What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top 10 program rumored to be in NCAA crosshairs

Anthony Wallace is what I have heard as well. At Arkansas we thought we had him locked down. Named us his leader, had us there for several months, and was all but ours. Suddenly takes a visit to Oregon, a school he hadn't mentioned at all, and commits there shortly thereafter. Then there is the Seastrunk stuff as well.

Anthony Wallace is what I have heard as well. At Arkansas we thought we had him locked down. Named us his leader, had us there for several months, and was all but ours. Suddenly takes a visit to Oregon, a school he hadn't mentioned at all, and commits there shortly thereafter. Then there is the Seastrunk stuff as well.

Makes me wonder why we really lost Diante Jackson.

Boulder Buff is saying he heard it's tied to Texas recruiting.

Lache Seastrunk was tied to a street agent. He was a 5* and had a major offer list, but most programs backed off. He only tripped to Cal and Oregon, signing with the Ducks. There was talk about him transferring and Kelley granting an unconditional release. Not sure what has happened, but this could be the situation to watch.

You can mix LaMichael James in as well. That was around when he spurned all the Texas schools for Oregon. Seastrunk is the real glaring example. Everybody backed off this kid except Oregon.

Would this hurt our TV negotiations if our two biggest names are on probation? I'm actually kinda hoping for Alabama or something like that instead of Oregon for this reason.

If somebody tells me we still get our $$$$$, then let Oregon burn!!!!

I'm guessing Cowherd doesn't know what he's talking about. That seems to be sort of his business. If it was Oregon they would have heard from the NCAA by now (and John Canzano up there knows what he's talking about).

Seastrunk supposedly never goes to class and is failing out of school. I do not know this to be a fact, but that is the scuttlebutt.

Also, you guys have to realize how insane Oregon's facilities are, and how that can affect a 17-18 year old kid (especially when they just played in the NCG as well)

http://www.oregongridiron.com/facilities.html

And here's the next thing Uncle Phil is building for them: http://www.businessinsider.com/oregon-unveils-plans-for-a-41m-football-facility-2010-11

That's true, and I won't argue that Oregon has great facilities. However, Arkansas' are pretty damned impressive too. http://web.thisisarkansasfootball.com/website/

Check out the facilities tab on the top of that site. And what we have broken ground on and will have in the next two years.
http://arkansasnews.com/2010/10/28/arkansas-unveils-plans-for-football-operations-center/
http://arkansasnews.com/2011/01/20/blog-new-drawings-of-football-operations-center/

My thing about Wallace was that he didn't even have them listed, he had a solid Top 3 with Arkansas as his leader. We had been on him for over two years and suddenly, Oregon visit out of nowhere and commitment. The fact that we completely dropped him after that too makes me think something fishy was going on. I mean goes the same for Jackson at CU and how strange that was.

all the sec schools have ridiculous facilities. I've seen arkansas's and they are ridiculous. The difference is, at best, minimal. There is only so much more you can buy with money.

I think it's USC, but not for anything they did but for what Kiffen did while at Tennessee. In this case, I think the NCAA is looking to try to penalize the coach and not just the program(like they did when they hit UW with penalties for violations that Slick did while here at CU). There's been too many cases of coaches coloring outside the lines to get short term success and then bolting just before the NCAA lays sanctions down leaving the school paying the penalty while the coach remains largely untarnished (Pete Carroll anyone?). There's not much the NCAA can do if the coach heads to the NFL but if they stay in college football the NCAA is going to try to hold them accountable. I think the NCAA is going to try to make an example of Kiffen and USC to send a message to all Universities that if you hire a douche bag coach you may have to pay for his previous sins.

I'm guessing USC or Tennessee. THey have one thing in common.
Tennessee will defintely get a reduction of scholarships thanks to Lane. Might be nothing compared to what's comming down for USC.
The NCAA is a joke - USC might get off lightly because of it's $.

The big rumor today is that it is indeed USC. Everyone thought it was Oregon (presumably b/c they interviewed D'Anthony "Black Mamba" Thomas) but he tweeted that it was about USC (he was a longtime commit there and switched at the last minute).

"@theblaccster JUST GOT. OUT OF A MEETING WIT THE NCAA PEOPLE MAN IT FELT LIKE I WAS TALKING TO THE POLICE"

"@theblaccster IT WAS A MEETING ABOUT USC"

"@theblaccster AND I'M NOT EVEN GOING THERE"

Interesting thread. So will $C be burned to the ground, will they hire D II to put wind under their wings? Inquiring minds want to know...

You know, I do not like USC but (if true it's SC) this couldn't help our TV contract negotiations. I was really hoping for a team outside the PAC12.

You know, I do not like USC but (if true it's SC) this couldn't help our TV contract negotiations. I was really hoping for a team outside the PAC12.

Yeah, if it happens to $c it could get a little dicey. Now, if the new Commish digs his way out of that tar pit, they should build 12 statues of him and place one at each of the schools.

If it's USC, the fact that they thumbed their nose at the NCAA with the recruiting class they just signed isn't going to help a bit.

The South is wide open for us if penalties get stacked on top of the existing ones.

this is not good for CU, imho. the p10 already has a reputation challenge in terms of the quality of the football with the east coast media. even though, practically every year, the p10 kicks the **** out of other bcs conferences in terms of head to head meetings and bowl wins.

this will not help with that perception if they end up smacking oregon hard. also, keep in mind that the p10 has fewer bowl tie-in and more league games than we are used to, so there are more chances to get left out of the bowl picture and/or not have enough wins to qualify.

also, keep in mind that the p12 is trying to negotiate a tv deal right now. if ou and usc are both down, it impacts the tv money for everyone.

also, keep in mind that, one of the big reasons that there was nearly universal support at CU for this move was the perception that the p12 is a cleaner and more academically-oriented conference than the b12 and that there were fewer football factories. this doesn't help maintain that consensus.

i don't think we should be rooting for a p12 school to get hit by the ncaa right now.

I would love to see USC go down hard any loss in TV revenue would be easily made up in improved recruiting and Bowl payouts.

I think if anything Colorado is now a boon the the 12 Pac. Many "east coast" bias people do know that not long ago Colorado was a premier program in a premier "smash mouth" conference. We may be able to step into this mess and just dominate from the get go, if USC is in big trouble. As we all know so well, Colorado is 2nd all time in wins in the conference even though we are coming from a conference where we had to deal with 2-3 football superpowers on an annual basis in OU, NU, UT. If Embree can get this ship turned around, this could get really good.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6179423

Sources close to the inquiry told ESPN.com that NCAA officials are taking a closer look at Oregon's recruitment of running back Lache Seastrunk, a redshirt freshman from Temple, Texas, who was one of the country's most highly recruited prospects in 2010. Specifically, the NCAA is asking what role Texas-based trainer Willie Lyles played in Seastrunk's decision to attend Oregon, the sources said.

Oregon athletics department spokesman Dave Williford confirmed to ESPN.com on Thursday that Oregon paid Lyles $25,000 for his recruiting services. Oregon's payment to Lyles was made shortly after Seastrunk signed a national letter of intent in February 2010 to play football for the Ducks, choosing them over California, LSU and USC.

I think if anything Colorado is now a boon the the 12 Pac. Many "east coast" bias people do know that not long ago Colorado was a premier program in a premier "smash mouth" conference. We may be able to step into this mess and just dominate from the get go, if USC is in big trouble. As we all know so well, Colorado is 2nd all time in wins in the conference even though we are coming from a conference where we had to deal with 2-3 football superpowers on an annual basis in OU, NU, UT. If Embree can get this ship turned around, this could get really good.

I feel like this is the first of like 3 posts that conclude with you predicting a national championship for Colorado next year.

You are buying into the media bias from the last decade about the Pac being "USC and the Nine Dwarves". It is not the case.

How quickly people forget that the Pac had two teams that finished last season in the Top 5. Neither were USC.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure USC would have been in there as well if they used your "all time wins" metric in the BCS algorithm.

No one has mentioned Florida. I have heard for a couple of years how unprincipled and cheap Urban Meyer was in recruiting. And the school has been a top ten team. Finally, does anyone really believe Meyer left for health or whatever?

Back