What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tom Thenell is the new head coach at Mullen

That is a very very interesting choice. I am fairly knowledgable in Thenell's coaching strategy and this could be interesting. He loves to throw the ball, so quarterbacks will be very interested to go to Mullen.

Yeah, this is not good news for us. Here is hoping Mullen falls off a cliff.

It's not like we got a lot of players from Mullen anyway. I don't think this is going to change much.

I don't think he will impact CU recruiting Mullen. Most coaches want what is best for their players...the school hate stuff is more for the fans.

Bear Creek sent some players to CU while Thenell was coach there. Shane Cook comes to mind (Shane is in Med School at CU right now).

I have always like Thenell as coach. Good offensive strategy for football, very loyal to his program and kids. His teams always appear to be prepared and he gets the most out of his talent.

Justin Holland really wanted to come to CU. However, as part of Ochs commiting, the program said they would stop the recruitment of Holland. I played for one of the BC teams that made it to the state finals. I don't think that he steered kids away from CU, but did open the door to CSU for underrecruited kids. Not a very good coach IMO. Doesn't care a thing about defense. They better get a top notch D Coordinator. I do think you will see Mullin become the place that the State's top QB's start to migrate. He can coach up a QB.

Uldis reference?

Cuando, I don't totally agree with you about Justin wanting to go to CU, at least I have never heard him admit it :lol:

Yeah, it was. I heard that from him. Growing up he was a huge CU fan. And I know that was true about the Ochs recruitment.

Back