What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tragic Story Syracuse Coach Jim Boeheim strikes and kills man with his car

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...im-fatally-strikes-man-interstate-his-n973996

Sounds like weather related and entirely accidental.

Regardless of circumstances I would hate to have something like this on my mind.

I was driving in DC in Georgetown. A very attractive young lady walked into the middle of traffic whilst wearing airpods and ignoring my honking (I had a green light to go). My vehicle’s emergency breaking system stopped the vehicle and me from killing her. She looked at me like I was crazy. Then, I pointed to the green light and kept going.

I was driving in DC in Georgetown. A very attractive young lady walked into the middle of traffic whilst wearing airpods and ignoring my honking (I had a green light to go). My vehicle’s emergency breaking system stopped the vehicle and me from killing her. She looked at me like I was crazy. Then, I pointed to the green light and kept going.

With people being distracted by their devices this is going to be much more common. She is lucky that you had the braking system on the car and you were driving in a reasonable manner.

When these things happen it doesn't matter who is at fault, we still have someone dead or injured. Not something that most people can just ignore and go on with.

I hit a pedestrian turning left out of the Arapahoe Village parking lot (where Safeway is), turning into a blinding sunset. Never saw her. I had the green arrow and she was drunk, running into the crosswalk against the light. Broke her ribs and her hip. Unbelievably terrifying. She kept trying to get up, telling me she was sorry, and I had to try to convince her to stay still and wait for the ambulance. She was charged with crossing against a Don't Walk sign. I sent her flowers at the hospital.

Then, she had an attorney get the crosswalk charges dropped, and tried to sue me. Unfortunately for her I had the names of the paramedics that showed up, and her admit to being drunk and trying to beat traffic. That's sometimes what you get for trying to help someone who's hurt. Word to the wise; always make sure you solidify your witnesses.

Last edited:
A HS classmate of mine ran over two little kids who darted in front of the car. My classmate was exonerated legally. But those two kids deaths weighed heavily. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I got hit by a car in Spain when I was drunk and crossing a road illegally. Luckily I was mostly uninjured (I just tweaked my knee a bit) and the bottle of wine I was carrying did not break.
I almost killed a drunk that stumbled in front of me the other day. I jerked the steering wheel at the last second. Lucky for him I was distracted at the time.

I hit a pedestrian turning left out of the Arapahoe Village parking lot (where Safeway is), turning into a blinding sunset. Never saw her. I had the green arrow and she was drunk, running into the crosswalk against the light. Broke her ribs and her hip. Unbelievably terrifying. She kept trying to get up, telling me she was sorry, and I had to try to convince her to stay still and wait for the ambulance. She was charged with crossing against a Don't Walk sign. I sent her flowers at the hospital.

Then, she had an attorney get the crosswalk charges dropped, and tried to sue me. Unfortunately for her I had the names of the paramedics that showed up, and her admit to being drunk and trying to beat traffic. That's sometimes what you get for trying to help someone who's hurt. Word to the wise; always make sure you solidify your witnesses.
My last semester at CU, I was driving my roommates car for some crazy reason, as I had my own. I didn't know the turning radius, so on a green arrow, I turned left on the street, but made a u-turn sort of in the cross walk to then set up a right hand turn going back the other direction. It was at night, and a CU student on a bike tried to cut in behind me against the light. I ended up turning in to him and tossing him up on the hood as I couldn't quite stop all the way (probably going 5 MPH). He was pretty banged up and in a lot of pain, but really just bumps and bruises. His mountain bike was totalled. He admitted to the cops at the scene we was:
1) Biking on the side walk
2) Tried to cross without a cross walk signal because I had the green arrow - he was trying to cut behind me.

A few days later, the cops called me and told me to come to the station and pick up my traffic citation. I asked for what. He couldn't tell me. I explained the facts and told him he was wrong. He said they would get back to me. I never heard from Boulder PD again.

As for the student, we exchanged numbers. I was graduating in a few weeks, and didn't have a use for my bike any more. I offered to give it to him. Two weeks later he called me back and asked me for money and threatened to sue me. In his mind, since I gave him the bike I was admitting guilt. I told him to **** off. I never heard from him again.

What a great way to wrap up my last month at CU before entering the real world!

Life is full of things that happen that fade from memory. But some things happen that are seared into one’s mind forever.

We were living in Vegas. I was 18 or 19 and driving to a friend’s house. It was in a neighborhood in which cars were parked along the sidewalk.

I noticed 2 ladies talking in the front yard. Then, out of the corner of my eye I saw this little head just above the hood of a parked car quickly moving toward the street and this little guy emerged and ran in front of my car.

I slammed on the brakes and swerved at the same time and went into a slightly skewed skid and stopped just short of the kid. I heard a loud scream as the mom saw what happened and she ran into the street, grabbed her kid and looked at me yelling, “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”

I’ll never forget. Oh yeah, and the street was San Angelo Ave. Named after my home town from which we’d just moved.

In college I once backed into a blind lady walking lost through a dark alley behind my house. She said her hip hurt a little but she was lost trying to get home. I walked her to her apartment like 3 blocks away and never heard from her again

In college I once backed into a blind lady walking lost through a dark alley behind my house. She said her hip hurt a little but she was lost trying to get home. I walked her to her apartment like 3 blocks away and never heard from her again
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to sleep with a blind woman?

My last semester at CU, I was driving my roommates car for some crazy reason, as I had my own. I didn't know the turning radius, so on a green arrow, I turned left on the street, but made a u-turn sort of in the cross walk to then set up a right hand turn going back the other direction. It was at night, and a CU student on a bike tried to cut in behind me against the light. I ended up turning in to him and tossing him up on the hood as I couldn't quite stop all the way (probably going 5 MPH). He was pretty banged up and in a lot of pain, but really just bumps and bruises. His mountain bike was totalled. He admitted to the cops at the scene we was:
1) Biking on the side walk
2) Tried to cross without a cross walk signal because I had the green arrow - he was trying to cut behind me.

A few days later, the cops called me and told me to come to the station and pick up my traffic citation. I asked for what. He couldn't tell me. I explained the facts and told him he was wrong. He said they would get back to me. I never heard from Boulder PD again.

As for the student, we exchanged numbers. I was graduating in a few weeks, and didn't have a use for my bike any more. I offered to give it to him. Two weeks later he called me back and asked me for money and threatened to sue me. In his mind, since I gave him the bike I was admitting guilt. I told him to **** off. I never heard from him again.

What a great way to wrap up my last month at CU before entering the real world!
I would say you entered the real world of month early.

Back