What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This Tweet Really Brings It Home

Nice. :huh: The CU administration gave us the death penalty when they decided to ef up the school on those bogus charges and gave us Mike Bohn and Dan Hawkins. Dan Hawkins is the devil Bobby!! They were sent here to destroy to program so that football becomes irrelevant in Boulder. So that fans and alumns get used to losing and stop coming to the games and so that we walk away and stop pressuring them to spend millions on facility upgrades and top coaches.

Go Broncos! Go CU BBall (until the CU admin fuks that up as well)

Nice. :huh: The CU administration gave us the death penalty when they decided to ef up the school on those bogus charges and gave us Mike Bohn and Dan Hawkins. Dan Hawkins is the devil Bobby!! They were sent here to destroy to program so that football becomes irrelevant in Boulder. So that fans and alumns get used to losing and stop coming to the games and so that we walk away and stop pressuring them to spend millions on facility upgrades and top coaches.

Go Broncos! Go CU BBall (until the CU admin fuks that up as well)

This is so true, unfortunately.

Somewhere out there there is a coach that can win and deal with the admissions window. I hope someday we find him.

I wish I didn't agree with BuffWings. Some programs spend as little on their major-conference programs as possible, reaping the entitlement of being in those conferences.

Is this CU Admin's dream model? "We get tens of Pac-12 and TV millions, and never have to field any winners." Until conferences start kicking out members who don't contribute to the kitty, perhaps so...

Even UNLV columnists are piling on. UNLV!!! One of the worst CFB programs of all time.
One positive for UNLV's football team today: At least it's not Colorado. Colorado also fell to an FCS team on Saturday, beaten 30-28 by Sacramento State. The Buffaloes were a three-touchdown favorite. The Rebels were favored by 13, so they can awake today at least knowing they weren't as bad this week as a Pac-12 team. http://www.lvrj.com/sports/unlv-takes-100-steps-back-in-loss-169077266.html

I cannot believe how far we've fallen and it just isn't getting any better. For the first time since 1980 my enthusiasm for CU football is almost non-existant. I'm supposed to go to the Fresno game next week with a friend (Fresno grad) and the thought of sitting there getting our asses handed to us again is making me sick. On a side note I wonder if Iowa State fans think back with pride that they started our downslide into crap-a-tude when they beat us in 2005 prior to us getting crushed by the Fuskers and Texass. Eh...probably not. I'm sure both of them have better things to do.

I don't think Mandel's tweet was unfair, he's just telling it like it is.

Think about this: We lost to a CSU team who lost by 2 TD's to an FCS team. Then we lost to a team who lost to mighty NMSU by 30.

Mandel was spot on. He was inferring that we gave ourselves the equivelant of an NCAA death penalty to atone for our percieved sins. We did. And this is what it looks like. Can you think of a school that has fallen farther without outside sanctions (and I'm not talking about ticky-tacky illegal contact and table-gate stuff either).

Washington fell pretty hard. I think our situation is remarkably similar to theirs. Hopefully, we will be able to pull ourselves out of the mess in a similar fashion.

Washington fell pretty hard. I think our situation is remarkably similar to theirs. Hopefully, we will be able to pull ourselves out of the mess in a similar fashion.

UW has big boosters and an admin that is willing to go to bat for their athletics (look at their stadium renovations). Was Benson/DiStephano even around when we added the suites to Folsom? Ugh.

UW has big boosters and an admin that is willing to go to bat for their athletics (look at their stadium renovations). Was Benson/DiStephano even around when we added the suites to Folsom? Ugh.

That was all Tharp who did the suites at Folsom I believe

I'm telling you, Bensonofabitch and dicstuffer could care less about the AD. They keep Bohnhead around to bring on ****** no-chance of winning coaches. That's what they expected with Tad Boyle, unfortunately for them, TB can coach and recruit and is winning despite their lack of support and their wishes to keep the teams mediocre.

They are happy to make CU the PAC12's Vanderbilt. An easy win for the rest of the conference with BCS conference money coming in so they dont have to raise one finger to keep the AD going while doing the minimum to appease the alumns with the appearance of support through minor facility upgrades (i.e stupid ass mickey mouse video boards that are really only being used for more sponsor space) that dont cost them much of an investment.

Only major shifts in the support base (fans, alumns, and especially major donors) coming together and starting a campaign that calls for a complete change of regime and focus from not only academics but to also athletics on equal par in terms of support. They want us to bitch and gripe and walk away, so they don't have to answer our emails or phone calls anymore.

Well I say Fuk that noise!! We need to become even louder and more aggressive and demand a change. We need to make them hear us and even get the PAC12, the commissioner, other schools, and the media demand a better product.

Maybe it should get political, maybe politicians who are alumns and want a decent AD should get involved and give the regents a new direction as the state's flagship university.

It can be done, from different angles, and through different forums. Fuk these moronic dipsh_its, we need to demand change.

Last edited:
I'm telling you, Bensonofabitch and dicstuffer could care less about the AD. They keep Bohnhead around to bring on ****** no-chance of winning coaches. That's what they expected with Tad Boyle, unfortunately for them, TB can coach and recruit and is winning despite their lack of support and their wishes to keep the teams mediocre.

They are happy to make CU the PAC12's Vanderbilt. An easy win for the rest of the conference with BCS conference money coming in so they dont have to raise one finger to keep the AD going while doing the minimum to appease the alumns with the appearance of support through minor facility upgrades (i.e stupid ass mickey mouse video boards that are really only being used for more sponsor space) that dont cost them much of an investment.

Only major shifts in the support base (fans, alumns, and especially major donors) coming together and starting a campaign that calls for a complete change of regime and focus from not only academics but to also athletics on equal par in terms of support. They want us to bitch and gripe and walk away, so they don't have to answer our emails or phone calls anymore.

Well I say Fuk that noise!! We need to become even louder and more aggressive and demand a change. We need to make them hear us and even get the PAC12, the commissioner, other schools, and the media demand a better product.

Maybe it should get political, maybe politicians who are alumns and want a decent AD should get involved and give the regents a new direction as the state's flagship university.

It can be done, from different angles, and through different forums. Fuk these moronic dipsh_its, we need to demand change.
Can't read your entire post, the name calling makes you sound like an asshole.

Only major shifts in the support base (fans, alumns, and especially major donors) coming together and starting a campaign that calls for a complete change of regime and focus from not only academics but to also athletics on equal par in terms of support. They want us to bitch and gripe and walk away, so they have to answer our emails or phone calls anymore.

Hahahaha! Is it my imagination, or are your nicknames for the administration getting more...erm...graphic?

You are depriving some upriver destination of its Marlon Brando.

But crazy aside, I agree that we should let our administration understand that this matters to us. I get that they view football as a PR risk, but the absence of quality football is its own PR risk, in a way.

Hahahaha! Is it my imagination, or are your nicknames for the administration getting more...erm...graphic?

You are depriving some upriver destination of its Marlon Brando.

But crazy aside, I agree that we should let our administration understand that this matters to us. I get that they view football as a PR risk, but the absence of quality football is its own PR risk, in a way.
Stop masturbating.

Hey Stewart, I was wondering your thoughts on Colorado. They are 0-2
with two bad losses and don't appear to be heading in the right
direction. Can Jon Embree and crew turn it around? And do you think
they can ever return to their glory years of the late '80s and
early '90s?
-- Carson Thomas, Frisco, Texas

I tweeted after the Sacramento State loss that Colorado is the
closest thing you'll ever see to a post-Death Penalty program that
never received the Death Penalty. The Buffs have never recovered
from the sex scandal that rocked that program in the mid-2000s.
Though no NCAA violations were committed, the stigma and rigid self-
imposed restrictions regarding prospects' visits hamstrung then-
coach Gary Barnett's recruiting efforts. Barnett's successor, Boise
State's Dan Hawkins, proved unfit to recruit at the highest level,
and, due in part to the athletic department's financial woes, AD
Mike Bohn stuck with Hawkins at least a year longer than he should
have. Then when Bohn did make a change, he went the cheap route
again, entrusting a daunting major-conference rebuilding job to a
first-time head coach.

It's too soon to write off Embree, who seems a nice enough guy and
is certainly a better recruiter than Hawkins. But he sure seems in
over his head. At $725,000 a year -- the lowest salary in the Pac-12
by far -- you get what you pay for. There's also a bit of bad timing
here. Less than a year after Embree's hire, Larry Scott made
everybody filthy rich with the conference's new TV deals, allowing a
school like Washington State to afford a coach like Mike Leach ($2
million). The Pac-12 is a great fit for Colorado, and eventually it,
too, will be able to take advantage of those resources. With the
right coach, it could return to its former perch. But right now it's
even farther from that level than it was during Hawkins' tenure.

Hey Stewart, I was wondering your thoughts on Colorado. They are 0-2
with two bad losses and don't appear to be heading in the right
direction. Can Jon Embree and crew turn it around? And do you think
they can ever return to their glory years of the late '80s and
early '90s?
-- Carson Thomas, Frisco, Texas

I tweeted after the Sacramento State loss that Colorado is the
closest thing you'll ever see to a post-Death Penalty program that
never received the Death Penalty. The Buffs have never recovered
from the sex scandal that rocked that program in the mid-2000s.
Though no NCAA violations were committed, the stigma and rigid self-
imposed restrictions regarding prospects' visits hamstrung then-
coach Gary Barnett's recruiting efforts. Barnett's successor, Boise
State's Dan Hawkins, proved unfit to recruit at the highest level,
and, due in part to the athletic department's financial woes, AD
Mike Bohn stuck with Hawkins at least a year longer than he should
have. Then when Bohn did make a change, he went the cheap route
again, entrusting a daunting major-conference rebuilding job to a
first-time head coach.

It's too soon to write off Embree, who seems a nice enough guy and
is certainly a better recruiter than Hawkins. But he sure seems in
over his head. At $725,000 a year -- the lowest salary in the Pac-12
by far -- you get what you pay for. There's also a bit of bad timing
here. Less than a year after Embree's hire, Larry Scott made
everybody filthy rich with the conference's new TV deals, allowing a
school like Washington State to afford a coach like Mike Leach ($2
million). The Pac-12 is a great fit for Colorado, and eventually it,
too, will be able to take advantage of those resources. With the
right coach, it could return to its former perch. But right now it's
even farther from that level than it was during Hawkins' tenure.

Well, I think we can pretty much close down Allbuffs for the season. He nailed it (but not in a sex-scandely way, but a dead on balls accurate sorta way).

Back