What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Toney Clemons!

seattlebuff

Signed by the Jags this week, made a 17-yard catch vs. Pats. Good to see a recent skill position Buff do something in the NFL. Always thought he could have been much better with the right QB.

That catch was insane. the crowd went wild. And then we lost... Got to talk to him after the game. Cool dude.

That catch was insane. the crowd went wild. And then we lost... Got to talk to him after the game. Cool dude.

I didn't see the catch, but sometimes a brilliant catch can propel a guy into a long career. See Smith, Rod.

Coaching

I guess I thought he figurred it out and became an NFL prospect in his senior year. I think coaching may have hindered him early on, but I believe he is one guy that benefited from the change to the Embree era. While it is poular to bash Embree and team right now, they did do some good things for alot of young men. Had the staff remained under Hawk, I don't know if he would have the opportunity hed has right now.

I guess I thought he figurred it out and became an NFL prospect in his senior year. I think coaching may have hindered him early on, but I believe he is one guy that benefited from the change to the Embree era. While it is poular to bash Embree and team right now, they did do some good things for alot of young men. Had the staff remained under Hawk, I don't know if he would have the opportunity hed has right now.

I would agree with this for the most part, he came on the second part of his senior year. The Hawkins bunch didn't seem to do him any favors, you have to wonder if he could do it at the end of his senior year why he couldn't do it earlier. He didn't all the sudden become talented.

I would agree with this for the most part, he came on the second part of his senior year. The Hawkins bunch didn't seem to do him any favors, you have to wonder if he could do it at the end of his senior year why he couldn't do it earlier. He didn't all the sudden become talented.

I guess I thought he needed to be knocked down a notch to realize what it took to apply his talent. One of my first year Embree likes was that he got him going in the right direction to go to the NFL. Had he remained under Hawk, I don't think that would have happened.

I think with a strong arm passer, he could have rivaled West Brook from his CU days. I am glad he is succeeding in the NFL. We now need to see PRich rehab that leg. With GT across from him we will have a dual threat for the first time in a while. I am excited at that position to have some ligitimate Pac 12 Talent.

Speaking of ex-Buff skill position players, seems like DJ Hackett with the Seahawks in 2007 was the last one to see any real playing time in the NFL. Chris Brown petered out around then too. Anybody else since then I'm missing?

I guess I thought he needed to be knocked down a notch to realize what it took to apply his talent. One of my first year Embree likes was that he got him going in the right direction to go to the NFL. Had he remained under Hawk, I don't think that would have happened.

I think with a strong arm passer, he could have rivaled West Brook from his CU days. I am glad he is succeeding in the NFL. We now need to see PRich rehab that leg. With GT across from him we will have a dual threat for the first time in a while. I am excited at that position to have some ligitimate Pac 12 Talent.

:huh:

I like Clemons and think he has talent but he has caught one pass. Lets hold off on proclaiming him a successful NFL player.

Ends the game with 4 targets, 2 catches, 24 yards, 0 TD, 0 fumbles.

Should be in decent shape going into training camp next year.

During last week's minicamp

3cf62308d7ae11e2801622000a1fb91e_7.jpg

Very cool. I really hope he ends up sticking in the NFL. He went through a metamorphosis with us during his last year. May be one of the few players we can point to as a success story under the Embree regime WRT actual improvement in attitude and performance.

Very cool. I really hope he ends up sticking in the NFL. He went through a metamorphosis with us during his last year. May be one of the few players we can point to as a success story under the Embree regime WRT actual improvement in attitude and performance.

He had really good position coaching under Kennedy.

In general, I believe that is true of the previous staff. They were good coaches and it will make HCMM's job easier. The real issues were with the lack of experience at the coordinator and HC levels, which caused worse problems than it normally would since there wasn't continuity of systems and the coaches hadn't been working together (as opposed to a situation like Shaw had where there was a lot of turnover at the top but he kept systems and there was much the same staff even if they were in new roles).

He had really good position coaching under Kennedy.

In general, I believe that is true of the previous staff. They were good coaches and it will make HCMM's job easier. The real issues were with the lack of experience at the coordinator and HC levels, which caused worse problems than it normally would since there wasn't continuity of systems and the coaches hadn't been working together (as opposed to a situation like Shaw had where there was a lot of turnover at the top but he kept systems and there was much the same staff even if they were in new roles).

Agree completely with this.

I like some others here (won't speak for everyone) am still mad about how JE handled his firing and agree that he and the staff had to be fired, the team was going the wrong way fast and they had no idea how to change it.

That said most of the individuals on that staff were very good position coaches, they simply lacked leadership and a cohesive plan from the top from a HC and coordinators who were in over their heads. I truly do wish them well in their futures.

TClem was a very talented kid who matured late. Kennedy did a very good job of sticking with him and helping him to come on at the end of his Buff career. In the right situation in the league he could have a very long and productive career.

Toney has always been a thoughtful guy. This takes it to the next level.

Karma to him and especially to little Maiyanna.

Good luck this training camp, Toney.

Back