What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tommy Tuberville to Cincinnati

IMHO it shows the total and compete moral bankruptcy of both Texas Tech and UC. Tech's AD should have fired Tubberville for cause after he assaulted an assistant on the sideline during the Kansas game, and the lied about it. UC is happily hiring a coach who assaulted an assistant on the sideline and then lied about it. Looks like UC likes duplicitous coaches with bad tempers.

I cannot help but wonder aloud why seemingly everyone else's AD appears to have a well planned contingency for a HC change and Bohn always looks like he is playing catchup....

I'm amazed so many people like Tuberville.
Tubby won at Ole Miss and Auburn...he is a solid HC. You wouldn't take a HC with a 62% win percentage all from three gigs at three different BCS schools? I would in a heartbeat.

Tubby won at Ole Miss and Auburn...he is a solid HC. You wouldn't take a HC with a 62% win percentage all from three gigs at three different BCS schools? I would in a heartbeat.

Tommy Tuberville of the early 2000s? Absolutely.

Tommy Tuberville present day? Nope.

Meh - did anyone want Tommy Tuberville?

Just because Cincy freaked out and grabbed a mediocre coach means nothing to me. I'm sure he'll do fine in a watered down Big East, though, because who can't beat Temple?

130-77 isn't exactly a mediocre coach.

Tommy Tuberville of the early 2000s? Absolutely.

Tommy Tuberville present day? Nope.

Tuberville since '08 season : 25-24. His touch in coordinators deserted him. None from that later time have moved up.

OR, something happened to him. Maybe that big fraud lawsuit he was involved in, has distracted him. People don't realize the emotional toll a lawsuit can have on you.

Last edited:
UC lost it's girlfriend right before prom, but still found a solid replacement. Big breasts, but somewhat beat. CU meanwhile is still playing hard to get. There's some hot options, but rumor has it they're mostly prudes.

Pretty shocked and amazed. TxTech is probably taking it like a desertion, divorce, when in fact they SHOULD be wink-wink'ing that he left on his own. A lot of those fans are, but I imagine the public-tone will be outrage.

Tub calculated his return to greatness could not come from TxTech, no matter what he did. He used to think only one team was important in that conference, and forgot about OU and Okie State, both of which have getting far more while everyone else gets far less. Tubs was so busy focused on burnt-orange herrings being dragged in front of him.

I wonder what excuse he'll use up in Cincy? I think Cincy made out pretty well, actually. Congrats, CPAW. He probably isn't going to keep Cincy very high for very long (I think he's got a 2-3 year shelf-life and, after that about Season 5, you'll wish he'd have left!

I expect Cincy to regret this hire. Soon, and deeply. Tubs simply isn't that great....

Pretty shocked and amazed. TxTech is probably taking it like a desertion, divorce, when in fact they SHOULD be wink-wink'ing that he left on his own. A lot of those fans are, but I imagine the public-tone will be outrage.

Tub calculated his return to greatness could not come from TxTech, no matter what he did. He used to think only one team was important in that conference, and forgot about OU and Okie State, both of which have getting far more while everyone else gets far less. Tubs was so busy focused on burnt-orange herrings being dragged in front of him.

I wonder what excuse he'll use up in Cincy? I think Cincy made out pretty well, actually. Congrats, CPAW. He probably isn't going to keep Cincy very high for very long (I think he's got a 2-3 year shelf-life and, after that about Season 5, you'll wish he'd have left!

Thanks Chuck, good hire for us, definitely. I don't think this was a long term hire for sure, this was a hire to get us to a conference and rally the fan base. We needed to show the ACC or anyone else that we are ready and willing to compete. Renovations to our stadium are to be announced next week as well. This turned out okay from our perspective.

I really am not sure why your AD has not grabbed Kingsbury by now, I would had liked him at UC! high powered offense to excite the fans, and young and energetic.

I don't see Kingsbury as a serious contender for any program that wants to advance. Too young, he has all of the downsides that Embree brought in, although he can point to some much higher points. Still, in day to day ops, he's way beneath Rookie Status. Give him 3 years or so and let him meet enough folks to know who he can work with and who he can't.

Tub's arrival in Cincy does what CPAW hopes: it offers his school a chance to continue in a solid - if less flashy - way into the next level of conferences. And tney moved QUICK. That's the amazing thing - apparently there was a 9 am call to TxTech asking permission, and a 10:30 am call from the coach saying he was gone! Wow.

But this is what an AD should have lined up - a set of candidates in mind, with some prior knowledge of situations, and then going after them. Everyone sees the step to Cincy from TxTech-Big 12 is down - to a lower-tier program and conference - but these are all tidal. The "down" is in reputation only, and rep is always distant history.

"What have you done for me lately?" is the only thing that matters.

Lubbock IS a tough place to find good things in, but making friends makes every place a lot better.

Boulder should be an infinitely better attraction than Lubbock. But this does throw open a big door with folks who have been told "You don't pay enough to be serious." Tub was a pale answer to that charge - now there's a chance that TxTech has opened up considerably more than $2.5mil. Lubbock doesn't have any of Boulder's scenery, but millions go a lot LOT further.

I'd say that any serious candidate that Bohn was looking at now has TxTech on their phone, too. And their agents wouldn't mind getting a larger dollar amount for a higher paycheck either.

Last edited:
Back