What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tomato Soup

9. Tyson Summers and most of the defensive coaches absolutely need
to be replaced after this season (signed Duff Man).
Don't be an idot. Duff was in favor of one or two defensive staff getting replaced (and most of us are still on board with upgrading at least one defensive ac) - you're going full stupid with this hot take.

9. Tyson Summers and most of the defensive coaches absolutely need
to be replaced after this season (signed Duff Man).

10. Whatever this is:

I had very high hopes early on, but the terrible DL and in-state recruiting cannot be ignored.

I'll go on record now as saying Brumbaugh needs to be replaced by Tucker sooner than later.
Changes are badly needed on D to improve recruiting. No coaching staff on defense could have succeeded today with the injuries and the resulting lack of talent. With Mustafa, Sami, Maddox, Onu and Miller hurt, on an already thin defense, we were ****ed.
CU sucks! Thoroughly, completely disgracefully, humiliated. Welcome to a ****bag program Mel Tucker! You made a mistake ever taking the head coaching job here,. Mario Cristobal would fail here, too.

Next step (which is well underway) is to take recruits with no BCS offers and expect to get better.
Tucker‘s decision to continue to play Montez, regardless of the score and his horrific play, is incredibly obtuse and terrible coaching. I am off the bandwagon.
I think it’s easy to tell that the coaching is horrific on both sides of the ball.
Tucker should have never taken this job. He will seriously regret it because it will be his one and only opportunity to be a head coach.
I could be wrong, but I think Tucker is looking for a full time head coaching job. He won’t get another again at this level after CU - he will go back to being a DC for the rest of his career. He will be added to Hawkins, Embree and MacIntyre.

10. Whatever this is:

giphy.gif

Don't be an idot. Duff was in favor of one or two defensive staff getting replaced (and most of us are still on board with upgrading at least one defensive ac) - you're going full stupid with this hot take.

Duff is a great CU fan - one of the very, very best.

But, in this case, don't make excuses for him. He as adamant that we needed a new DC

He as adamant that we needed a new DC
Adamant I tell you, really, really adamant!
Summers as DC would be a pretty uninspired choice.
No other P5 team would have hired Michalowski or Tillman. Probably not Summers at DC either.

And even if I give the coaching a pass, the recruiting on that side of the ball is not good.
There is no way any CU fan can honestly say Summers is doing even a below average job at the moment. Plenty of other teams in rebuild mode show up most weeks.
Agree on moving Tillman and maybe Summers if the right hire is out there.
I doubt Johnson or Summers are going anywhere.

The most extreme comment was in the Arizona game thread ("below average job"). In game threads, extreme comments are par for the course, and I'm pretty sure every Buff fan wanted Summers fired during that game.

But you probably have a case because "maybe [move] Summers if the right hire is out there" sure sounds pretty adamant to me!

Last edited:
Back