What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thorburn's Hoke article picked up by ESPN Rumors

hoke is an up and comer and has started off on a great foot at sdsu. he's got them more fired up than they have been in years. he's given them hope.

all that said, i'd be really shocked if bohn went that way. i am absolutely convinced (with no inside info) that the next hire will be a current or former hc of a bcs program. i think even eb would be a stretch. i think they are going to go with a big name. i could be wrong, of course, since i am merely speculating. but, i'd look at belotti, miles, richt, Mac, etc., as the frontrunners, just based upon the gut feeling that they will hire a more proven commodity.

Honestly don't know much about him other than what I have read since this thread started but I like what I have seen. He does have BCS experience and hires quality assistants who have BCS experience. The big thing is that he is a winner.

We all don't want another Hawk but to dismiss a guy because he comes from a non-BCS school is ridiculous as well. I would rather have an up and comer who has the potential to build a championship program than some BCS retread who came close but wasn't good enough to keep his job.

I hope that the Hawk experience doesn't cause us to end up with a guy who is "good enough" because he was decent at a BCS level school instead of a guy who can lead this program to greatness.

Yes, the efforts against mizzou and TCU were very noticeable. His team has lost to 2 top 25 teams by what, 10 total points?

I'm not sure he's the best choice out there, but he's certainly better than some of the names mentioned.

They are 7-3 this year. The three losses are by 3 at Mizzou (last minute long TD pass for Mizzou), by 3 at BYU (screw job) and by 5 at TCU... 40-35, which was the most points allowed by TCU since OU put 35 on them in September of 08... The wins don't exactly blow you away at this point (best win is a close win at home over an AFA team that was ranked at the time), but you have to consider that they were 2-10 two years ago under Chuck Long - and heading downhill....

jsut tweeted by thier CFB rumor desk:

CFBRumorCentral ESPN
by ESPN_Pac10
Mike Bellotti, Brady Hoke and Kevin Sumlin are the hot names for #Colorado's coaching vacancy: http://es.pn/9bt0sm #cfb @dooley_jeff

jsut tweeted by thier CFB rumor desk:

CFBRumorCentral ESPN
by ESPN_Pac10
Mike Bellotti, Brady Hoke and Kevin Sumlin are the hot names for #Colorado's coaching vacancy: http://es.pn/9bt0sm #cfb @dooley_jeff

The tweet says those three are "the hot names". The article itself says that Blotty and Sumlin are "serious candidates" and Hoke's name is emerging in connection with the job. The article doesn't make it sound like those three are THE frontrunners nearly as much as the tweet does...

Can you link the article since all rumor central does is quote an existing news article that's out there?

Really nothing new - it's talking about the Thorburn article that started this thread. They just linked Hoke with Sumlin and Blotty in the tweet...

Really nothing new - it's talking about the Thorburn article that started this thread. They just linked Hoke with Sumlin and Blotty in the tweet...

Fingured that might be the case when Google came up dry other than the Thorburn article.

Back