What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Travis Hunter Appreciation Thread

CP was on a live this week with Devin Hester and he’s going to catch a jet after practice and be at his HOF induction ceremony. Devin said it wouldn’t be the same without him there. Prime was also at his wedding 20 years ago and was talking about Devin had a beautiful wedding with little touch of the hood at it with his huge Louisiana hot sauce bottles on the tables. He was asking Devin when he can offer his kids and Devin said you already know they coming and that his little one was doing the Shedeur on the couch the other day. Devin said he’s gonna come out this summer to visit with the team.
By "his kids" he may have been talking about all the players coming out of Devin's youth sports foundation he's been funding in Florida for years.

Two way playing just isn’t in NFL culture. IMO most players are talented enough play two ways and most players are smart enough to learn two positions.

When it comes to tens of millions of dollars, limiting exposure is an easy call for both player and organization.
NFL coaches tend to be control freaks. They want the players they are going to be relying on involved in every meeting, every practice. They can't stand the thought that a guy can be good without being exposed to their wisdom 60 hours a week.

They are also tremendously resistant to change. They do things the way they do them because that is how they have "always" been done and that is how "everybody" does them.

Think about how resistant they have been to things like the highly mobile QBs who have always been a part of the college game but are finally getting some NFL offenses adjusted for them. Think about how long it took them to accept flexing a TE or having a TE run deep routes. There have always been guys who could have done it but nobody did it seriously until Shanny turned Sharpe loose, now it's the normal.

There have been guys who could have been impactful on both sides of the ball. Prime as a great example. If you can be an all-star in two different sports you can play two sides of the ball and contribute.

Champ Bailey wanted to and could have had a big impact. He had the ball skills to be a receiver, understood offensive concepts, and was a gifted athlete.

As I mentioned before with the physical demands of the NFL I see no way that Travis plays significant time on both sides of the ball. If he gets with the right coach I could see him playing mostly on one side with special packages on the other utilizing his talents at the times when they could make the most impact.

We have seen limited use by coaches of big athletes in goal line packages. Bring in your athletic DT as a fullback or use an interior OL to stop up the middle as a NG in short yardage.

It's much more on the coaches being willing to do it than the athletes ability to do it. Travis has shown he can learn the entire offense and defense (and be an outstanding student academically as well.) Can coaches handle doing something they haven't done or seen before?

200.gif

projectionn

I'm confused if there's supposed to be snark here??? Travis is legitimately going to get one of the cover athletes, from the sounds of it.
100% snark, Travis is Him and I love everything he does, because he is super smart, and does his own thing.
Amazing human being and I hope he is on the cover, because he represents us very well

Back