What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tim DeRuyter, Dave Doeren reportedly high on Colorado's coach list

I look forward to the annoucement. Seems like there's a new front runner every few hours. I'm not thrilled by either of these guys, but what do I know? I'll support whoever they hire (within reason). If Bohn screws this one up he'll be forever banished from Boulder.

Mangino the Hutt = too much baggage. Ran off several o/l players while in Norman and was abusive to players in Lawrence.

Sorry, but I don't wanna see man mountain Mark in Boulder.

According to Henderson-who's credibility on his sources is highly questionable-now says that Doeren and Mangino are absolutely not on the short list.
Henderson HAS NO IDEA what he is talking about. He has no sources at all, except when Mangino's agent calls him up to say that Mangino called CU a few weeks ago.

think I mis typed. Want Stitt as the OC and he is working with guys he thinks are on the HC list to align himself with them. Would be a great OC an good for relations with CO high schools
I really hope Stitt is reaching out to guys "on the short list" - it honestly wouldn't surprise me if someone in the AD is kinda-sorta saying things to him like, "there are some good coaches out there, maybe you should reach out to X, Y, & Z." It is interesting that he was at the game Tuesday night...

I believe i heard on the radio yesterday that northern illinois uses alot of jc players so im not sure how doerens recruiting is. i only bring it up because we dont take most or any jc transfers.

Great, now we have become so toxic that bcs coaches just chuckle at Bohn showing off his little money clip. We are back to gambling on another Hawkins.
That's way overblown. CU is not that unique and is certainly not toxic. CU is a turnaround job and doesn't have tons of admin support relative to some of the other top tier schools. Lots of schools fall into that category. If coaches like Anderson are turning down CU, then it's only because they think they can leverage their success into a "better" job, however they define "better". If they didn't think they had better options, they would take the CU job in a heartbeat. They're shootign for the best opportunity, just like schools are shooting for the coach. This happens all the time in every search at nearly every school.

Why don't you throw out a bcs coach as a candidate then

I surely don't mean to imply that I have a better candidate, it is just frustrating to cycle through coaches that are attempting cut their teeth in the bcs. I know, it is what it is. Bohn's talk gets me excited, then reality hits. The guys that I like are winners but are way more toxic than us so I won't bother mentioning them.

Most of these mid major coaches will have used JUCO's heavily as it is their best resource for upper level talent. So yes they will ave to adjust.

I believe i heard on the radio yesterday that northern illinois uses alot of jc players so im not sure how doerens recruiting is. i only bring it up because we dont take most or any jc transfers.

somebody needs to knock some school administrators around... thats what makes this job a non-starter for so many... no jc's!

somebody needs to knock some school administrators around... thats what makes this job a non-starter for so many... no jc's!

My understanding of the JC issue is the lack of credits transferring for JCs, primarily due to majors we don't provide. This change would have to come for all students, not just athletes. Dply could enlighten us (and probably already has somewhere on this site).

My understanding of the JC issue is the lack of credits transferring for JCs, primarily due to majors we don't provide. This change would have to come for all students, not just athletes. Dply could enlighten us (and probably already has somewhere on this site).
Do you think a "General Studies" type major would help? Seems like something like that would allow more credits to transfer.

Do you think a "General Studies" type major would help? Seems like something like that would allow more credits to transfer.

Defer to dply. Provided the only information I had, which I think is correct, but may not be.

That's pretty accurate IMO. If we want a JC transfer, we basically have to be working with them from the moment they first enroll at the JC, and guide them into the appropriate classes that will actually transfer here.

Maybe the only answer for this is to have some of our in-state JC's actually field football teams; I think the current policy is either that those credits (from in-state JC's) are guaranteed to transfer, or the ones that will transfer are already explicitly identified.

As someone that transferred into CU by way of Univ of Wisconsin and a MN JC, I can say for a fact that there are some of the core classes that transfer fairly easily (biology/chemistry/calculus/economics/...). But, when you start to get into the fringe areas (for me it was some of the english classes) then you have to fight a bit harder to get them accepted (usually a matter of sending a syllabubs or course description and listing the CU course you think it's a match to), and then there's the "JC-specific" courses and other classes that have no match to a course at CU that you have no shot at getting transferred.

If you're smart about it (taking general/core subjects & courses), there's no reason you can't get enough of your JC credits to transfer.

If you're smart about it (taking general/core subjects & courses), there's no reason you can't get enough of your JC credits to transfer.
That's true, hence my statement about us having to work with them from the moment they first enroll at a JC. It's not unsurprising that a lot of even moderately intelligent people have a hard time navigating the specifics on which classes will and won't transfer - bureaucracy isn't easy to navigate, and a lot of people need guides.

I was curious, where is it that DeRuyter all has recruited. Off the top of my head he has been at schools great for the Colorado job for recruiting connections. Colorado (Air Force), Texas (A&M), Nevada and California (Fresno). With him being a defensive coach is a plus in my book also.

I surely don't mean to imply that I have a better candidate, it is just frustrating to cycle through coaches that are attempting cut their teeth in the bcs. I know, it is what it is. Bohn's talk gets me excited, then reality hits. The guys that I like are winners but are way more toxic than us so I won't bother mentioning them.

Now when you say BCS coach are you talking current BCS coordinators (Diaco, Wilcox), current BCS head coaches (Strong, Golden), or former BCS head coaches (Bellotti, Tedford, Sweater Vest)? I ask because, guys like Doeren, DeRuyter, and to some extent Andersen (made some BCS bowl appearances) are all head coaches with roots as BCS level coordinator positions. I consider these guys as not far removed BCS coordinators with some head coaching experience.

Also, other than the former head coaches, all these guys have 1-2 more football games to play this year they wont say anything publicly to rock the boat of their current teams. And i hope CU will honor that. Stretch your imaginations (really far) as to what the outrage on allbuffs if some school were trying to poach our HC or coordinator while the Buffs were still to play in the PAC12 championship and Bowl game.

By the reports from the DP, Buffchips radio and our beloved Allbuffs, the heads of CU administration has made a commitment to excellence in athletics and when the CFB season ends coachs will be more transparent in their true ambitions.

Offcourse they are high on the list, meh coaches. Would rather have Gary Anderson or Justin Wilcox over Dave Doren and Tim DeRuyter.

According to Henderson-who's credibility on his sources is highly questionable-now says that Doeren and Mangino are absolutely not on the short list.

Henderson is ****, between midnight and 9:00am his report changes, just poor journalism

wow, a bowl game, somehow you're drinking the kool-aid that we haven't ordered yet
LOL! Admittedly 6 games is a stretch, but I don't think 4 is a stretch. Hell, even Embree almost won 4 games. Not sure any of the other games were winnable this season, so yeah, maybe some Kool-Aid. :lol:

Back