What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Transfer that Boyle is targeting?

btw, the high school prospect Tad is targeting is allegedly impressive as hell. Game a bit like XJ's.

Then he has to be a pure shooter. XJ is the best pure shooter we have and we need more. I don't care if he's a 1, 2, 3, or 4. If he's not a giant dude, then he better be able to shoot the ball

JRK is acting like Tad doesn't have a clue. Since JRK might not know what a clue is he is again speaking outside of an area where he has any expertise.

There are a number of factors that I can see Tad worrying about and I'm sure a bunch more that I haven't thought of. First is of course if the player wants to come to CU. Some players will have preferences geographically, others will be looking for something specific in terms of academic programs, others may be looking for an easy ride.

Tad also has to worry about the question of will the player be a good fit for the team and program. What will he add to to the team both on and off the court. This has to be balanced against potential negatives. Does the player have unreasonable expectations about his role on the team, minutes played, number of shots, work load in practice, conduct, etc.

What I do know for sure is that Tad is a whole lot smarter than me or JRK in terms of managing his program. If a transfer fits and Tad thinks he will contribute then I am sure Tad will at least take a look at him and try to get him here, if not then I'm willing to trust Tad's judgement.

I saw Tad having dinner with his family a week or so back. I think he's starting to become a slacker.

I saw Tad having dinner with his family a week or so back. I think he's starting to become a slacker.

I saw him coming out of Panera one morning. Very disturbing that he's got time for 2 meals a day. :lol:

I believe the mystery recruit is Jelani Mitchell, 6'4 PG from Los Angeles

http://247sports.com/Player/Jelani-Mitchell-22230

Interesting if there's something to this. He had CU interest early on as evidenced by us having a recruit profile on him from over a year ago. Muir HS did really well in 2012 but had a player with eligibility question marks which ended in forfeited wins and their coach resigning near the end of the year. The team had a mediocre season this winter but Mitchell averaged 15 and 8 and was named all-area.

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/73051-13-SG-Jelani-Mitchell

This may completely irrelevant because he's from the SEC and may have absolutely no interest in us, but Trae Golden is transferring from Tennessee. He's a 6'2 SG, that put up (13.6 ppg, 38% from the 3, 82% FT) his Sophomore year and (12.1 ppg, 29% from the 3, 77% FT) his Senior year. Could be a steal.

Someone is playing with our team tonight. Xavier Johnson just tweeted about having to play with a recruit. Anyone have any more details?

The spring signing period closes on May 15th. So we've got about a week left.

If you learn the name, please keep it off the boards. This situation is similar to when Rodney Stewart was signed as an under-the-radar guy in football. For the good of the program, we do not want the name to get out.

Thank you.

Isn't that against NCAA rules?

Only if the coaches are there.

If a recruit is being hosted by other players and they decide they want to shoot some hoops or play catch or go lift, well all you can do as a coach is hope that they stay out of trouble. :wink2:

[tweet]331900416063328256[/tweet]

How do they keep getting every damn transfer on the market?

[tweet]331900416063328256[/tweet]

How do they keep getting every damn transfer on the market?

This one makes sense to me. UO is close to home and they lost their entire frontcourt from this year's team.

Back