What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tim Griffin - His Pick for Best CU team

AlferdJasper

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-...picks-for-the-best-teams-for-each-school.html

This is qualified by saying it's in the BIG 12 era, which strikes out the 1990 team.

From Tim Griffin:
I got an interesting question earlier this week that I figured deserved a little more consideration than merely an item in my mailbag.

Steve Johnson from Alpine, Texas, writes: Tim, I love your blog. I read your item last week where you picked your five top choices of best teams in the Big 12 era. Could you also expand on that by picking the best team for each team during that same time period and maybe a reason why you think each was the best?

Tim Griffin: Steve, I appreciate your question and will do my best to pick the team I think that best represents each school. And remember, the Big 12 era begins in 1996, so all of those e-mails I got from Nebraska fans wondering why I didn't rank the 1995 Nebraska team came because of a reason. They didn't play in the Big 12.

COLORADO The best team: 2001
Record: 10-3
Coach: Gary Barnett
Best players: RB Cortlen Johnson, RB Chris Brown, G Andre Gurode, TE Daniel Graham
Best victory: 62-36 beatdown of Nebraska to clinch North Division title.
Bowl: Lost to Oregon in the Fiesta Bowl, 36-16.
What made them special: Only Colorado football championship team in Big 12 history.

In the comments, a Baylor fan points out that the best team Baylor had during the Big 12 era, still had a painful losing record.

You gotta admire his research. I somehow reached the same conclusion.

A team full of people like me would not be a good thing.

:huh: depends on the sport, I'd guess.

Are you good at anything in particular?

Also, I wish I could remember why I have this image in my photobucket, but I seriously do not.
I think you must have made a point at one time.
That is the best I can do to explain it.

96buff.jpg

Back