What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tonight's Games

They deserve their shot. If Clemson wins out, they deserve to be looked at for an at-large BCS bid. Clemson is a top 10 team IMO, it's just that FSU is ridiculously good. The ACC certainly did FSU no favors by scheduling their trip to Blacksburg in November. Let's just say it's not a pleasant place for opposing teams -- I've been to Blacksburg in November many times and witnessed on separate occasions: snow, heavy snow, snow showers, sleet, freezing rain, 50 mph winds, 40 mph winds.

In addition to the game at Blacksburg, I think FSU also needs to watch out for the game at NCSU in 2 weeks. Talk about a potential land mine that nobody is talking about. And of course the Florida game at the end of the year but that's at home. If FSU and Oregon were to run the table I'd have to give the nod to FSU to play an undefeated Bama team due to their schedule. But that's also a long way off. Agree that Clemson looks like a legit top 10 team.

Loudest place I've ever been when it's rocking, which is a compliment coming from me because everyone knows I despise VT. I've been to my fair share of stadiums, but the way it's built (you will never find a steeper stadium) and the 66k they draw bring it. Pretty impressive considering its location. Most folks are driving 3+ hours from Richmond or NOVA. I'll never forget 2003 when they played aTm in the middle of Hurricane Isabel (which hit VA HARD) and they still drew over 63k for the game in torrential rain and wind. Texas A&M had to be wondering who the **** those people were. Blacksburg is easily the most isolated BCS campus aside from Pullman

Don't forget about Clemson, although the Greenville-Spartanburg area is pretty good sized and is probably closer to Clemson than Roanoke is to Blacksburg.

Back