What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top games by decade

it was Pinkney, McGarrity was a converted running back so he was like 6'. Yall remember the Cash brothers from the '94 Texas team I think?

What made Salaam so special at college? Why didn't he do well in the NFL?

He basically ran "upright", couldn't duck and deliver a hit. When he got to the league, he got punished. If he got into open field, his speed was enough to break huge gains, but he just didn't have the skills to be an every down back for any length of time.

What about the (can't remember which) late 70's/early 80's game in Folsom where the Buffs shocked a #2 (or #3) boomer team, 20-14? Remember the reverse (to Campbell???) that was controversial as to whether his foot was out at the one or he broke the goal line? I remember the game and big play, but the other details elude me.

What about the (can't remember which) late 70's/early 80's game in Folsom where the Buffs shocked a #2 (or #3) boomer team, 20-14? Remember the reverse (to Campbell???) that was controversial as to whether his foot was out at the one or he broke the goal line? I remember the game and big play, but the other details elude me.

ya, I already have that in there if you would have read it.:rolleyes::smile2:

i doubt Jeff Campbell was on that CU team if he was also being Nebraska in 86.

I still remember the 1990 CU-Norte Dame game in the Orange Bowl...just about everyone had a heart attack when Rocket Ismail returned the punt for a TD before it was called back. That game should be #1 for any Buff fan and 62-36 has to be #2 because we burst their invincibility bubble that evening. Husker fan hasn't recovered fully just yet.

I still remember the 1990 CU-Norte Dame game in the Orange Bowl...just about everyone had a heart attack when Rocket Ismail returned the punt for a TD before it was called back. That game should be #1 for any Buff fan and 62-36 has to be #2 because we burst their invincibility bubble that evening. Husker fan hasn't recovered fully just yet.

IMO, I would rank two other NU games over the 62-36 game, hell maybe 3.

1. CU 20 NU 10. That was the turning point for CU football, hadn't beaten NU since '67. Huge monkey off the back and opened the doors for recruiting and the buffs success in the 90's.

2. CU 27 NU 21. #2 vs. #3, both undefeated, biggest game in Boulder. Never had there been more at stake than this game.

3. CU 62 Nu 36. This was sweet, but had more to do with the destruction of Nu football than great things at CU.

3. CU 27 Nu 12. First win in Lincoln since '67. NU found out that #1 Virginia had lost while the huskers had lead. All they had to do was hold on to lead for 1 more qtr and the #1 ranking qould be theirs. EB scores 4 4th qtr TD's for huge buff win and back to Orange bowl.

Unleash Hell, I have been a Buff fan since '88 and I'd have been too young to recall the 1986 game even if I was a Buff fan at the time. I wouldn't have been able to comprehend how big of a deal that game was like I can with the 2001 game. And thanks for reminding me about the 1990 CU-NU game which would be #3 on my list.

What made Salaam so special at college? Why didn't he do well in the NFL?

Salaam was the best back on an unbelievable college team that ran extremely well, hence the Heisman. Not to take anything away from his '94 season, but we've had alot of backs who would have had a similar season on that squad.

Salaam had 1,000+ yds and 10 TDs as a rookie in the NFL, but he got less and less aggressive and fumbled more and more... in related news, he was pretty well known to have smoked alot of ganja.

like who? start listing them.

EB and Brown were the closest.

In 1990, Bieniemy rushed for 1,628 yards, and he missed the season opener against Tennessee. His replacement was Mike Pritchard in that game and Pritch ran for over 200 yards. It would have been a stretch, btu had EB played, he could have been very very close to 2,000 that season.

In 2002, Chris brown was on pace to shatter 2,000 yards. He was at 1,744 yards with three games remaining when he got injured. He did not play the final 3 games, but he would have gotten 2,000 had he played those games. Brown had a similar game to what Salaam did against Texas, Brown rushed for 309 yards against Kansas.

Trying to make the football season get here faster, so I will try to start some hopefully good stuff to discuss and debate.

5. 1972 #9 CU 20 #2 Oklahoma 14. CU has had better luck against OU than NU historically.

cu vs OU 17-39-2 .31%
NU vs OU 37-44-3 .45%

If that's better historically than I need a math class.

Trying to make the football season get here faster, so I will try to start some hopefully good stuff to discuss and debate.

5. 1972 #9 CU 20 #2 Oklahoma 14. CU has had better luck against OU than NU historically.

cu vs OU 17-39-2 .31%
NU vs OU 37-44-3 .45%

hey dumbass...he meant CU's record v. ou is better than CU's record v. nu historically.

not that our record against either team is anything to be proud of.

but at least CU doesn't produce total dumbasses...

Last edited:
hey dumbass...he meant CU's record v. ou is better than CU's record v. nu historically.

not that our record against either team is anything to be proud of.

but at least CU doesn't produce total dumbasses...
U got me, now you can brag at work tomorrow that you put a NU fan in his place.

cu vs OU 17-39-2 .31%
NU vs OU 37-44-3 .45%

Your math appears to be adequate, but you might consider a remedial reading comprehension course.

cu vs OU 17-39-2 .31%
NU vs OU 37-44-3 .45%

Thats not what I meant. I meant CU has had better luck against OU than CU has had against NU.

Example, CU beat OU a couple times in the 70's but never beat NU. CU swept OU in the 90's, but only had 1 win against NU.

Last edited:
Back