What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thursday Night Games Thread

I know people think I am crazy with that last statement, or just trying to be funny, but CAL barely lost to UA at UA. With one defensive stand more, they win. We barely lost to Cal at Cal. With the team growing and seeing that no game is hopeless (even if still unlikely, there are many 'unlikely win' games being won around the country this year), anything is possible if you keep fighting.

Hell, just to know UO won't pull starters early in the 2nd is an improvement, and I don't think starters will be pulled at all against us. And to me, I care ore about CU growing than if the PAC gets to the playoffs this year. I'll take a CU upsetting UCLA too if I could.

Yes, CU might not win another game this year. But CU might win them all. I think both are equally likely. 4 wins will be hard to get, 2 is more likely, 4 maybe. But unlike years of recent vintage, I can't look at any game left and say 'We lose by 50, they will name their score against us' like in years past. That is a good sign. Boy...to pull an upset or two and squeak into a bowl would feel HUGE to me. I guess you can say I'm a dreamer. I hope I'm not the only one.

Yeah, the whole notion of Thursday night exposure is useless if it's going to be a 10:30 game. Really hurts sending out the league's top 10 teams to be playing at 10:30 on a weeknight. Have Utah vs Wazzu (or Colorado vs Oregon St) 10:30 on a Thursday, not Oregon or UCLA.

Yup, it doesn't take a genius to figure this out. Although sometimes even a genius can't figure it out.

Watching Oregon is like watching CU just as "Rick the Dick" was preparing to exit stage right. They could get the thing turned around but Helfrich isn't the guy that can do it. By the time Helfrich has a senior class playing they will be a 6-6 team with no titles to show for all of Uncle Phil's Qwan. They are so outmanned in the trenches right now its comedy watching them. If Mariota were to go down they could be 6-6 right now.

Love it. Let the slide begin.

I have to admit the UA running game scares the Hell out of me.

This conference is UCLA's for the taking. I don't see anybody in the conference except for maybe Stanford who can beat the Bruins now.

Oh, and as with the old Big 12, the power in this conference is decidedly shifting to the South.

at the beginning of the year we were all saying az can be beat by our Buffs, I am more worried about them then o now. What a great game last night. I love seeing those o fans sitting on their asses pouting - best part of the game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Helfrich is UO's Neuheisel.

:stupid:

The problem for Helfrich is that he's already at a program with "everything money can buy," so I don't think some dumbass AD is going to poach him like UW did for Neuheisal.

Damn this conference is good. That zone-read pass play is something that we're going to have to start doing.

I dont think it's crazy. I was thinking last night about how with the progress we are seeing, we can hang with any PAC 12 team. Like you said- UA barely beat Cal. UA beats Oregon and we nearly upset Cal. So do we beat UO? (Even my Kool aid isn't THAT strong)

BUt i think we beat UCLA, Washington, and Utah at home. Of course, we also will kick it off with a win over Oregon state.

i think Folsom feels like a home field advantage again. We will find out for sure on Saturday?

I know people think I am crazy with that last statement, or just trying to be funny, but CAL barely lost to UA at UA. With one defensive stand more, they win. We barely lost to Cal at Cal. With the team growing and seeing that no game is hopeless (even if still unlikely, there are many 'unlikely win' games being won around the country this year), anything is possible if you keep fighting.

Hell, just to know UO won't pull starters early in the 2nd is an improvement, and I don't think starters will be pulled at all against us. And to me, I care ore about CU growing than if the PAC gets to the playoffs this year. I'll take a CU upsetting UCLA too if I could.

Yes, CU might not win another game this year. But CU might win them all. I think both are equally likely. 4 wins will be hard to get, 2 is more likely, 4 maybe. But unlike years of recent vintage, I can't look at any game left and say 'We lose by 50, they will name their score against us' like in years past. That is a good sign. Boy...to pull an upset or two and squeak into a bowl would feel HUGE to me. I guess you can say I'm a dreamer. I hope I'm not the only one.

Last edited:
From our perspective, Helfrich was offensive coordinator here and I don't think anyone was singing his praises as an offensive genius. To his credit, he was also coaching a Hawkins team that was more about Zen than football talent. And the whole was it nepotism or not question was lingering the whole time too.

but I do think his presence at UO will make the Ducks a second tier team in the PAC 12. I hope they give Helfrich 5 years to make this his program. I wish I could have seen the UO fans last night. They were pretty awful in Boulder (anyone agree?). They weren't as "classy" (ie, totally classless) like Husker fans but they were arrogant and annoying.

:stupid:

The problem for Helfrich is that he's already at a program with "everything money can buy," so I don't think some dumbass AD is going to poach him like UW did for Neuheisal.

From our perspective, Helfrich was offensive coordinator here and I don't think anyone was singing his praises as an offensive genius. To his credit, he was also coaching a Hawkins team that was more about Zen than football talent. And the whole was it nepotism or not question was lingering the whole time too.

but I do think his presence at UO will make the Ducks a second tier team in the PAC 12. I hope they give Helfrich 5 years to make this his program. I wish I could have seen the UO fans last night. They were pretty awful in Boulder (anyone agree?). They weren't as "classy" (ie, totally classless) like Husker fans but they were arrogant and annoying.
+ scott frost trying to run the triple option. It was freakn hilarious watching them pout, they really are kinda sore losers

+ scott frost trying to run the triple option. It was freakn hilarious watching them pout, they really are kinda sore losers

Couldn't happen to a better group of bandwagon non-fans. Just wait until 2024, a new pretty boy program will flash in the pan. Those fans will think football never existed before 2022. 'How could Oregon have ever been good', they would say.

Honestly couldn't have happened to a more deserving fanbase. Buncha whiney nuveau riche douchebags.

You are crazy as a loon.

Last edited:
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

It feels good to wake up in Oregon this morning.

I had a bunch of people in my neighborhood cheering for every play the Ducks made last night so loudly I could hear them in my house... it got pretty quiet around 10:30.

I just can't stop smiling. I guess those UO players that were "bored" with playing in the Rose Bowl won't have to worry about that horror for another year!

People on message boards always seem to hate the fans of winning teams. The fans of team x are awful because of....whatever. Ok, so are all fans bad? Are any fans of winning teams good? Here is the list of national champions. Do you hate the fans of all of these teams?

1991 Miami, Fla. (AP)
Washington (Coaches)
1992 Alabama
1993 Florida State
1994 Nebraska
1995 Nebraska
1996 Florida
1997 Michigan (AP)
Nebraska (Coaches)
1998 Tennessee
1999 Florida State
2000 Oklahoma
2001 Miami, Fla.
2002 Ohio State
2003 LSU (National Champs)
USC (#1 in AP Poll)
2004 USC
2005 Texas
2006 Florida
2007 LSU
2008 Florida
2009 Alabama
2010 Auburn
2011 Alabama
2012 Alabama
2013 Florida State

People on message boards always seem to hate the fans of winning teams. The fans of team x are awful because of....whatever. Ok, so are all fans bad? Are any fans of winning teams good? Here is the list of national champions. Do you hate the fans of all of these teams?

1991 Miami, Fla. (AP)
Washington (Coaches)
1992 Alabama
1993 Florida State
1994 Nebraska
1995 Nebraska
1996 Florida
1997 Michigan (AP)
Nebraska (Coaches)
1998 Tennessee
1999 Florida State
2000 Oklahoma
2001 Miami, Fla.
2002 Ohio State
2003 LSU (National Champs)
USC (#1 in AP Poll)
2004 USC
2005 Texas
2006 Florida
2007 LSU
2008 Florida
2009 Alabama
2010 Auburn
2011 Alabama
2012 Alabama
2013 Florida State

The hating in this thread is on 1 fanbase. That fanbase is missing on your list. They act like they have a spot there, but they don't. That is why a lot of people don't like them.

Most of them, yes.

1991 Miami, Fla. (AP)
Washington (Coaches)
1992 Alabama
1993 Florida State
1994 Nebraska
1995 Nebraska
1996 Florida
1997 Michigan (AP)
Nebraska (Coaches)
1998 Tennessee
1999 Florida State
2000 Oklahoma