What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tim Brando calling out the Pac 12 as a whole.

Whether the B1G & SEC are likely to expand/poach is a different discussion.

But if they do, it is the only way a P5 dissolves and the B12 is by far the most likely to get destroyed.

The only school in that league that matters in the context of this discussion is Texas. The only way Texas does anything is if they're allowed to keep the LHN. That's why that league isn't gonna fall apart anytime soon.

Mizzou's preference was to join the B1G but got passed over for ****braska. They headed to the SEC in that situation. I'm still under the assumption that Mizzou is still interested in the B1G especially if Kansas joins but the longer they stay in the SEC, they might just stay there.
Mizzou was the big winner in the shake up hands down in so many ways they'll never leave the SEC.

I did address it. I said if certain accommodations were made it probably wouldn’t matter.
However, we will have to agree to disagree that OU would automatically be a power in any conference. You don’t just step into the B1G and act like you’re a big swinging Dick. They’d be a huge outlier, both culturally and geographically.
1625138384406.png
Penn State 🤷‍♂️

The only school in that league that matters in the context of this discussion is Texas. The only way Texas does anything is if they're allowed to keep the LHN. That's why that league isn't gonna fall apart anytime soon.
There's no LHN to "keep". It's owned by ESPN. As long as UT gets its extra $15M a year for the next 9 years, they're good.

There's no LHN to "keep". It's owned by ESPN. As long as UT gets its extra $15M a year for the next 9 years, they're good.

Two things-One, you're wrong on the ownership. The LHN is a joint venture between Texas, ESPN, and Learfield IMG College. Here's where that matters-ESPN/Learfield would probably need to buy out Texas's ownership stake in the LHN. You really think ESPN (who is strapped by that god-awful NBA contract) wants to do that or keep the status quo? I would guess the latter right now-but I don't see that as anywhere near as big a deal as my second point? Two, do you really think schools like Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, and Michigan would be okay with Texas getting $15M a year because of the LHN if they joined either league?

I don't. They're not going anywhere, and neither is the Big 12. Deal with it.

Dance Reaction GIF

Wait so espn would want to get out of the terrible nba contract but not the terrible longhorn network contract?

Here is the thing, the SEC is going to distribute more to their teams than texas makes from their tier one and long horn network deals. The big ten will distribute the same amount so there isn’t some huge trade off from leaving the big 12.
Exactly. Those conferences wouldn't have to pay Texas a nickel above their standard member deal to pay them more than the total of what UT gets in media $ via Big 12 + LHN.

I’m telling you, living down here you can really see some of that UT sheen wearing off now that A&M had moved on and becoming a little more successful in a much more successful conference. It may be a slow process, but I see UT losing its grip on all the power it holds right now.

I’m telling you, living down here you can really see some of that UT sheen wearing off now that A&M had moved on and becoming a little more successful in a much more successful conference. It may be a slow process, but I see UT losing its grip on all the power it holds right now.
Wrong. Aggy is still the weird little brother in this state and their jock riding of the other SEC schools creeps out everybody. Go read SEC rant and you will see that nobody has any love/respect for aggy.

Wrong. Aggy is still the weird little brother in this state and their jock riding of the other SEC schools creeps out everybody. Go read SEC rant and you will see that nobody has any love/respect for aggy.
Good to see you 66! Haven’t seen you around the board in a while. You still in the Houston area?

Who are you?

i tend to agree the Pac has been disappointing in performance....and i don't love the USC down, whole conf suffers theory.....because that sounds almost exactly like the Texas/Big XII thing in some regards.

however, i think Brando is drunk sometimes doing games with Spencer Tillman (who after 15-20 years of doing games i can't decide is really smart or not.....all the words sound good but not sure what they add up to sometimes). i don't mind, but i'm usually drunk or getting there when i'm watching Tim Brando with Pac time zone starts....he's also a total Big 10 honk. which also probably means he's a total Rose Bowl old timer honk. props to that....but i always found the Rose Bowl kinda dull inna day before we were in the Pac.

Back