What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Transfer that Boyle is targeting?

Is it too early to tag Gordon with a nickname?

The Commissioner would go along nicely with the Mayor.

Great question. You should start a new thread on this.

Here's an original.

Flash - a-ah - saviour of the universe
Flash - a-ah - he'll save everyone of us
Flash - a-ah - he's a miracle
Flash - a-ah - king of the impossible

Is it too early to tag Gordon with a nickname?

The Commissioner would go along nicely with the Mayor.

Well, since his name is Wesley and he eerily looks like Wesley Snipes with that hi-top fade, I think "Blade" would be an extremely fitting nickname.

Can't wait to see Gordon next year. I hope we target a big man. Some one with bulk. I felt that the team was easily pushed around by more physical teams.

I think Gordon will be excellent on defense and very raw on offense. I hope he can be as productive as Dre was as frosh. That would be great. We don't need someone to replace Dre's production. We need a few guys to get there. I actually think our offense will be better with all the options we will have.

What's missing?

I think this team really needs a big bruiser (250+ pounds) that can score off putbacks, set good screens, boxout, give 5 hard fouls, etc. Tunks never could do that except set screens, but I would love a guy like Black from Memphis.

Or even a player like CSU's Iverson...Boyle's teams have trouble with teams with a lot of strenth/size (UCLA last two years, Baylor in 2012 with Perry jones, Quincy Miller, Quincy Acy, ASU's annoying 7'2 guy, USC's three 7 footers, etc). Maybe it is Boyle's system to have a leaner bigs so he can run the floor?

How about Angelo Chol? He's transferring.

I think that this is a good example of having an overabundance of talent on a team ... not enough minutes to go around. Don't get me wrong ... this is not an all bad problem to have. But it is a demonstration that managing egos and minutes can be an important part of being a high level basketball coach. I doubt that he comes to CU, but a guy like him on the team now would help us.

I'm not sure I would support too many interconference transfers but I can't pretend I am not intrigued.

Is there a rule limiting him from transferring to a Pac 12 school? I would love to have him. Tons of potential and a great athlete. Boyle is great at turning projects to contributors!

wow. chol always was a beast against us. should be interesting to see if he blossoms at a different school

I really hope Boyle goes after a grad transfer. I believe there has to be one decent player out there that can help our team. Moser would be a great replacement for Roberson except I think he will go to Oregon or Washington.

Is there a rule limiting him from transferring to a Pac 12 school? I would love to have him. Tons of potential and a great athlete. Boyle is great at turning projects to contributors!

i'm not sure if its a hard line rule, but it is the norm/customary that when a D1 player transfers out of a school, his release is allowed to any non conference team and one they won't play in OOC.

i'm not sure if its a hard line rule, but it is the norm/customary that when a D1 player transfers out of a school, his release is allowed to any non conference team and one they won't play in OOC.

That was the limitation Memphis put on the kid who transferred out this year in exchange for the release.

Pretty sure there is a general PAC-12 rule that if you transfer within the conference you have to sit out a year and you lose a year of eligibility and you can't get athletic aid $ for the year off.

With a scholarship open there is literally no reason why we shouldn't add a transfer, preferably someone who's eligible right away. And considering the current state of the program there is zero reason why Boyle shouldn't be able to attract a quality player. He needs to get this done, no excuses.

Peering into my crystal ball i'm sure he won't go after anyone, Mike Moiser will end up at Oregon, will tear us up when we play them, in his post-game comments Boyle we remark about what a great player he is and then I will sit back on my couch (next to a hottie of course) and think to myself, "wait, so why didn't you purse him?" I will be left without rational answers to this question and will ponder the wisdom of our coach and humanity in general.

With a scholarship open there is literally no reason why we shouldn't add a transfer, preferably someone who's eligible right away. And considering the current state of the program there is zero reason why Boyle shouldn't be able to attract a quality player. He needs to get this done, no excuses.

Peering into my crystal ball i'm sure he won't go after anyone, Mike Moiser will end up at Oregon, will tear us up when we play them, in his post-game comments Boyle we remark about what a great player he is and then I will sit back on my couch (next to a hottie of course) and think to myself, "wait, so why didn't you purse him?" I will be left without rational answers to this question and will ponder the wisdom of our coach and humanity in general.
you think in absolutes a lot. Attempt to, anyways.

Let's count the number of logic flaws here...

Some fans (not Nik) will always be unfriendly and egotistical though whether it is Colorado or somewhere else even on a message board.

Like some exclusive all boys network or whateva where a girl gets no respect and gets a post moved (when the other Dre post wasn't even initially focusing on his draft decision) even though she is learning from some of the best and knows hoops.

Just wrong...

I will check out forever...

So you feel as though Allbuffs is an exclusive boys network where a girl gets no respect but you then whine (like a little girl some might say) because a post was moved (which is a common practice on here regardless of the poster's gender)? Not only do your actions not help the cause but they actually have the exact opposite effect in that your just perpetuating negative stereotypes about women which in turn may lead to people on here, gee I don't know, not giving respect to women?

With a scholarship open there is literally no reason why we shouldn't add a transfer (1), preferably someone who's eligible right away (2). And considering the current state of the program there is zero reason why Boyle shouldn't be able to attract a quality player (3). He needs to get this done, no excuses (4).

Peering into my crystal ball i'm sure he won't go after anyone (5), Mike Moiser will end up at Oregon (6), will tear us up when we play them (7), in his post-game comments Boyle we remark about what a great player he is and then I will sit back on my couch (next to a hottie of course)(943) and think to myself, "wait, so why didn't you purse him?" (944) I will be left without rational answers to this question and will ponder the wisdom of our coach and humanity in general (945).

Let's count the number of logic flaws here...

By my count 945 of them.

J-R-K is so incredibly unlikable that he just has to be putting us on, right? C'mon dude, you got us! Time to come clean.

You're a new CU basketball fan, aren't you? I can't imagine anyone who just went through the final Patton years and Bzdelik years to have this attitude.

JRK,

I hope you are just questioning strategy here.

Because it reads like you're suggesting that Tad is either being lazy or incompetent. You can't think that he doesn't recognize the value of an elite transfer or that he is shying away from a recruiting fight.

JRK,

I hope you are just questioning strategy here.

Because it reads like you're suggesting that Tad is either being lazy or incompetent. You can't think that he doesn't recognize the value of an elite transfer or that he is shying away from a recruiting fight.

I don't think Tad is lazy or incompetent...at least right now, I may feel differently if he chooses not to add a transfer. I can't think of any reason why we wouldn't pursue Moiser or Davis from Tulane for example. Elite level players, eligible to play right away, and with Dre gone we could use some reinforcement up-front. That scenario I alluded to earlier was not an unrealistic one, Moiser will likely end up at a Pac-12 school. Are we better off giving Ben Mills minutes? Or even if it's someone who has to sit out a year then next year boom, we have a veteran proven player to insert in the lineup, are we better off literally just letting that scholly go to waste this year? We'll see what happens, maybe we do add someone, I just can't understand why we shouldn't at least try to do so. And again given the state of the program it's not unrealistic to think that we should be able to attract a good player.

I don't think Tad is lazy or incompetent...at least right now, I may feel differently if he chooses not to add a transfer. I can't think of any reason why we wouldn't pursue Moiser or Davis from Tulane for example. Elite level players, eligible to play right away, and with Dre gone we could use some reinforcement up-front. That scenario I alluded to earlier was not an unrealistic one, Moiser will likely end up at a Pac-12 school. Are we better off giving Ben Mills minutes? Or even if it's someone who has to sit out a year then next year boom, we have a veteran proven player to insert in the lineup, are we better off literally just letting that scholly go to waste this year? We'll see what happens, maybe we do add someone, I just can't understand why we shouldn't at least try to do so. And again given the state of the program it's not unrealistic to think that we should be able to attract a good player.

Why would we want to sign a player that is willing to turn their backs on their teammates and coaches, just to transfer to another NCAA school?

Would you at least admit that maybe, just maybe, there are/were discussions going on behind the scenes that we aren't aware of? And considering there aren't more than 4-5 guys in the country who would be eligible to play next year and actually able to make a contribution, it just may be a little harder to land one than simply picking a name off a list?

I will guarantee you Tad is working to improve the team for next year, but he's going to be smart about it. It's a bigger waste of a scholarship to pick up a kid who will not get off the bench for 2-3 years than to wait a year for what could prove to be a very talented freshman, especially when the lineup appears to go 9-10 deep next year as is.

So you feel as though Allbuffs is an exclusive boys network where a girl gets no respect but you then whine (like a little girl some might say) because a post was moved (which is a common practice on here regardless of the poster's gender)? Not only do your actions not help the cause but they actually have the exact opposite effect in that your just perpetuating negative stereotypes about women which in turn may lead to people on here, gee I don't know, not giving respect to women?

Some angry messages on this one. I'm not a sexist, just a realist.

Back