What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tidbit From Thorburn

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
I'm a little late on this because I was out of town this weekend, but in his latest mailbag, someone asked Thorburn about 2013 recruiting. Confirms what we're all suspecting, but he likes our odds to land a big gun apparently.

Question: Our 2013 basketball recruiting is really taking shape and looking like it could be a good year for the Buffaloes. I know we have limited scholarships to offer and stars don't mean everything to Boyle and co, but what do you think the chances are we bring maybe a potential 5 or 4 star into the mix? Maybe Isaac Hamilton and a Marcus Lee or Jabari Bird? And the potential of another Top 25 class. -- David M.
Ryan's answer: David, Great question. Tad Boyle has said that because of the limited number of scholarships available in 2013 (Sabatino Chen is the only senior on the current roster) the coaching staff is concentrating on landing a quality perimeter player. I would expect CU to land one of the highest ranked shooting guards in that class. The 2014 class could turn out to be a top-25 class because there are some high-end prospects coming up in Colorado and the program has clearly established itself as a destination for Southern California recruits.

And considering how intelligent that email was about the big guns that CU is going after, I'm positive that it's an AllBuffer who sent that in.

Back