What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Travis Raciti, our current class, and a Jon Wilner article

absinthe

Ambitious but rubbish.
Club Member
Junta Member
Jon Wilner talked about this in his "Colorado get to know your new coach" piece a while ago and repeatedly mentions Raciti as the type of defensive player this staff really likes. For those of you unfamiliar with him Raciti was all Wac 1st team last season as a sophomore playing DT for SJSU at 286 lbs and projects currently as the mid-round NFL prospect.

Raciti came out of highschool at 6'4" 240 and played tightend/both ways. Draw what similarities you want to: Reed, Gilliam, Brown & Keeney. They all basically share the same frame and are smooth athletes, I am not saying one way or another whether i think this approach will work but it certainly looks like we have a profile of the type of player we want and that we have a strong focus on our front 6 at the moment.

rep to anyone who can find his 40 or video from HS.

Could you link us to that article? Sounds pretty interesting.

I'm glad to see the new coach Mac recognizes the need to be creative. He knows that as SJSU and now at CU that he's not going to get the top rated recruits (at least not right away). He knows that he has to find guys who could pan out with hard work and coaching. It takes a special kid to come in and commit to gaining 40-50 pounds. Working hard every single day to transform their body so they're able to carry out new assignments on the football field. Travis Raciti did just that. He got to campus, worked his tail off, got big and now he's got a chance at playing on Sundays some day. Look at a guy like Redskins LB Brian Orakpo. Granted, he was highly rated as a Freshman at Texas, but he was 6'4'' and barely 220. He worked hard, killed it in the weight room, ate right and gained like 40 pounds. (I think the Skins list him at 260 now.)

If the staff finds committed athletes, who work hard, get good grades, love football, have good instincts and are willing to bulk/cut to learn a new position then our patience will be rewarded. Look at Issac Miller. Huge frame, really coachable, willing to do what it takes to be a success. I'd expect him to really work his butt off to bulk up. HellMarkeis Reed has already gained some good weight. It works the other way too. HCMM is asking the defensive line to slim down. Become more athletic, better conditioned, so they can get to the QB. I look forward to seeing what guys like Tupou and Solis can do with a little less weight in a 4-3 as opposed to the 3-4.

They have his 40 time here as 4.82, but I couldn't find it anywhere else so I question how real that time is.

Back