What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Trust the Process.

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
Yeah, I got my Black and Gold Sunglasses on, and I'm drinking a perfect Manhattan. And, yeah, so far, it hasn't all worked out exactly the way we hoped in every instance.

But, I keep coming back to this... CU has returning talent, some of it absolutely elite. CU has the facilities, the support organization, and the foundation in place. So, what do you do if you are out looking for a head coach?

I'd look for a cultural tsunami to use what we have to take us to where we want to go. And, if you want to emulate what has proven to work better than any other program, maybe in history, then you emulate Saban's Process.

Obviously Saban isn't coming here, but the Process has already spread. Kirby Smart took it to UGA. And, he tweaked it; made it a bit more modern. Smart hasn't gotten over on Saban yet, but he will. UGA is doing nearly everything at an elite level now, using the Process.

So, here we are. A core architect over several stops of the Process, Coach Mel Tucker, has agree to come here and be our head coach. What's more important to him? Brand name coordinators or guys, like him, who have successfully implemented the Process? I'm thinking Coach Tucker trusts the process.

He's brought over a core group to instill the cultural shift we wanted. Maybe, the Process is more important in delivering results? It goes beyond the Xs and Os and preparation. Look at how deep Kirby's staff goes on recruiting. They are doing it relentlessly and with tons of data. Plug the 3 core guys in, add the holdovers, and work the Process. And, we still don't know who the last 3 or so position coaches are going to be.

We wanted to get back to the elite. We've brought in a guy who has lived in that world.

Maybe it will all work out.

Yeah, I'm going on hope. But, we're going to see some results, good or bad, until final signing day. I am going to bet there will signs of the Process working.

Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains.

Gotta just roll with this and keep the momentum in a positive direction.

Tucker was a great hire. We have a great AD. They share the right vision for the program. People worry too much. This is going to be very successful.

I also think mt has a tireless work ethic that he will demand the same from his staff...preparation, recruiting effort etc etc.... I did not get that impression from the previous regime....appeared to be a laid back country club approach

Fresh shipment just came in!

kraft_foods_with_a_bill_board_trailer_for_kool_aid.jpg

I'm good with the coaching staff so far...experienced coordinators for once. Only concern I have is how the current CU players will adapt to the new offense due to the OL.

We seem to be bringing in quite a few 'quality control analysts'. Forgive my ignorance, but in football, what the heck is a quality control analyst?

We seem to be bringing in quite a few 'quality control analysts'. Forgive my ignorance, but in football, what the heck is a quality control analyst?

Tape Junkee

They'll watch film of upcoming teams and figure out what they are good at and weak against. They will also look for "tells" where opposing players may give something away with their manurisms, or if a certain formation can lead to a dead giveaway of what's coming. They'll also self-scout to make sure we aren't being too obvious.

Then they'll use all of this information to help the coordinators come up with the gameplan for that week

Sometimes it's an accomplished coach who needs to rehab his coaching career and is brought in to a top program to bring his insights while he gets a re-set. Tedford did it with QBs at Washington. A number of guys have done it at Alabama. Kirby brought that Bama model to UGA. At other places, like CU, QC have often been spots to hire a young coach who is more than a GA but not to the level of our position coaches.

Yeah, I got my Black and Gold Sunglasses on, and I'm drinking a perfect Manhattan. And, yeah, so far, it hasn't all worked out exactly the way we hoped in every instance.

But, I keep coming back to this... CU has returning talent, some of it absolutely elite. CU has the facilities, the support organization, and the foundation in place. So, what do you do if you are out looking for a head coach?

I'd look for a cultural tsunami to use what we have to take us to where we want to go. And, if you want to emulate what has proven to work better than any other program, maybe in history, then you emulate Saban's Process.

Obviously Saban isn't coming here, but the Process has already spread. Kirby Smart took it to UGA. And, he tweaked it; made it a bit more modern. Smart hasn't gotten over on Saban yet, but he will. UGA is doing nearly everything at an elite level now, using the Process.

So, here we are. A core architect over several stops of the Process, Coach Mel Tucker, has agree to come here and be our head coach. What's more important to him? Brand name coordinators or guys, like him, who have successfully implemented the Process? I'm thinking Coach Tucker trusts the process.

He's brought over a core group to instill the cultural shift we wanted. Maybe, the Process is more important in delivering results? It goes beyond the Xs and Os and preparation. Look at how deep Kirby's staff goes on recruiting. They are doing it relentlessly and with tons of data. Plug the 3 core guys in, add the holdovers, and work the Process. And, we still don't know who the last 3 or so position coaches are going to be.

We wanted to get back to the elite. We've brought in a guy who has lived in that world.

Maybe it will all work out.

Yeah, I'm going on hope. But, we're going to see some results, good or bad, until final signing day. I am going to bet there will signs of the Process working.
Important post. He assuredly is and will continue to say “trust the process” to his team. The idea that these three have “been together” cannot be underestimated for both culture installation, process and trust.

And last night I'm telling Duff that it's too early to mock people for going all "Trust the coaches" and then Liver posts this ode to hope. :ROFLMAO:
It was hard to hear your rational arguments through all of your other emotionally driven arguments.

Here are three examples:

1) self scouting. Not just schemes and tendencies, but how well kid kids implement practice techniques (foot position and timing of DB “stick” technique.

2) Scheming. Sark developed and delivered the third down plan to Kiff two weeks in advance of opponent based on intense film study.

3) special packages. Johnson developed the package for Fields at UGA. Also helped Chaney transition to gun since he had less OC experience in this set.

These positions are an essential part of big boy football.

Tape Junkee

They'll watch film of upcoming teams and figure out what they are good at and weak against. They will also look for "tells" where opposing players may give something away with their manurisms, or if a certain formation can lead to a dead giveaway of what's coming. They'll also self-scout to make sure we aren't being too obvious.

Then they'll use all of this information to help the coordinators come up with the gameplan for that week
And huge into advanced data analytics.

Tape Junkee

Then they'll use all of this information to help the coordinators come up with the game plan for that week

In CU's case, a hypothetical analyst told the OC to run up the middle on first down 90% of the time, never throw to a tight end, and on 3rd and long, throw the ball to a receiver who has yet to cross the line of scrimmage. Do this week after week with the hope that the opposition would never think that a team was dumb enough to do this week after week. As a side note, the approach worked like a charm for MM: He got to keep his CU salary, move on to one of his beloved SEC teams, and get paid on top of that. Maybe, just maybe, MM played the role of the analyst.

Faced with a seemingly insurmountable problem, no concrete solution and a sense of powerlessness, people tend to protect themselves with slogans.

Here are three examples:

1) self scouting. Not just schemes and tendencies, but how well kid kids implement practice techniques (foot position and timing of DB “stick” technique.

2) Scheming. Sark developed and delivered the third down plan to Kiff two weeks in advance of opponent based on intense film study.

3) special packages. Johnson developed the package for Fields at UGA. Also helped Chaney transition to gun since he had less OC experience in this set.

These positions are an essential part of big boy football.
do we have any of these "analyst" on our staff? besides the ones we just hired as coaches.

Tape Junkee

Pretty much what unraveled our 2019 season when another team figured some things out and we didn't ever adjust!

And last night I'm telling Duff that it's too early to mock people for going all "Trust the coaches" and then Liver posts this ode to hope. :ROFLMAO:

Not surprising that the conversation landed on the topic mocking people:ROFLMAO:

Not intended to be political but I think it fits where CU football is at right now.

giphy.gif

Back