What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Trouble in Chapel Hill - BREAKING: Butch Davis fired

Lot of people wanted to see Butch in Boulder.

Yeah, it's a real shame that couldn't happen. I knew at the time that I didn't want his stench anywhere near Boulder.

I only wish we'd done as well with the choice we DID make.... :sad1:

I doubt they get the death penalty, but the sanctions that will come down will probably be harsher than what USC received. Looks like UNC will go back to being a basketball only school for quite some time.

I doubt they get the death penalty, but the sanctions that will come down will probably be harsher than what USC received. Looks like UNC will go back to being a basketball only school for quite some time.

Apparently the basketball program might be involved, as well.

So in other words, they'll be the same as they've always been. :lol:

I was reading that story and the name "John Blake" jumped out at me. I'm like "no, it can't be the same guy who was at OU, and then NU, right?". Sure enough. Same guy. So now I guess we all know how he was able to pull in all those recruits. No wonder he never stayed at one place very long, either. Always had to stay one step ahead of the NCAA.

I was reading that story and the name "John Blake" jumped out at me. I'm like "no, it can't be the same guy who was at OU, and then NU, right?". Sure enough. Same guy. So now I guess we all know how he was able to pull in all those recruits. No wonder he never stayed at one place very long, either. Always had to stay one step ahead of the NCAA.

John Blake jumped out at me as well, but I assumed there was no way it was the OU guy. Geez.

Last edited:
There was an outside the lines report done on him a month or so ago. It was eye opening. How does this guy keep getting jobs?

I'm hoping that none of that s*** happened when he was at NU, but under Callahan's "strict" regime nothing would surprise me. He and that fb program are TOAST. Gotta think that Butch Davis gets picked up pretty quickly by someone at the end of this season (LSU?).

There was an outside the lines report done on him a month or so ago. It was eye opening. How does this guy keep getting jobs?
Probably not going to be very easy for him to find a job now. This should make him toxic in the NCAA world.

It very much is the same Blake there was a sportsnation article I posted on him a while ago, he is simply one of the dirtiest men in CFB.

From a highly reliable publication, TMZ says the Boz was recruited by John Blake (click the link too because it is a classic picture of the Boz).

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/01/brian...ina-football-scandal-gary-wichard-john-blake/

TMZ has learned the agent recruiting scandal rocking University of North Carolina football goes deep ... all the way back to Brian "The Boz" Bosworth -- who, it turns out, has close ties to both men in the middle of the UNC controversy. A source close to "The Boz" tells TMZ the former University of Oklahoma football player was approached by John Blake back in the late 80s -- while Bosworth was still in school. We're told ... Blake, an OU football assistant at the time, told Bosworth, "I have a guy who's going to change your life." That guy was agent Gary Wichard.

Setting up a meeting between an active college athlete and an agent could be a major NCAA violation ... and it's exactly what Blake is accused of doing at UNC. Last month, Blake resigned as the defensive line coach at UNC amid allegations that he was funneling Tar Heel players to Wichard.

As for Bosworth -- he eventually hired Wichard as his agent when he entered the NFL.

Clearly, Blake and Wichard have a history that goes back more than 20 years ... which is interesting since their relationship is now under the NCAA microscope.

Last edited:
None of this is really surprising to me, it goes on more than people think. Problem is, you better not get caught.

None of this is really surprising to me, it goes on more than people think. Problem is, you better not get caught.

True, I lived in SWC country in the pre-SMU death penalty days. The stories were epic. A couple of dudes I knew were fairly highly recruited (one to SMU BTW), wild stuff.

True, I lived in SWC country in the pre-SMU death penalty days. The stories were epic. A couple of dudes I knew were fairly highly recruited (one to SMU BTW), wild stuff.

I had a family member on the team, Keith Brooks. They bought him a red Supra I think it was. I dont think this UNC thing is as dirty as that was but they are screwed. The NCAA isnt playing around right now.

I had a family member on the team, Keith Brooks. They bought him a red Supra I think it was. I dont think this UNC thing is as dirty as that was but they are screwed. The NCAA isnt playing around right now.

What is it with Supra's? I know a guy who got a red Supra from UH. I think I remember another player getting a Supra. Weird.

I guess you guys, I was really young. I just know he got one and they paid for it. That whole scene was dirty and everybody and I mean everybody was. It went on for alot of years. I can remember some of it, Ive been told the rest of it.

I guess you guys, I was really young. I just know he got one and they paid for it. That whole scene was dirty and everybody and I mean everybody was. It went on for alot of years. I can remember some of it, Ive been told the rest of it.
I have a friend who coached on that team. He said anyone who started took money.

The crap with his son didn't surprise me at all. I'm convinced he was instrumental in the whole mess.

I remember CJ from his days at Stratford HS in Houston, my guess is he was involved. CJ is a prima donna IMO, know next to nothing about Adam, he could be a great kid for all I know, but the apple and the tree, you know the rest....

There were reasons they got the worst penalty possible. Dickerson like driving his car to games instead of the team bus.

I remember CJ from his days at Stratford HS in Houston, my guess is he was involved. CJ is a prima donna IMO, know next to nothing about Adam, he could be a great kid for all I know, but the apple and the tree, you know the rest....
I believe that CJ was instrumental in the TT **** storm. I think it was a choreographed setup between CJ and son that was months in planning.

Craig James stayed at my uncle's house before. I dont remember but he was a world champion peckerwood according to my family.

Back