What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thursday Night + Weekend Games

ASU with Taylor Kelly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ASU w/o Taylor Kelly and we hung with ASU w/ Kelly. We would have beaten the ASU team that played last night. I think our game showed that ASU's defense is not that good this year.

UCLA with Hundley is scary good, without him they are still good enough all around to beat a lot of teams. The boat race was on with the pick 6 to end the first half.

ASU with Taylor Kelly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ASU w/o Taylor Kelly and we hung with ASU w/ Kelly. We would have beaten the ASU team that played last night. I think our game showed that ASU's defense is not that good this year.

UCLA with Hundley is scary good, without him they are still good enough all around to beat a lot of teams. The boat race was on with the pick 6 to end the first half.

UCLA will be able to name their score against us, assuming Hundley is healthy. We don't have anybody that can contend with their speed at the skill positions. They are very good this year.

Well that flipped quickly. People were saying that we may be able to beat UCLA at home earlier

Well that flipped quickly. People were saying that we may be able to beat UCLA at home earlier

Homecoming and at Folsom. Anything can happen. UCLA is very good though. Better than I thought. Well with Hundley healthy I mean.

UCLA is one of those flaky programs that often seems to figure out how to lose a game or two that they shouldn't and ruin their seasons.

Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen against us. ASU played poorly against us and still won, last year they didn't play great and killed us.

The problem we have with ASU is magnified with UCLA. We just don't have the speed to match up with them. We can play well but a few plays when they bread a tackle or hit a seam each turn into TDs instead of just big gains.

My hope for UCLA is that we maintain discipline and don't get boatraced but I don't have many illusions that we will win.

UCLA is one of those flaky programs that often seems to figure out how to lose a game or two that they shouldn't and ruin their seasons.

Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen against us. ASU played poorly against us and still won, last year they didn't play great and killed us.

The problem we have with ASU is magnified with UCLA. We just don't have the speed to match up with them. We can play well but a few plays when they bread a tackle or hit a seam each turn into TDs instead of just big gains.

My hope for UCLA is that we maintain discipline and don't get boatraced but I don't have many illusions that we will win.

UCLA is traditionally the most inconsistent team in college football in my opinion. One week they look like the #1 team in the nation and often beat the #1 team in the nation. The next week they lose to an unranked team. ASU beat UCLA last year in Pasadena.

UCLA will be able to name their score against us, assuming Hundley is healthy. We don't have anybody that can contend with their speed at the skill positions. They are very good this year.

Put the Kool-Aid down. UCLA still needed three defensive TD's to beat Virginia.......and then that same defense turned around and gave up 35 points to Memphis. UCLA is a team that plays to its competition for now-They'll be up for a ranked opponent, but play down to somebody like Memphis or Virginia. Whats to say the same thing can't happen when they come here?

UCLA is traditionally the most inconsistent team in college football in my opinion. One week they look like the #1 team in the nation and often beat the #1 team in the nation. The next week they lose to an unranked team. ASU beat UCLA last year in Pasadena.
They often beat the #1 team? The **** you tallying about?

UCLA is talented and well coached. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they won the Pac 12 this year.

UCLA vs. Oregon in two weeks will be very interesting. Actually, Utah next week in LA could be a good bet.

UCLA is talented and well coached. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they won the Pac 12 this year.

Wouldn't be a shock at all. Also wouldn't be a shock if they managed to lose two games including a game in which they are heavily favored. Not saying it is going to happen but they have done that before and failed to live up to their talent level.

I just don't think that it will be CU who puts one of those crazy losses on them, the talent difference is to great.

Well coached? Giving up 38 first downs and over 600 yds. by a 2nd string QB, is well coached? ASU handed them 24 pts. on TO's and ST's and a couple long plays where the coverage was blown and tackling was atrocious. ASU left a ton of points on the table, too.

UCLA leads the league in penalty yards as well. When WB did that for the Buffs, this board did not refer to his team as "well coached" !!!

Talk about a team the wins pretty much on talent, despite coaching ....its that bunch!

Ah yes, now STs are purely talent and NO coaching. That's comforting.

And Enuf probably should stay quiet on penalty yards as a reflection of coaching.

Well coached? Giving up 38 first downs and over 600 yds. by a 2nd string QB, is well coached? ASU handed them 24 pts. on TO's and ST's and a couple long plays where the coverage was blown and tackling was atrocious. ASU left a ton of points on the table, too.

UCLA leads the league in penalty yards as well. When WB did that for the Buffs, this board did not refer to his team as "well coached" !!!

Talk about a team the wins pretty much on talent, despite coaching ....its that bunch!

Then explain them winning on the road at UT with their star QB going down early in the game. Are they more talented than the Longhorns? Many top programs have lots of penalties, because their coaches teach them to play aggressive and fast. Those penalties are the result of good coaching instead of bad coaching.

Yet they still won by 30 plus points. I would say coaching had something to do with that.

They went on the road and beat a ranked team by 40 points and you're claiming they're not well coached? :wtf:

Ah yes, now STs are purely talent and NO coaching. That's comforting.

And Enuf probably should stay quiet on penalty yards as a reflection of coaching.

Penalty yards is predictive of winning in the same way as Time of Possession.

In other words, they're irrelevant.

Regarding CU, I think we coach our DBs to play physically and will live with a few holds & PIs a game. We haven't had a lot of the dumb penalties like delays of game or late hits out of bounds or offsides.

Penalty yards is predictive of winning in the same way as Time of Possession.

In other words, they're irrelevant.

Regarding CU, I think we coach our DBs to play physically and will live with a few holds & PIs a game. We haven't had a lot of the dumb penalties like delays of game or late hits out of bounds or offsides.

On the cal board, I was reading how they have to play a team that runs a true man to man scheme in the secondary. Should be a test. They of course figure they are talented enough to overcome it, but it will be interesting to see if it messes them up at all.

I think that's a bad match-up for CU, our receivers are one of the strengths of the team - guess we will find out tomorrow.

If we have a strength on defense, it's our pass defense. DBs are solid. Crawley is making a case for being drafted and he's a junior. I don't see him leaving after this year, but he's playing really, really well.

If we have a strength on defense, it's our pass defense. DBs are solid. Crawley is making a case for being drafted and he's a junior. I don't see him leaving after this year, but he's playing really, really well.

All right, I'm starting to get fired up for tomorrow, hope to see a few of you Buffs fans there - I expect to see quite a few, you have a strong alumni presence.

The issue with our pass defense is that it is irrelevant if we can't stop the run. We stopped future Heisman candidate Grayson only to be run all over by mediocre running backs. Our LBs haven't played well and our pass rush has been weak.

The DBs are very solid. Crowley as you mentioned, Hendo is quality. The safeties are doing better than I expected when Bell went down (but we still miss him.)

Problem is that the DBs aren't getting the support from the LBs we need and the pass rush has be missing for much of the season. Doesn't matter how good DBs are if there isn't pressure on the QB.

They went on the road and beat a ranked team by 40 points and you're claiming they're not well coached? :wtf:

So, someone please explain to me:

How does ASU handing UCLA 38 of those 40 points by turnovers, poor tackling on that KO return and blown pass coverages on two long TD passes, combined with ASU's running up 600 yds, behind a 2nd string QB.......

define "good coaching" on UCLA's part?

So, someone please explain to me:

How does ASU handing UCLA 38 of those 40 points by turnovers, poor tackling on that KO return and blown pass coverages on two long TD passes, combined with ASU's running up 600 yds, behind a 2nd string QB.......

define "good coaching" on UCLA's part?
Simple. Neuheisel had the same talent. His teams lost by these types of scores.

Back