What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Too bad we can't play Texas!

Those chosen players from texas sure quit this year mack must be pissed.
It is his fault he chose those players, maybe he should throw a few players in
from another state, im sure he could get whoever he wants.

1.The obsession is two-sided and you know it.
2. You guys sure are having a great season. Very consistent.
3. And you got your **** shoved in. And now you guys suck. Yes, the meltdown is in full force. Your t-shirt fans will find someone else to cheer for unless you get back to good quickly.

1. That’s the thing. Nearly everyone has rivalries and there is always going to be the banter and smack talk between the two sides. When you become aggy is when you cross the line into over the top obsession. There is no exact definition of this but you know it when you see it. You know it when you see the pattern. Certainly a hallmark of aggy behavior is talking about ut (or “tu”) when you’re actually playing someone else. Personally, I don’t like the way many ut fans have become aggy in their treatment of ou.
2. Texas has been phenomenally consistent over the last decade. Look at the records. They speak for themselves. I’ll take a bad year after a decade plus of the kind of results we’ve had. I could not be happier.
3. There is no question texas sucks this year. I don’t think you’ll find any argument from anyone there. Fair weather fans come and go, same as anywhere. If we have several down seasons you can be sure that they will find a new winner to root for. It’s ok.

Really an unbelievable season for one of the top 10 coaches with that much talent.:rolling_eyes: We already knew Radio was the only reason for the MNC, but now we find out how much more important Colt was than Mack.:lol:
It's easy to take that line. Give zero credit for the good and all of the blame for the bad. You can apply that to any coach or player. I once heard Mack address this "progression": first you're unproven, ithen if you win, you won with the players from the former coach, then if you continue to win consistently you can't win the big games, then if you win the big games you can't win a title, then if you win a title it was because of the players, not the coaching, you just got lucky, etc., etc.,

It's easy to take that line. Give zero credit for the good and all of the blame for the bad. You can apply that to any coach or player. I once heard Mack address this "progression": first you're unproven, ithen if you win, you won with the players from the former coach, then if you continue to win consistently you can't win the big games, then if you win the big games you can't win a title, then if you win a title it was because of the players, not the coaching, you just got lucky, etc., etc.,
I'll start believing that when Mack doesn't have twice the talent of anyone he lost to.

I'll start believing that when Mack doesn't have twice the talent of anyone he lost to.
Good point. I would say look Mack's record agaisnt top-25 teams. It's impressive. Look at the bowl wins against teams with equal or superior talent. Over the past decade plus texas has totally dominated the crappy teams and won more than our fair share agaisnt the best teams. What else can you ask for?

Second, the reason why we have talent is because of Mack. Pre-Mack it wasn't so great. That's probably the most important characteristic of a great college head coach, to bring in talent, the jimmys and the joes. Mack recruited the talent and has delivered the results for 10+ years. What more can you ask for?

The Texas team this year is a strange one. Loads of kids with talent, but no chemistry. The team doesn't have any leaders, especially on the offensive side of the ball. The media asked the QB the other day who's team this is, and he said "it's the seniors' team" No bueno...

The Texas team this year is a strange one. Loads of kids with talent, but no chemistry. The team doesn't have any leaders, especially on the offensive side of the ball. The media asked the QB the other day who's team this is, and he said "it's the seniors' team" No bueno...
I've yet so see a "leader" on a football team who is stinking it up on the field. You can act like a leader all you want, say all of the right things, but if you, the "leader", are not playing well then nobody will follow. I also question how much actual talent there is on the team. Not sure how many of these guys will be playign in the NFL in the future. Georgia and Cal have been great examples of average teams that put lots of guys in the NFL. I'm not sure this Texas teams fits that category (and we're not even average). I doubt one guy on the offensive side will play in the league. Throw in crappy coaching to all of that and you have lots of losses.

1. That’s the thing. Nearly everyone has rivalries and there is always going to be the banter and smack talk between the two sides. When you become aggy is when you cross the line into over the top obsession. There is no exact definition of this but you know it when you see it. You know it when you see the pattern. Certainly a hallmark of aggy behavior is talking about ut (or “tu”) when you’re actually playing someone else. Personally, I don’t like the way many ut fans have become aggy in their treatment of ou.
2. Texas has been phenomenally consistent over the last decade. Look at the records. They speak for themselves. I’ll take a bad year after a decade plus of the kind of results we’ve had. I could not be happier.
3. There is no question texas sucks this year. I don’t think you’ll find any argument from anyone there. Fair weather fans come and go, same as anywhere. If we have several down seasons you can be sure that they will find a new winner to root for. It’s ok.

You sure talk a lot about Aggy. Even when you're not playing them.

Yes, I'm urging you not to be aggy when I see it here, which is all too frequent.

Okay. Just so I'm clear. Longhorns apply the term "aggy"--the mascot of one of their rivals--to any behavior that seems unusually obsessive in regards to hating a another team.

And you seriously can't see how aggy that is? It drips with hypocricy.

I don't know how many ways I can point it out to you.

Okay. Just so I'm clear. Longhorns apply the term "aggy"--the mascot of one of their rivals--to any behavior that seems unusually obsessive in regards to hating a another team.

And you seriously can't see how aggy that is? It drips with hypocricy.

I don't know how many ways I can point it out to you.

Dude stop talking about aggy we arent even playing them. Sheeesh!

Dude stop talking about aggy we arent even playing them. Sheeesh!

Playing whom? Aggy? Those guys with their crazy backwards aggy antics, always doing aggy yell practice, and aggy bonfires and the aggy elephant walk. Can you believe how much aggy obsesses over the longhorns? So aggy...

Maybe he's a special kind of aggy. Like sand aggies (tech), or mountain aggies (CSU). he's a whornaggy. The kind of aggy that is obsessed with people being obsessed with the whorns.

The weird thing is that the UT talk around here is usually non-existant. Other than the time right around all the conference realignment talk, It only really started up once whornaggy showed up.

How aggy.

Playing whom? Aggy? Those guys with their crazy backwards aggy antics, always doing aggy yell practice, and aggy bonfires and the aggy elephant walk. Can you believe how much aggy obsesses over the longhorns? So aggy...

Is there something you're just not ready to admit yet?

Maybe he's a special kind of aggy. Like sand aggies (tech), or mountain aggies (CSU). he's a whornaggy. The kind of aggy that is obsessed with people being obsessed with the whorns.

The weird thing is that the UT talk around here is usually non-existant. Other than the time right around all the conference realignment talk, It only really started up once whornaggy showed up.

How aggy.

Hornbuff UT response in 5...4...3...2...1

"Blah aggy blah blah Mack Browns penis taste like a cheese danish..blah...aggy"

You know, I spend some time on Shaggy, and they spend a lot of time talking about Aggy. A lot. But when aTm guys visit this site they've never mentioned the Longhorns.

Now Hornaggy shows up (rep to you for that BTW) and starts throwing out "Aggy this" and "Aggy that". Coupled witht he monumental meltdown that can be witnessed on Texas fan chat sites, I really thing the Longhorns are the new Aggy.

he seems like a CSU aggy to me. who else is so obsessed with CU to come on our message board and talk about CU other than a CSU aggy? for a texas fan to come here with all the problems the texas program is having this year would be a bit pathetic. dont you think? that reeks of CSU aggy to me.

pathetic behavior like that has CSU aggy written all over it.

You know, I spend some time on Shaggy, and they spend a lot of time talking about Aggy. A lot. But when aTm guys visit this site they've never mentioned the Longhorns.

Now Hornaggy shows up (rep to you for that BTW) and starts throwing out "Aggy this" and "Aggy that". Coupled witht he monumental meltdown that can be witnessed on Texas fan chat sites, I really thing the Longhorns are the new Aggy.

Wouldnt that make them whorny?

Who put hornaggy back in the green? Now I'll have to SSR before I can drop him back down to aggy red.

Back