recruit, and assemble a superior staff? Cabral has done a great job as HC for 2 weeks, but these are two major red flags for me.

I Hasn't Clough been connected with the AD long enough that he knew EB as a player? If so, that could hurt.

ya think? EB was banned from the campus for while if i recall. people change and mature, and Bienemy got his degree.....but that's a bogey right there.

we are still going to be majorly PR conscious about this hire, for better or worse. you want to call it PC, too, fine. but, perception management is what CU is all about these days....even to the point that effects actual academics. image, everything with the new admins.

+rep. And I nominate this guy for Rookie Poster of the Year.

go find the black dynamite thread in the pub and it's one of them trolling....c'mon?

i know now you think: Mick posted in the BD thread, and casts aspersion on the other posters (who are cool enough to get with BD, but not in homo way)....so, maybe it's Mick. but, see it's not Mick because Mick plays glam rock guitar and does wear a cape but not inna blaxploitation parody sort of way. in fact, I'm wearing a cape right now.....miming my own air guitar Velvet Goldmine chords.

Last edited:
go find the black dynamite thread in the pub and it's one of them trolling....c'mon?

i know now you think: Mick posted in the BD thread, and casts aspersion on the other posters (who are cool enough to get with BD, but not in homo way)....so, maybe it's Mick. but, see it's not Mick because Mick plays glam rock guitar and does wear a cape but not inna blaxploitation parody sort of way. in fact, I'm wearing a cape right now.....miming my own air guitar Velvet Goldmine chords.

I'd like to take the credit, but dig, mama, there's no "i" in "revolutio...", in "team."

Ok Cabral on the recruiting front hmmmmmmmmmm lets see now. he has always recruited well and loves CU selling that aspect should not be to hard. Assistant coaches hmmmmmmmmmm what if he offers former NFL player Chad Brown or Alfred Williams or his many contacts he has made in the NFL ? Then there is that freakin well known fact he is a legend in Hawaii who has for years recruited well there and last I checked the NFL is stocked with Polynesian's Dt's and safety's and LB's. Yup His passion for CU and its legit and his loyalty makes him a excellent candidate regardless of how this season plays out.

4 year deal is what I would offer and I honestly believe he takes it and is worth it.

Ok Cabral on the recruiting front hmmmmmmmmmm lets see now. he has always recruited well and loves CU selling that aspect should not be to hard. Assistant coaches hmmmmmmmmmm what if he offers former NFL player Chad Brown or Alfred Williams or his many contacts he has made in the NFL ? Then there is that freakin well known fact he is a legend in Hawaii who has for years recruited well there and last I checked the NFL is stocked with Polynesian's Dt's and safety's and LB's. Yup His passion for CU and its legit and his loyalty makes him a excellent candidate regardless of how this season plays out.

4 year deal is what I would offer and I honestly believe he takes it and is worth it.

Loyalty is nice but it's not how you choose a HC (and the highest paid state employee). Cabral has been here 20+ years, where are all these stud DTs and Safetys he has recruited? Sure he gets some good LBs from the islands occasionally, but I don't see that being an effective recruiting strategy.

And if Alfred Williams or other former Buffs who have no coaching experience are our staff of the future, then lord help us.

Back