What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top QB Recruit for 2014

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
Anyone know who our top target is for QB in the 2014 class? Feels like Embree screwed up a lot of the QB recruiting w- transfers etc. but he did get Dillon and Sefo who may have the right stuff.

Very curious who this staff goes after with their first QB recruiting effort, given their plans for the offense and their existing recruiting ties. I hope they go after and get a legit Pac 12 qb.

The recruit file index is a good place to get an idea of possible targets.

Kind of a weak year for pocket passer style QBs out west, should be interesting to see what Mac and crew do.

I suspect we will pull in a 3 star athlete type. He will have the measureables but won't be the type of guy we see an immediate impact from.

I wouldn't mind seeing us work our way all the way up to average, when it somes to our QB evolution. You know, develop technique and knowledge until you can beat out the quality, older guys ahead of you. We seem to have at least a RS freshman and an incoming freshman who most are able to put some hope in. The three guys ahead of them (at least academically) probably aren't the 'wastes of flesh' we've grown to believe they are, and could surprise.

Getting a high profile kid to commit next year would signal a possible return to normalcy - as we older folks new it. If the offense shows flashes of what SJSU did last year, I imagine recruiting will pick up a bunch.

I suspect we will pull in a 3 star athlete type. He will have the measureables but won't be the type of guy we see an immediate impact from.

Well I sure hope we are not recruiting QBs with hopes of immediate impact anymore. Usually a recipe for disaster. I know some hope Sefo shines enough to earn PT next year but I am not one of them. I am praying DIllon proves to be close to as good as advertised and the others can serve as backups while Sefo RS. I hope.

I think you are wrong. Coach Mac likes athletes, but at QB, I think they are very particular about their guy. Look for a quick release and very accurate passer. May be undersized even. Sort of the type of QB that Leach recruited while at TT. I would not expect a physical specimen type who can also play RB, DB or LB. I'd expect a guy who can throw the ball, under pressure, accurately.

I think you are wrong. Coach Mac likes athletes, but at QB, I think they are very particular about their guy. Look for a quick release and very accurate passer. May be undersized even. Sort of the type of QB that Leach recruited while at TT. I would not expect a physical specimen type who can also play RB, DB or LB. I'd expect a guy who can throw the ball, under pressure, accurately.

Hopefully, like with Leach, it's a system that's easy to pick up and execute. No more NFL style decision trees with the QB & receivers needing to be on the same page with site adjustments. We've had that for the past 7 years and it doesn't work very well unless you've got a senior QB who has been in the system along with experienced receivers.

I guess we will have to wait and see. I still think Athlete type QB this year who we can develop. I don't see alot of higher end pocket passer types wanting to get in line to compete with Sefo and Dillon. At least I wouldn't recommend to my kid to go there with two young guys possibly in front of you already.

Pretty sure according to TOOS we have a couple of recent offers out to a couple of QBs in Texas as well. In fact, for how much Coach MacIntyre said they were going to treat Cali as in state, I'm pleasantly surprised with the number of Texas offers they already have out.

Anyone know who our top target is for QB in the 2014 class? Feels like Embree screwed up a lot of the QB recruiting w- transfers etc. but he did get Dillon and Sefo who may have the right stuff.

Very curious who this staff goes after with their first QB recruiting effort, given their plans for the offense and their existing recruiting ties. I hope they go after and get a legit Pac 12 qb.

"Of you're a perfectionist. Flashes of Quincy!"

Name the quote

I guess we will have to wait and see. I still think Athlete type QB this year who we can develop. I don't see alot of higher end pocket passer types wanting to get in line to compete with Sefo and Dillon. At least I wouldn't recommend to my kid to go there with two young guys possibly in front of you already.

Although we put a lot of value on our two young QBs, they don't pose anything daunting compared to even an average BCS team (having not yet played).

BCS teams take a QB per year and most have a depth chart with more highly recruited guys.

Our depth chart is a selling pt at QBs. Not to mention that these things have little impact on kids decisions. They should not fear competition and most don't fear it.

Again, very important to emphasize that it is very early in the process as it relates to quarterbacks. Most coaches want to see these guys throw and evaluate them in-person later this spring. Not many "can't miss" prospects out West this year, but lots of guys who could eventually be quality PAC-12 starters. The QB board is going to take some time to shake out. We will have a much better idea of where we stand in late May/early June.

Back