What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Today I made the call to cancel DirecTV

Fine and dandy if you don't want sports.
Wort it to me. I'd rather spend that time playing sports anyhow. You can catch the games you really want to see at a restaurant/bar.

Five years from now, would you rather someone hand you $5k to $6k in cash, or would you rather have watched the games at your home?

Wort it to me. I'd rather spend that time playing sports anyhow. You can catch the games you really want to see at a restaurant/bar.

Five years from now, would you rather someone hand you $5k to $6k in cash, or would you rather have watched the games at your home?

I thought about that strategy for a while, but going out to a sports bar 4+ times a month is going to cost a lot more than cable/sat. IPAs and buffalo wings ain't cheap.

You do realize that the whole point to this thread is that DTV doesn't carry the Pac 12 Network, thus the switch? Almost everybody here would dump satellite/cable if not for sports. I did it this last off-season. I'll take my sports programming for the cost.

Each has their issues.To me Comcast internet has been super and TV good enough.As has been mentioned the OnDemand and streaming stuff are great features.I never liked the idea of signing a contract for satellite,my parents have Dish and love it though.

I cut cable six months ago and stream in 1080i hd through Xbox and Roku. Cable is a massive rip off.

$85/month for essentially basic service x 5 years = $5,100. That adds up into real money.

I started this 6 years ago and haven't looked back. Do miss some of the sports, but I can find most everything online to stream nowadays

I'm still not happy with DTV, So when I threatened to cancel DTV they gave me the Collage sports package and lowered my bill 10.00 a month. If they don't get the P-12 by next season, I'm done with them.

I have had Dish for years and am very happy with them. I compared prices and in my mind get a much better deal for the money with Dish. That said I was considering dropping them until out of the blue they picked up the PAC12 network.

If anyone wants to switch to them PM me and I will send you a card that gets both of us a nice discount.

i got the same cards in the mail also.

I posted this in the other thread as well.

http://dailytrojan.com/2012/09/24/pac-12-networks-negotiations-continue-to-stall/

There are two sides to the negotiation story.
I am guessing the thrust of the article is that the P12 is eagerly attempting to penetrate each and every market while DirecTV holds out, fearing that any rupture in it's resistance, according to the Daily Trojan, will lead to the seeds of greed spilling onto even more fertile ground. This, of course, will be followed by a cessation of the period...in which the parties could hold off the inevitable delivery of a potentially unwanted product. DirecTV's stance may seem frigid, but is simply a good corporate prophylactic measure to avoid expenses that could otherwise be avoided over the next two decades.

I'm not clicking on a link titled daily trojan for a number of reasons.
Hmm. And I can think of a number of reasons TO click on it, :lol: Anyway, an SC professor blames the PAC 12 network for being greedy.

New respect for Jiffy Lube. Walk in today and the Pac-12 network is playing on their tv without me even having to even change the channel. Then when I'm paying the guy sees my CU hat and starts talking to me about the Pac-12 and the Buffs. The network might suck in terms of not being broadcast right now by DirecTV, but we're certainly enjoying increased exposure in our new conference.

Back