What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Time off for football

I got married in 1994. It was the week before the Miracle in Michigan.

I made sure it was on a bye week. Not so much for my personal preference, but because I knew a lot of the guests would not show up if the wedding conflicted with a game.

I have never heard the end of it. To this day, I'm still reminded of how football was more important than our wedding.

We need for another commit to announce. Look at what happens when the Buff Signal doesn't shine.

you're getting old. you live like, what, < 30 minutes from Folsom? I bet you'll be home by midnight and in bed not much later than you'd usually be -- the only difference being your BAC, which might just put you to sleep faster.

@sweaty teets and those giving him hell, my experience is that marriage doesn't change your life that much, having kids is what changes your life significantly. It's one thing to bail on your spouse for a guys-only trip. It's a totally different thing to bail on her and leave her solo with the kids.

and you married guys whose sex life disappeared, you either married the wrong woman or you're just doing the marriage thing wrong. Not sure about CO, but sexual abandonment is grounds for divorce in most states.
You're doing it wrong!

I'm not even engaged yet, and I'm already stressing out about the impending "discussion" surrounding a wedding date not conflicting with football season.

If you get married during fall, get married on a Sunday. You can still watch the Buff game and you'll get love/cred/kudos for being willing to miss the Broncos game.

When did fall become the only time to get married? There are at least 8 other months where you will have no worries about conflict.

And what are you going to do when your 25th wedding anniversary falls on the same day as the biggest game of the year? It is not the actual wedding day that is the problem here guys.

There is a reason I got married in May.

I was thinking like Tuesday or Wednesday evening in the Fall... Think she'll go for that??

Mmmm...thinking probably not. It will be too conspicuous that you're carving out the football time. It would be like having a Sunday wedding on the Broncos BYE game day.

When did fall become the only time to get married? There are at least 8 other months where you will have no worries about conflict.

And what are you going to do when your 25th wedding anniversary falls on the same day as the biggest game of the year? It is not the actual wedding day that is the problem here guys.

The weather in Colorado in September is usually great. It means less worry about problems with honeymoon flights, outdoor ceremonies, etc. you could get a blizzard or a massive thunderstorm in May. Might not, but the chances are better than in September. That's how we came to our conclusion, anyway.

The weather in Colorado in September is usually great. It means less worry about problems with honeymoon flights, outdoor ceremonies, etc. you could get a blizzard or a massive thunderstorm in May. Might not, but the chances are better than in September. That's how we came to our conclusion, anyway.
I can't believe you fell for that...

I've stared at this post for an hour and still speechless. Well done

More unsolicited internet married guy advice. The consequences of knocking up your wife during college basketball season is that you will be sacrificing a football weekend for a kiddo's birthday party. Get your wife preggers during the football season and there will be no such conflict.

More unsolicited internet married guy advice. The consequences of knocking up your wife during college basketball season is that you will be sacrificing a football weekend for a kiddo's birthday party. Get your wife preggers during the football season and there will be no such conflict.
They don't call it March Madness for nothing!

Or better yet, knock up someone else's wife and enjoy both seasons to their fullest!

I got married in October. There is no conflict. My advice is don't marry someone who doesn't like to do things you care about. Lots of great Pac-12 destinations and tying in a Buff road game with an anniversary trip is a lot of fun.

I got married in October. There is no conflict. My advice is don't marry someone who doesn't like to do things you care about. Lots of great Pac-12 destinations and tying in a Buff road game with an anniversary trip is a lot of fun.

That's great advice.

Useless to poor saps like me, but good advice nonetheless.

Or better yet, knock up someone else's wife and enjoy both seasons to their fullest!
fd02503ed2877efe744386c77e1b070890c2153.gif

I love watching guys who are getting married claim that nothing is going to change and they are going to continue to do whatever they did before. Us guys who have been married long enough know better. More than likely, the new Mrs.Teets will just quietly resent him for the rest of their marriage for going to a football game 5 days after their wedding.

If she quietly resents it you will be lucky, many wives make their resentment loud and clear on a regular basis.

I got married in 1994. It was the week before the Miracle in Michigan.

I made sure it was on a bye week. Not so much for my personal preference, but because I knew a lot of the guests would not show up if the wedding conflicted with a game.

I have never heard the end of it. To this day, I'm still reminded of how football was more important than our wedding.

If it wasn't that it would have been something else. Don't sweat it. You have been married long enough to know that whatever it is, even if you don't know what it is, it is your fault.

Back