What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tonight is letting me realize something.

str8jacket

When you have a strong Defense like OU does (have to admit guys, the reason we scored is because two of our biggest scoring drives started within our own 50) you CAN stop this chicken**** spread offense.

4 Times tonight Mizzou has been in the redzone and FOUR TIMES they have come out of it with nothing. Zip.....nada.

We CAN beat this team next year....hopefully our D will be more meshed this year....and maybe Dykes can make a play or two unlike this year :cry:

Just think about it, our D-Line WILL be better. Our LB corps should be better.......although Dizon is a HUGE loss to us. Our secondary is losing T-Wheat and thats it.

Maybe I'm being homeristic. But I'm really seeing this spread exposed tonight

It's not even defense. It's the DL. If you can get pressure with your front 4, you can eat this BS offense alive. OU is all over Daniel without blitzing, and when they do blitz, they're on him in 1 second.

It's not even defense. It's the DL. If you can get pressure with your front 4, you can eat this BS offense alive. OU is all over Daniel without blitzing, and when they do blitz, they're on him in 1 second.

I totally agree.....I really havent watched the whole game tonight since I just got off work but the 3rd quarter that D just looked like they shut Mizzou down.

Our D-line is lookin pretty good right now :thumbsup:

I totally agree.....I really havent watched the whole game tonight since I just got off work but the 3rd quarter that D just looked like they shut Mizzou down.

Our D-line is lookin pretty good right now :thumbsup:

DT is good for the Buffs, but the DEs have consistently underperformed all year.

DT is good for the Buffs, but the DEs have consistently underperformed all year.

Deep down I believe DE will be a better part of our Defense next year. We are losing just Alonzo Barrett and Lucas looked solid at times.

Then again, what do i know

On paper, the Buffs have some very good talent at DE. But look at Lucas. He epitomizes CU's DEs the past few years (except Abe Wright). He's got all the physical tools, but doesn't consistently put it together.

They are giving Daniel so many different looks tonight. I've seen a majority of our pressure coming from the D-Line *shrug* with a blitz thrown in here and there

On paper, the Buffs have some very good talent at DE. But look at Lucas. He epitomizes CU's DEs the past few years (except Abe Wright). He's got all the physical tools, but doesn't consistently put it together.

You are most likely right.

I just wanna see how this pans out. I'm keeping the faith :thumbsup:

You are most likely right.

I just wanna see how this pans out. I'm keeping the faith :thumbsup:

I'm optimistic. Like I said, they have all the talent they need, the guys just have to produce. I love the Hypo/Nicolas combo in the middle. Hopefully big George sticks around for his senior season. That will be a HUGE loss if he goes to the NFL after this season.

I'm optimistic. Like I said, they have all the talent they need, the guys just have to produce. I love the Hypo/Nicolas combo in the middle. Hopefully big George sticks around for his senior season. That will be a HUGE loss if he goes to the NFL after this season.

Hopefully he doesnt take too much stock in what Mel Kiper says about him.

Hypolite has a huge shot at being a 1st or 2nd round draft pick next year

Our D-line got a huge talent upgrade last recruiting cycle. Look for two big contributors next fall that we didn't see at all this year, Drew Hudgins and Conrad Obi. Hudgins was a 4* JC DE that got hurt, the only reason Obi lost his 4* status was because he sat out his senior season in HS. I am excited about the future of our lines on both sides of the ball, young and talented.

OU has very good talent and it's well coached.

Also, OU was just ready last night. They were fired up, they were amped, and they were prepared.

Back