What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Today's Bowls - We are a college football board after all!

suppbear.jpg

We got our dicks punched. Hard.

Typical red-zone woes. Oh well....at least Walking Dead is starting soon.

Firing a coach that wins 10 games a year would be a disastrous move for UGA. Georgia isn't Alabama, and it's never going to be.

Little history lesson for you here.... Georgia has won championships in the forties, in 1968 and with an undefeated season and Herschel Walker in 1980, also a national championship. The Bulldogs have not amassed the long term record, overall, of Alabama. But like most any school, Alabama has had it own down years and long stretches without significant success. I don't think the Georgia folks have to make a good argument that they might have a bright future.....I will make that argument. Alabama isn't permanently set in NCAA superiority, no matter what you say.

Little history lesson for you here.... Georgia has won championships in the forties, in 1968 and with an undefeated season and Herschel Walker in 1980, also a national championship. The Bulldogs have not amassed the long term record, overall, of Alabama. But like most any school, Alabama has had it own down years and long stretches without significant success. I don't think the Georgia folks have to make a good argument that they might have a bright future.....I will make that argument. Alabama isn't permanently set in NCAA superiority, no matter what you say.

I would agree with this.

I think Richt is a better coach than people give him credit for and the might regret it if they fire him. At the same time if they get the right guy there is no reason Georgia can't be a NC contender, even playing in the SEC.

They get huge support, money and fan support are not an issue. They fill their stadium and travel pretty well, budget restraints should not be an issue. Recruiting should not be either. The state of Georgia puts out a reasonable number of high quality football players, UGA has also never had a problem getting player there from neighboring state Florida which is one of the top three talent pools in the country (along with Texas and California.) They have also had success getting kids from all along the Atlantic seaboard states and also have had some success in Texas.

Georgia may not be one of the top 8-10 programs that are mentioned more often than not for title contention but they aren't far out of that range and winning it all isn't a stretch for them to consider.

I would agree with this.

I think Richt is a better coach than people give him credit for and the might regret it if they fire him. At the same time if they get the right guy there is no reason Georgia can't be a NC contender, even playing in the SEC.

They get huge support, money and fan support are not an issue. They fill their stadium and travel pretty well, budget restraints should not be an issue. Recruiting should not be either. The state of Georgia puts out a reasonable number of high quality football players, UGA has also never had a problem getting player there from neighboring state Florida which is one of the top three talent pools in the country (along with Texas and California.) They have also had success getting kids from all along the Atlantic seaboard states and also have had some success in Texas.

Georgia may not be one of the top 8-10 programs that are mentioned more often than not for title contention but they aren't far out of that range and winning it all isn't a stretch for them to consider.

Which is exactly why you don't fire a coach that wins you 10 + games every year.

Georgia has a debated national championship from 1942 and of course the 1980 championship. The point is, you don't fire a coach that wins you 10 or more games essentially every season. Good luck finding an adequate replacement in that scenario - you'd get what you deserve and end up with another Jim Donnan.

Which is exactly why you don't fire a coach that wins you 10 + games every year.

Except that's not enough for SEC schools. Georgia has watched Auburn, LSU, Alabama & Florida win national titles in just the past few years. They lose games at home that they feel they shouldn't (Arkansas & South Carolina in the past couples years), they got BLOWN OUT by Boise State on basically their home field and are on a losing streak in bowl games. I will full on admit that their whining after winning 10 games is hard to handle as a CU fan (what I wouldn't give for a 10 win season... aahhhh) but it's a different world down there. Richt is definitely safe through next season but without Bama & LSU on their schedule again, if they don't make SERIOUS noise in the national rankings with the talent they have coming back & coming in through recruiting, there are going to be some VERY upset Dawg fans.

Except that's not enough for SEC schools. Georgia has watched Auburn, LSU, Alabama & Florida win national titles in just the past few years. They lose games at home that they feel they shouldn't (Arkansas & South Carolina in the past couples years), they got BLOWN OUT by Boise State on basically their home field and are on a losing streak in bowl games. I will full on admit that their whining after winning 10 games is hard to handle as a CU fan (what I wouldn't give for a 10 win season... aahhhh) but it's a different world down there. Richt is definitely safe through next season but without Bama & LSU on their schedule again, if they don't make SERIOUS noise in the national rankings with the talent they have coming back & coming in through recruiting, there are going to be some VERY upset Dawg fans.

I'm not saying they won't end up firing him, I'm saying that firing him will be disastrous for their program. The precedent it sets for future hires when you fire a coach who is 106-37 with six top 10 finishes is deadly. If UGA fires Richt, they'll end up with someone who produces far worse results -- book it.

The bowl teams from Texas cleaned up this season. Undefeated 6-0 in a sweep.
A&M beat Northwestern
Baylor beat Washington
Houston beat Penn State
SMU beat Pittsburgh
TCU beat Louisiana Tech
Texas beat Cal

And the state of Texas hosted six bowl games; Alamo, Armed Forces, Cotton, Meineke Car Car, Sun, and Ticket City.
The Lone Star State would like to thank the college football world for money and your interest in Texas football.

We got our dicks punched. Hard.

Typical red-zone woes. Oh well....at least Walking Dead is starting soon.

Funny you say that- the next episode is titled "Nebraska". How allsome would it be if it featured a herd of zombie fuskers for the cast to blow up?

Funny you say that- the next episode is titled "Nebraska". How allsome would it be if it featured a herd of zombie fuskers for the cast to blow up?

I bet you the walkers offensively struggle to bite people and then their bullet defense falls apart towards the end of the episode.

Back