What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thoughts about Jones?

Wow.

The CU program just can't get a single break... or even get out of it's own way, DAMN.

Just for example, Utah's coach turned down Tennessee a few years ago (2010) to stay at Utah... AND we were still in the Mountain West.

This catastrophe with Jones working the angles isn't helping the way the program is viewed from the outside.

Stinkin' thing looks systemic from out here.

How do you think we feel? We couldn't even beat Utah this year! Mother****in' Utah!

As I said in another thread he is a mercenary. That he stalled CU waiting for the Volunteers to step forward like they did is all to clear at this point. The Buffs could really use some stability in the program right now and we couldn't rely on a guy like this to bring it. We need a good solid coach who can right the ship and give us several years, if not a career of steady, consistent coaching. I wouldn't want a guy like this as a coach under much better circumstances than what we have. Too many games from a guy like Butch Jones.

And this is not on Bohn unless you can indict him for poor judge of character

Last edited:
Meh, I didn't think Jones was a home run. He's never built a team from the depths. I'm not sure why Bohn fixated on him, I fear it was because he was successful in a (quasi) AQ conference and Bohn thought that would look good to outsiders. I think there's better coaches for CU still on the board.

As for how Jones played it--that's the way it's played. Sure, he's a dick for pretending it was about "family" and devotion to UC, but in the end he did what 99% of college coaches would've done.

Tennessee has awesome facilities and a 100k stadium. They have rabid fan support. But expectations will be much much higher and the Vols are going to struggle to get back to top of SEC especially with Vandy on the rise. I don't blame him for looking when this one came open, but enough with the bs about the players and families nonsense.

There is no loyalty in college athletics anymore. These coaches are more like mercenaries. Saban will likely win another national championship in Bama, but if he has a couple 7-4 seasons after that fan will start to get pissed and want him fired. And he would leave in a moments notice if a higher bidder came calling. Jones didn't strike me as too bright anyway, well a lot of these coaches aren't exactly Rhode scholars. But they are always looking for the better deal. Look at Bielema, he took a sideways job to a tougher conference. But these conferences shift in power every decade. B1G or Pac may be the next football power.

Sounds like he had better keep his new home address top secret, :lol:

Some of us need ..........

I know, lots of "Jones" threads. But it would be nice to compile a thread on our opinion about Mr. Jones.

I believe he and "Trace" played us like a cheap date. What he and Mr. Trace did to CU is just despicable. We deserved more respect, IMO. But, listening to Klatt, Al and the rest of the B4L, I believe they would disagree with me.
to grow up. Played us like a cheap date? What are they in high school? This is the way the world works, this is the free enterprise system. Jones never committed to CU and can basically take as many trips to as many schools as he wants. It was up to CU to land him, not the other way around. Bohn could not even hook the fish, let alone land him.

What happened to CU, even the fans are whiners and victims.

What is up Buff's? A lot of crazy shat with CBJ, but he is gone like most in Cincy predicted, even though I would have prefered him to go to CU than UT. Their fans are complete A-holes, and way off the reservation, but I digress. Hope your search is going well as we now begin another one of our own.

I say good for Butch. He's going to get PAID at Tennessee and that's what it's all about. Congrats to him, bullet dodged for us. The path he chose to get here, however, is a dangerous one. He burned a lot of bridges very publicly. He better be extremely successful at Tennessee because his job prospects, if he fails, are slim to none.

What is up Buff's? A lot of crazy shat with CBJ, but he is gone like most in Cincy predicted, even though I would have prefered him to go to CU than UT. Their fans are complete A-holes, and way off the reservation, but I digress. Hope your search is going well as we now begin another one of our own.
good luck with your search as well. Oh, did BJ talk to his former team before this was announced? :lol:

That explains a lot. You must have a lot of pent up frustration since your wife doesn't let you screw.

He only said she wouldn't let him screw people. Apparently farm animals are still in play. Is she from Nebraska?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Back