What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

To this point, Boyle is an awful coach on the road

Just curious does weight factor in on this or do they even track that? Complete CUMBB novice here but when I watch other teams around the country they look much bigger physique wise. I know we are young and building but Kentucky is young also :wink: We need some beef.

It has for us. Shane has regressed this year for some reason. And we knew that Jelly was going to struggle against bulky centers. We saw it in France in those first couple games when he got worked by that NBA big. It has carried over. Teams like ASU and Washington that have thick post players have caused all sorts of problems for us.

Scott is a much more skilled player than the big slugs Utah put out there against him but when the refs allow them to lean and push like they did he has problems. Even SHT gave up a lot in terms of the pushing and shoving and he doesn't have the skill level.

Just curious does weight factor in on this or do they even track that? Complete CUMBB novice here but when I watch other teams around the country they look much bigger physique wise. I know we are young and building but Kentucky is young also :wink: We need some beef.

Throwing Kentucky out there just isn't fair to the Buffs coaches or players. That's a storied program, with a ravenous fan base, and they're consistently pulling the nation's top recruiting class right now. There are very few high school bigs with the sort of physique you're talking about, and those with that build who can actually play get poached by the Kentucky's of CBB very quickly.

Scott is a much more skilled player than the big slugs Utah put out there against him but when the refs allow them to lean and push like they did he has problems. Even SHT gave up a lot in terms of the pushing and shoving and he doesn't have the skill level.

Like when Dre got the foul and Tad got the technical to protect Dre from getting one. The Utah player had Dre's arm completely locked up and wouldn't let go of it. No foul on Utah. That's the kind of stuff that was going on all night. We weren't fighting back and allowed Utah to push us around inside. That technical by Tad along with Dre getting pissed off ignited the team, though. Our run happened right after that.

I used UK jokingly, notice the wink, but my point is it seems like every school we play has some big bulky 6'10"+ guy in the middle. Talented or not they can at least play D and rebound, and if I can remember correctly USC had like five of them. To me it just seems like it is our biggest weakness and from what I have seen from recruiting, is not being addressed.

I used UK jokingly, notice the wink, but my point is it seems like every school we play has some big bulky 6'10"+ guy in the middle. Talented or not they can at least play D and rebound, and if I can remember correctly USC had like five of them. To me it just seems like it is our biggest weakness and from what I have seen from recruiting, is not being addressed.

Gordon and Thomas improve this next year. We also missed out on Damiene Cain, who was our highest rated recruit in the Mayor-Ski class and was supposed to add a lot of bulk to the interior for us.

I don't think anyone can call Boyle awful anywhere, but I'd assume I wasn't the only one confused and annoyed that he kept Ski in the game so much despite his terrible play

I don't think anyone can call Boyle awful anywhere, but I'd assume I wasn't the only one confused and annoyed that he kept Ski in the game so much despite his terrible play

During the run, Ski stopped forcing things. Hopefully he learned something from that.

care to refute my point - which is that Boyle is a bad coach on the road? Didn't think so.

True this was a terrible road loss and Boyle had a lot to do with it but not sure I would use the word bad, just not good is better.

Totally agree, I'm the last one to say that I agree with everything Boyle does and consider him the all mighty. He also makes decisions I question in home games as well fwiw.

I haven't read all the post....but if you are a bad coach, you are a bad coach at home and the road....absolutely terrible OP

Back